Is NutriSystem worth it?

Options
13»

Replies

• shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    I tried it, and ended up eBaying the rest of the food simply due to the taste.

THIS^

I ate all the decent stuff and couldn't stomach the rest.... sold it on Craigslist.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    It's $309.99 per month. I am 90 lbs overweight. Been struggling for years. The last 2 with MFP.

Would you say it's worth it?

What's the plan for when you stop NutriSystem?

The answer is there is no plan. You will have developed no new food habits or learned anything about portion size, calorie intake, etc. You will immediately go right back to your old habits and put the weight back on.

Damn, you so negative*.

*100% Correct
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Bully and hater 4 lyfe.
  • threefancy
    threefancy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you need/want a prepackaged meal plan, try something like Seattle Sutton that delivers fresh meals - delivered twice a week, no extras needed.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Bully and hater 4 lyfe.

h8er
  • ladywizard43
    ladywizard43 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I tried Jenny Craig years ago which is a similar idea. I lost weight sure, but they don't teach you how to maintain that loss so the weight came back. I've lost over 100 pounds now just by eating sensibly and exercising, and know I will keep it off because I've made the changes in my life I need to in order to sustain it.. Good luck to you! :)
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    The only thing I know about it is what my two friends have told me but I'll pass it along for what it's worth.

One lost about 20 lbs. on it then gained 25 lbs. back. And she found the food completely vile.
    The other friend could tolerate the food, didn't lose anything but complained every day that the food looked and smelled like cat food.

There's my two cents. :drinker:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Tried this a few years back. NOT worth it.

1. In addition to their food, you still need to purchase groceries to the tune of $50-100 a week.

Whhhaaattt? That is all I spend on groceries now, without having their food!
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It's $309.99 per month. I am 90 lbs overweight. Been struggling for years. The last 2 with MFP.

NO!! Spend the money on a trainer and have them help you with a plan!! The reason is you may have great success on the plan but eventually you come off of it, you may resort back to old habits. It's like some who have gastric bypass do well and lose weight, but never really address their eating habits, eventually some of them resort to their old ways and gain it back. This should be a lifestyle change not a diet...this is what I tell myself everyday.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

In my limited experience I would say no and here's why.
    I approach this (weight loss) with one simple question, 'Can I sustain this program for the rest of my life?" In reference to ANY of the diet systems or specialty diets the answer is no. So, before I started on this site I took a hard (very hard) look at why I was doing the things that I have been doing and realized that if I don't change those things then nothing that I consume will ever cure my problem.

The things I am eating now are the same things I have always eaten (with a few exceptions) and will likely continue to eat, that for me is something that I can maintain and sustain for the long haul.
    The only reason that I will fail is if I fail myself, the food can't fail me and can't blame it on some diet that was unsustainable.
    No matter your decision I wish you luck.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I tried Jenny Craig years ago which is a similar idea. I lost weight sure, but they don't teach you how to maintain that loss so the weight came back. I've lost over 100 pounds now just by eating sensibly and exercising, and know I will keep it off because I've made the changes in my life I need to in order to sustain it.. Good luck to you! :)

Exactly what I did! ;)
  • Heavensheart
    Heavensheart Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Before you drop all that money on a full month, pick up a 5 day kit sold at Wal-Mart for around $45. I was able to find these kits for $36 and you can print a coupon off of the Nutrisystem website for $5 off. I tried the kit out and lost 2.2 pounds in the first five days. It's a great way to LEARN to eat right. It gives you an idea of what your food should look like. You can check out my detailed blog about the kit and see for yourself. I bought 4 of these kits to give me 20 days. I like the kits but I wouldn't spend $260 on it. I will continue to buy the kits if I can find them at a good price :-)

http://bookwineandtime.blogspot.com/2014/03/nutrisystem-5-day-weight-loss-kit.html