Coffee Creamer Substitute?

Options
I'm using a lot of calories every day just from my coffee creamer. Dose anyone know a good substitute? I use Roundys Original. It's 10 calories per 1 tsp.

Thanx :)

Replies

• Tarreemha77
    Options
    Thats actually GOOD the caffine in coffee is good when your working out so I have at least a cup of Java a day and use regualar creamer but splenda to sweeten since it's a no cal sweetner(Plus I like the taste). Will try your rounder instead. Let me know if you find something better though
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping somebody has some ideas. My mom uses up 200 calories just with her creamer. I always ask her if she'd like a little coffee with her creamer. Haha. :) I'd love to be able to give her some suggestions.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Uhh, why go for a substitute? I am using the Land O Lakes low fat half and half... 25 cals per 2 TABLESPOONS! Yummy in the coffee.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I need my coffee good and creamy as well. I only use coffee creamer from International. They are in the refrigerated section near the other creamers. They have a sugar free hazlenut that is out of this world! It is 20 calories per tbsp. All of the other creamers (including coffeemate) use partially hydrogenated oils which as we all know has trans fat. They also sell individual serving sizes (in the coffee aisle). But I don't think the individual sizes are sugar free. Hope this helped!!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the info about the land o'lakes. I didn't know that. Of course, I would be tempted to pour that stuff straight on my cereal. I have a weakness for dairy. Sounds yummy, though.
  • deedysgirl0183
    Options
    I add low fat hot chocolate to my coffee. It's only 25 calories.
  • mtzrose2001
    mtzrose2001 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. I never thought to add hot chocolate instead. I have tried that in the past and its pretty good. I'll have to pick me some up.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I use Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk in my coffee. It's not as thick/rich as actual cream or creamers, but it works. It's only 40 calories for a whole 8 oz. cup, so if you use 1/2 a cup or less, it's a really low-cal option.

For what it's worth, I also suggest stevia as a no-calorie sweetener. It's a natural alternative to all the artificial, chemically created sweeteners out there (Splenda, Sweet n Low, Equal, etc.).
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    For those that like the flavors and sugar in the coffee...Amazon has the Torani syrups on sale this week!! A little splash gives a lot of flavor. Also great in smoothies to cover the sometimes not quite ripe bitterness of fruit. The chocolate sugar free syrup is wonderful in a banana/strawberry/pineapple smoothie....like a liquid banana split!
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    not sure if anyone has told you about fat free half and half. I hav e been searching ever since i started MFP to find a creamer. I love half and half. I didnt even know that they made fat free......I tried what some said which was that silk brand stuff. It was gross. I go to starbucks and bring my own half and half now in a little plastice container and dump it in.. I can NOT tell the difference. Get it at trader joes there is best. I even left posts for help and no one ever said fat free half and half lol
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i just got one from the store and its 10 calories/tbsp. its the low fat coffeemate in original. its okay, but i need my coffee to be a bit sweeter so i added some sugar low. maybe i will some torrani syrup. that stuff is great and the sugar free version is good too.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    The thing about creamer is since it's more dense than something like milk. I use whole milk in my coffee, and it's helped me lower my sugar intake as well. I am slowly weaning myself off of sugar and switching to Stevia leaf sweetener.
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Thats actually GOOD the caffine in coffee is good when your working out so I have at least a cup of Java a day and use regualar creamer but splenda to sweeten since it's a no cal sweetner(Plus I like the taste). Will try your rounder instead. Let me know if you find something better though

Splenda actually has 3.3 calories a packet. It's still better calorie wise than sugar but if you use a lot and drink a lot of coffee it can add up quick. I would add 20 packets (extreme sweet tooth) to my 16oz coffee and didn't realize I was using close to 70 calories. Luckily, I didn't drink more than one cup a day.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I love using hazelnut in my creamer...you can use fat free creamer and get those flavored splenda packets and put it in your coffee..much healthier.
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    I use Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk in my coffee. It's not as thick/rich as actual cream or creamers, but it works. It's only 40 calories for a whole 8 oz. cup, so if you use 1/2 a cup or less, it's a really low-cal option.

Sounds good, i'll have to try it. I'm also gonna have to try the fat free half & half! I have the same problem with adding a lot of cals & sugar with my coffee.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I use this as well :)
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I use Silk's French Vanilla creamer. It's 20 cal per tbls and quite good!
  • luckyinlife
    luckyinlife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk
  • mips2010
    mips2010 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have been working on this one myself. I finally found something I'm happy with. Coconut milk gets my to the color and temperature I'm used to and marshmallow fluff takes care of the creaminess and sweetness. Coconut milk is only 50 calories/cup and Walden Farms marshmallow fluff is fat free, sugar free and calories free. This saves me 150-200 calories a day. It's not the most organic or natural solution, but if your idea is to save calories then try this. Walden Farm products are in my local health food area of the grocery store.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    have you tried black coffee ?