How I lost 6 and a half pounds in a night...

Options

Replies

• krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thank you for putting it this way! Every time I've failed at dieting/eating right has been because of disillusionment with a weight plateau (that, or brownies). Or me expecting to lose 3 pounds a week, and being frustrated when I lose zero or 1 pound a week.

Side note, I have no idea what those numbers on your scale mean.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Thank you for putting it this way! Every time I've failed at dieting/eating right has been because of disillusionment with a weight plateau (that, or brownies). Or me expecting to lose 3 pounds a week, and being frustrated when I lose zero or 1 pound a week.

Side note, I have no idea what those numbers on your scale mean.

I think the numbers on the scale mean Stones and then Pounds. In Europe that is how they measure things. We just had to do straight pounds here because we are American and thus difficult and we were pretty much desperately trying to stick it to the Brits in any way we could. How do you think we got American English? Webster basically messed around with European English until he made things different but still familiar. :laugh:

OP, Thanks for the enlightenment and the encouragement. The numbers on the scale pale in comparison to how much better I feel when I work out and eat right. :drinker:
  • PescetarianPrincess
    Options
    This makes me feel so much better. Wow.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Mike! This was awesome.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I like to think of my fat loss in the form of how many Big Macs I would have to eat to gain it back.

10 lbs of fat is the equal to eating 63.67 Big Macs (42.67 if you also get medium fries and a diet Coke).
    Those are US Big Macs and fries, so your mileage may vary.
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    awesome post!
  • minervoisgal
    Options
    I think the numbers on the scale mean Stones and then Pounds. In Europe that is how they measure things. We just had to do straight pounds here because we are American and thus difficult and we were pretty much desperately trying to stick it to the Brits in any way we could. How do you think we got American English? Webster basically messed around with European English until he made things different but still familiar

stones in england, kilograms for the rest of europe.
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Excellent OP and something I'm just about hitting. Woke up today feeling tired ... I have been exercising and eating some calories back but never to surplus for the last month. Today I realised I needed only to eat well & keep ticking over & it'll be fine... the scales hit a big low at 217 & I pretty much know I feel pre-ovulation bloated so I'm fairly confident later in the month it'll even out & be lower again :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    this is a great post, actually, but i was hoping for a massive poop story.
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    it can be done
    when you do a colonoscopy.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    musta dropped a huge deuce too
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    this is a great post, actually, but i was hoping for a massive poop story.

Yeah, me too! But I'm not too disappointed. :drinker:
  • great post! thanks so much for all of it.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I prefer 6 hour sex marathons.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Excellent post and for someone only 22 you tend to have a lot of knowledge and insight.
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I really thought this was going to be a post about the norovirus.

LOL, me too!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can see from my phone if this guy really posted a nude progress pic.

Stupid little red X's. :grumble:
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Very informative post, thanks!