People with names you like/dislke?

Options
13»

Replies

• greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Teresa, Mary, Chad, and Christina. And of course the names are all from personal experience. Hate them all. lol.
  • ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This happens for sure. My wife is a teacher and when we had our first born, trying to find a name was difficult because many names reminded her of a problem student she had over the years. It is truly illogical, but that's the way we think sometimes.

This ammuses me - my husband and I could never agree on a girls name as I either associated the name with a crazy B or he know some slutty chick from his past with the name.. haha! Thank god we figured something out because we have two girls!
  • nhoffman26
    nhoffman26 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have met karma, and she is indeed a b*tch!! Destiny was really no better. My name is naomi and I think I'm a good person.
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Okay... So I'm a Cassandra... Almost every Cassandra I've met have not been nice, in my opinions quite *****y and self absorbed . From back home there were maybe 5 including me and the other 4 even had similar looks, body types and outlooks on life except for me....I like my name, but just not most of the people who I share it with ;-)

I promise, I'm not *****y or self-absorbed!

Signed,
    Cassandra (the kind and sweet)
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options

I've noticed a bad trend with guys whose names start with the letter J. I try to avoid them now haha.

I thought I was the only one with the letter J! I do like the name Jared, though.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    IN for name shaming..
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    This happens for sure. My wife is a teacher and when we had our first born, trying to find a name was difficult because many names reminded her of a problem student she had over the years. It is truly illogical, but that's the way we think sometimes.

This ammuses me - my husband and I could never agree on a girls name as I either associated the name with a crazy B or he know some slutty chick from his past with the name.. haha! Thank god we figured something out because we have two girls!

I had to name my daughter after my exhusband's Mother hehehehe ( he was a slut ) hince the ex-

I usually try to steer clear of Deborah's I had a very bad experience with one ,very bad ... a few years back there was a woman I really disliked and didn't know her name --- later found out she was a Deborah too, hmm coincidence? I think not ..
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

I've noticed a bad trend with guys whose names start with the letter J. I try to avoid them now haha.

I thought I was the only one with the letter J! I do like the name Jared, though.

Haha, same here! The last time I was back home in Atlanta, I had a sleepover after a bar night with my girls. We came to the conclusion that all of the guys we have ever dated with J names have been total disasters. What is up with that?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    IN for name shaming..

lol, this may possibly become a "thing."
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Anyone named Anthony is awesome ! :)
  • NatiaGonitellie
    NatiaGonitellie Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have had Bad encounters with men named Jim Jimmy and James.

Unfortunately a weekend @ Winterhawk Bluegrass Festival has also soured me on the name Conner.
    His mother must have uttered his name more than 200 times a day,
    "Conner what are you doing"
    "Conner stop that"
    "Conner why"
    and Conner and Conner and Conner she Conner'd this child and all around her to distraction....

AGHHHH!! I'm having flash backs now.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    Keelie. I have only known one person with that name. That's right, evil girl from my high school. I'm talking to you! :laugh: