How do you reward yourself?

Options
I reward myself in different ways for meeting my fitness and weight loss goals. I know that my profile says that I lost 8 lbs. However, I slacked off last year and stayed away from myfitness pal. I gained 8 lbs from my original profile settings. So, since returning to the site I have lost 15 lbs. I reward myself by:
buying Summer clothes
Spa activities like manicures/pedicures/facials.

Replies

• prima073
    prima073 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello Gloria,

My reward is looking at myself in the mirror and seeing that I am making progress. :smile: I, like you, also like buying new clothes for myself as a reward.

Keep it up.

Prima
  • infinitevast
    infinitevast Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    New clothes definitely! Also I'm planning on getting my hair cut and colored to something totally new once I reach my goal weight.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Clothes that fit.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 pound and ordered myself a fitted blazer on sale from jcpenney. It's cut short in the waist and arms and will fit through my weight loss journey. I wouldn't purchase unfit Ted clothing that will soon be too big though. I PLAN TO REWARD myself periodically with clothing jewelry trips and jewelry.
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    New clothes!
  • shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I go to goodwill and find "new" clothes in smaller sizes. It is so exciting to buy size 12, I haven't been a 12 in almost thirty years! Woot woot, by April I expect to be at goal and wearing a 10.

My ultimate goal is a tattoo when I reach a healthy BMI and maintain.
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My reward is on Saturdays I have a nice skinny cappuccino with cream cake yumyummmm
  • Christiandtroy
    Options
    a half cup of Arctic Zero frozen desert 36 calories, the simple things in life. shopping off the rack is nice too. after 20 years of Big and Tall.
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    A new bottle of nailpolish or clothes from the thrift store. I just put on an XL yoga pant yesterday. (I am usually a 2x) Maybe it was just a brand discrepancy but I don't care. lol
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with nice smaller clothes that now fits me well :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight I bought new clothes out of necessity, and I did enjoy it, but I don't reward myself for losing weight or for fitness goals. I just annoy my friends and family by telling them all about it.
  • jnb143
    jnb143 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    New workout clothes :) There is just something about cute workout clothes that makes me want to push even harder!
  • 123stefania
    123stefania Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I do the same, I have a scale:
    10lbs: hairdresser appt
    15 lbs: mani-pedi
    20 lbs: facial
    25 lbs: massage
  • Vivh1765
    Vivh1765 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas on this thread.

Looking in the mirror and being happy with my progress and my shape is a huge reward.

I would like to lose another 24 pounds, so do not want to buy new clothes - but I have a load of clothes I haven't really been able to wear for at least 3 years and being able to get into many of them now is a reward.

Like the idea of beauty treatments as well, so I have pinched that idea - and booked a haircut for tomorrow.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    New clothes or a massage.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    i think that we need to care for ourselves though out our weight journey. I plan on maintaining my monthly massages and haircuts. Otherwise I will look and feel bad. I do plan to reward myself every 10 pounds or so. However taking my fat clothes to the resale shop and shaking my fist at the heavens and saying "With God as my witness I will never be chubby again!" will also be a reward!

And eating for strength I am vegging out on the GOMBBS diet bitter greens (kale, collard, turnip greens), onions, mushrooms, beans, berries and seeds as Dr Joel Furhman says will restore health and ideal weight. As I stop shoving sugar, fat, salt, fake color, flavor, etc and meat bombs in my body I FEEL MAHVELOUS!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm maintaining and have already replaced my entire wardrobe, I like to reward myself with food. Not a binge, but something like cooking a new meal, firing up the grill, or grabbing a loaf of fresh bread from the bakery rather than eating the usual Sara Lee stuff off the shelf. Just something to keep my relationship with food a positive one. The BF also really enjoys these things so it's always a nice treat for the both of us and something to do together.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    NEW CLOTHES!!!!

Pedicures.....anything but FOOD!!!:bigsmile:
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    New workout clothes/shoes/gear or a manicure! Seeing the results in the mirror is always a reward in itself but sometimes spending a little money on yourself doesn't hurt :)
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    With every 10 pounds lost I get a massage. Once I'm on maintenance, I reward myself once a month if I stay within my weight range.

u6zHpfMs.jpg