Beachbody's 21 Day Fix- Don't count calories?!

Options

Replies

• Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    What happens on the 22nd day?

You're at your goal weight and you magically maintain forever.
    Stahp asking dumb questions.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgLDXVlpJoYvP1gVkRBdVWIj8_xQ97yB_B1ehANSTK3MBBuahw6w
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Wow, y'all really need to learn about things before you bash them. The 21 Day Fix is more about learning to eat clean and to teach people portion control. Not everyone is great at counting calories every day and portioning things out correctly. Not to mention, you don't have the measurements of anything so how can you say that you're not able to get enough protein or veggies or fruits? You realize you actually get 3 or 4 containers a day with just the protein, right?

Nope, you wouldn't know that because you actually didn't read it. Don't post a load of crap, please. Someone might be coming here for inspiration and you just tore them down. YOU had to start somewhere too.

True, but once you spend some time on here learning to track food (while alternately learning to measure) you would get great at it, no?
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

+1
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Yep...because we all know that years of bad habits can be corrected in a simple 21 days. And I mean, come on! It says FIX in the title.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Wow, y'all really need to learn about things before you bash them. The 21 Day Fix is more about learning to eat clean and to teach people portion control. Not everyone is great at counting calories every day and portioning things out correctly. Not to mention, you don't have the measurements of anything so how can you say that you're not able to get enough protein or veggies or fruits? You realize you actually get 3 or 4 containers a day with just the protein, right?

Nope, you wouldn't know that because you actually didn't read it. Don't post a load of crap, please. Someone might be coming here for inspiration and you just tore them down. YOU had to start somewhere too.

let me guess, you are on day 4.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options
    Portion controlled eating ALWAYS works when it comes to weight loss. Not a new revolution here, just a great marketing plan to enforce portion control.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Has there even been one success story from this posted on the boards? It's been out long enough for people to have completed it. I've seen posts where people (coaches) say they are getting amazing results, but I have yet to see one post talking about how much weight they lost during the program and what has happened since they completed it.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Well it's actually $100 total because you pay shipping too.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Well it's actually $100 total because you pay shipping too.

IDEA Fitness member

Hold me. I want it to stop.
    *Rocks in a corner*

The_Crying_Corner_by_Lynn_spirit_Rains.jpg

Edit for typing fails.
  • mondriantree
    mondriantree Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What is the deal with this beachbody stuff? I had a person on here inviting them to join this group and then after a few PMs they wanted me to go on the beachbody website and register. I looked it up and there seemed to be a lot of complaints about it. I haven't messaged the person back cause it made me nervous.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    You may not be counting the actual calories that are in what you're eating but it's very obviously still portion control. I think the containers are silly.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

One doesn't need to spend $100 on containers for inspiration though. There is more than enough sufficient information on this site to learn how to eat in correct portions and "clean" eating (which really has no definition) without forking out money.
    I mean how hard is it to buy measured containers? Beach body workouts are free on youtube. And coaching? Lol, most coaches couldn't show you how to do a correct squat much less coach someone on how to do it correctly.
    ANY program works if followed. It's cool that the program here encourages portion control, but does it have a container for ice cream, cake, or cookies?

IDEA Fitness member
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    OP- I have an MFP friend that is a Beachbody coach and just completed that same thing-

*I've never used any of their products myself- I don't want have to pay for stuff like that. I need to learn how to eat right, portion control, etc on my own. I would be afraid of becoming to reliant on something like that. I want to be healthy for life and be able to do it without forking out cash.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    What is the deal with this beachbody stuff? I had a person on here inviting them to join this group and then after a few PMs they wanted me to go on the beachbody website and register. I looked it up and there seemed to be a lot of complaints about it. I haven't messaged the person back cause it made me nervous.

I'd have reported that to the mods. Whether on the forums, in groups, or in private messages - soliciting/advertising isn't allowed.
  • mondriantree
    Options
    Sorry accidentally posted without quoting. Ignore this post!
  • mondriantree
    Options

I'd have reported that to the mods. Whether on the forums, in groups, or in private messages - soliciting/advertising isn't allowed.

I was just planning on unfriending them, but I wasn't sure. I haven't encountered it before so I didn't know if it was legit or what.
  • COliver416
    COliver416 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Only my opinion: I look at all these programs , especially the ones that have been around for a long time. They have to keep coming up with new gimmicks. Why do they need to change their program that was promised to make you lose weight and keep it off? Because they have to keep reinventing themselves to attract new and returning clients that have regained their weight.

All those repeat customers need something new to make them think the program works. Wrong.

I'm not a beachbody coach, I'm not selling anything. But, I have dropped over 117 pounds and I've used Beachbody programs. Each program I've done works. I did Power 90, got stronger, got fitter. I did Focus T 25, got more cardio house, dropped more weight. I did Power 90 Master Series, and dropped more weight, got more cardiovascular health and more strength and definition than I ever had in my life.

Next I'm going to P90x3, I have friends who have gotten into the best shape of their life with P90x, but, the average length of the program is 1 hour with Yoga running an hour and a half. P90x3 took the new research (not so new, but good marketing) and put together a program that works you equally as hard in 30 minutes (understanding the bell curve of working out, after 30 to 45 minutes, most of the workout starts to lose it's effect). Insanity came out and got people great results. But people wanted something for athleticism, for speed and agility, not just to lose weight, so they created Insanity Asylum, that works on exactly those types of things. People wanted to build massive muscle and bulk, they created Body Beast.

These workouts were created by what people were asking for for what they thought would work for them. My mother loves 21 Day fix cause it's a 30 minute workout and she can use the tupperwear containers to package her lunch. She's dropped 15 pounds. You get 10 workouts by the way, not one. Ten different workouts for 60 dollars, plus tupperwear, and a shake mixer, which my mother loves also because she makes her own nutribullet veggie shakes.

It's not for everyone. But no program is for everyone. And no one is looking for the same thing. These programs all offer different things for different needs. Given that I've dropped nearly 45 pounds in a mere 11 weeks, should speak for itself.

Beachbody is a business and their business is producing and creating weight loss programs that will let people quickly lose weight and get into the best shape of their lives. They will continually release products that give people whatever they're asking for.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It confuses me as to why someone would gladly spend the same amount of money that I spend on over a week's worth of groceries on little plastic containers and sub-par workout DVDs just to have something that "inspires" them to learn about portion control.

Why not...

Actually learn about calories and macros...why your body needs them and deserves them in certain quantities...what those quantities are FOR YOUR BODY (since this can and does change depending on your goals, how large you are, and a myriad of other factors hence the need to learn about it...) and then actually apply those principles in your own life?

Your inspiration can't be something as superficial and outsourced as little plastic containers and DVDs or you will be right back here X amount of days after your "21 day fix" to try something else that works.

You have to figure out why you want to get in shape for yourself. Find what personally motivates YOU to do it. Then, learn HOW to do it. Then DO IT.

It's free. And if you want colorful little Rubbermaid containers, go to Wal-Mart and buy a pack for $20. Just be sure to learn on your own the calories and macros of what you're stuffing in to them so you can be successful for the rest of your life, not just 21 days of being told what to do so a coach can make money off of you. Those coaches "win" paid vacations by SELLING MORE CRAP YOU DON'T NEED. They don't care if you succeed or not. They just want to buy their crap so they can get paid and have good ol' Carl D. send them on vacation with the rest of their coach buddies.

PS. I might be a little jaded. Back in the day when coaching was about coaching and not about selling, I was a beachbody coach. I gladly QUIT shortly after Shakeology was released and it became crystal clear that the company simply wanted me to sell their crap rather than actually coach people to fitness. Jaded or not, I come with the truth in hand.
  • N4monsters
    N4monsters Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Not everything is for Everyone. But something works for Everyone. Just my .02....
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Beachbody is a business and their business is producing and creating weight loss programs that will let people quickly lose weight and get into the best shape of their lives. They will continually release products that give people whatever they're asking for.
    And it's doing great business. The point of this site is to educate people the same approaches WITHOUT spending loads of money on information or techniques that aren't new, but bundled as a "can't miss" weight loss venture.
    You can take ANY program on Beach Body and apply it and it will work. But the same goes for ANY OTHER program that's not Beach Body either.
    They all have one common objective: eating less than you burn and exercising to get fit.

Like others here, I don't feel one needs to pay $100 to actually learn this. If so, then I have a Paypal account.:wink:

IDEA Fitness member