Best Fitness Accessory to Buy?

Options
124»

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    FitBit, hands down. Unless you are looking to train for something like a race, the FitBit will do a great job of tracking the calories out side of the equation, and likely much more accurately than a heart rate moniter can.

I used to think that way, but the more and more people I see that are stalled on weight loss using those, it makes me hesitant to recommend one. That being said, I haven't used one so I don't really know. Just seems they overcalculate for everyone. I absolutely could be wrong though.

In reality, I don't think either really matter all that much.

The reality is that you don't know...everything you said is assumptions..

Um, no ****. That is exactly why I emphasized that I haven't used one and that I could be wrong.
  • jac_84
    jac_84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love my yoga mat and my weights !!

Im interested in this thread with in regards to the HRM

I dont mind getting a new toy but I dont want to go crazy on it.
    I walk and jog ocassionally and my job is physically demanding.

What do you recommend as a good purchase for this and is affordable?

You can buy a pretty affordable pedometer that simply tracks your steps. Or you can buy one that is a little fancier that gives your calories burned. They're great for measuring both jogging and walking and would let you know how active you are at work. I love using mine and (since I try to do the 10,000 steps a day thing) I'm always wearing it.

thanks so much!!
  • moonstoneme96
    moonstoneme96 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I use the Fitbit Zip and I absolutely love it. You can clip it absolutely anywhere or just stick it in your pocket. I used to have the NikeFuelband but it broke and I got tired of having it on my wrist looking out of place. With the Fitbit Zip I can hide it anywhere :)

Here is a link to the Fitbit website and the Zip.

https://www.fitbit.com/zip
  • jac_84
    jac_84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I use the Fitbit Zip and I absolutely love it. You can clip it absolutely anywhere or just stick it in your pocket. I used to have the NikeFuelband but it broke and I got tired of having it on my wrist looking out of place. With the Fitbit Zip I can hide it anywhere :)

Here is a link to the Fitbit website and the Zip.

https://www.fitbit.com/zip

i have been looking at this one for quite some time!! Im most impressed on the price compared to the flex band and being able to clip it where ever.
    Im curious if I am able to buy it somehwere for cheaper then $60. Ive been looking around and so far no luck as of yet.