This mom needs advise!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Good lord there's a lot of complication, it's no wonder that some people freak out or get confused.

So here's a simple approach.

Get your TDEE calculated. Eat 500 calories less than TDEE to lose a pound a week. DON'T try to be overzealous and go for 2lbs a week!

Lift heavy enough to complete between 5-8 reps per exercise you choose.

Do cardio at 85% of you max heart rate if you can. The whole "fat burning" zone is a bunch of BS.

Make sure you are accurate with your food intake count. Don't just guess.

You SHOULD be able to see some results within a weeks time maybe two if you are consistent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    If you are enjoying what you are doing in the gym, keep doing it. An hour and a half (if it is something you enjoy) really is not that bad. I often go that long and if I do cardio up to 2 hours; I do have rest days. I see results. When I don't see results it is on the nutrition end. I encourage you to continue both weights and cardio.. weights for building lean muscle mass and cardio to help endurance. Don't forget the stretching for flexibility. As far as inadequate results, check your true intake... Are your portion sizes larger than what you think they are? Accuracy is the biggest culprit in this journey.