Curious. Anyone into body-modification here?

Options

Replies

• EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have a few tattoos. Planning on getting a sleeve. No piercings.
  • LittleMissFit83
    Options
    Just a tramp stamp I wish I had never gotten.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have 2 nose piercings, snake bites, labret, 9 earings, eyebrow and tongue. They are all fine and well except the eyebrow kept having rejecting problems which is common.

I'm looking into tattoo's some day and possibly further modifications like tipping my ears.

Some modifications such as skin removal or braces are also a thought.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    So I have 3 tattoos. A koi fish on my arm, and two kanji symbols on my wrist/arm area meaning Beauty and Strength. Had my tongue pierced at one point, the con with that was it ripped, healed and everything but I still have a scar from that and I couldn't eat solids for a month! I eventually took it out. I had about 14 piercings on my ears, all but 2 I did on my own when I was 14-16, wish I didn't do that cause one ripped out and I have a scar from that and always have issues with my ears now because of the scar tissue.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Anyone with nipple and navel/conch piercings? Curious about how the pain scale compares between the three.

Belly button was the worst one I ever had. Even worse than my lower lady bits.

Isn't that interesting. I literally never felt my navel piercing. My boyfriend at the time was turning 6 shades of pale watching it happen but i watched it and felt nothing.

Interesting!! Maybe cause it was my first? But all I remember is it being the absolute worst pain ever. I was so grateful that it was over so quickly lol! I am genuinely shocked I got more after how horrible the belly button was. Maybe I just have a sensitive belly button area.

^^ this - I never felt my navel piercing at all, it was just a pinch and done! Didn't feel my lip piercing FIRST time round, but it hurt like hell the second time (had it done in a snakebite position).

Worst one ever for me was my scaffolding....thought I was going to pass out. Ended up taking it out - would love it again, but the thought makes me pale, lol. None of the other ear piercings hurt though (of which I have 7 - 3 in cartilage).
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I have 4 tats and my ears are double-pierced.

Ym0jPJy.gif
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have first and seconds (ears) tragus, tongue, lip and nose. I am dying for more but I can't decide. I love septum piercings but I'm not convinced it would suit me. I wear glasses too so I'm wearing of having too much going on in my face.

I love tattoos too. I don't have any yet. I've never been happy enough with my body to get one but I'm sure I'll get one eventually.

I do get quite frustrated too when friends get facial tattoos and then complain that they've been turned down for a job because of them.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    The movie "American Mary" is freaking awesome. All about extreme body modification! it's on netflix, and my girlfriend is in it. :flowerforyou: (Okay, she doesn't know she's my GF, but if people can e-date, I can tv-date, right?)
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    My body apparently hates piercings. I have 3 holes in 1 ear, 2 in the other... have had to get the first holes re-done... but now, I NEVER wear earrings because my holes get infected every time I try, even with super high quality jewelry. Also, at one point in college, I had my eyebrow pierced but over time, my body pushed the barbell out.

So... now, I just have my tattoo - it's a very large tattoo and I would really like to add some things to it - am working on the design at this point but don't know when I'll actually get the work done. You can click on my profile for pictures of my tattoo.

For the record, I'm not someone who anyone would ever expect to have piercings or tattoos. Most people are pretty shocked when they find out - I'm a pretty "cautious" and some might even say "conservative" person - have a super professional job. But I love my tattoo - thought about it for over a year before I actually got it. It took 9 hours (3 sessions x 3 hrs each) to complete and it hurt SUPER badly (especially the large flower right over my shoulder blade) but I don't regret it for a minute.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    The only tip that I have is never, ever have anything done with a piercing gun. I had the top of my right ear done as a teenager and it shattered the cartilage. So much infection, pain, more infection, and more pain. Anything you have done, have done by a professional piercer using a hypodermic needle. Fortunately, I was able to get an industrial by a professional piercer later on who had no problem working with the scar tissue in that area to cover up the wreckage.

I currently have my earlobes, nose, tongue, and navel done and none of them have given me any issues! The tongue was the most interesting as when it was pierced, it triggered a wave of saliva and I freaked out just a bit. My poor lizzard brain assumed it was blood and the wide-eyed deer-in-headlights expression on my face made my piercer laugh, so she had to take a beat. I remember thinking "I'm bleeding! From the mouth! Ohhh nooo, that's a lot of blood! She hit a vein or something!" Nope. It was just drool.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    This is stage 2 of my second lobe gauging:
    1800899_10101229568342153_1469256124_n.jpg

I also have a larger gauge tongue piercing.
    Depending on my weight loss, will have my nipples done, as well as corset piercings to help constrict loose skin (If I have skin removal surgery, corset piercings will be solely because they are sexy to me).

I plan a labret and maybe a septum. Depends on where my career goes right now. Currently in the designing and planning stages for a large tattoo piece.

Edited because I totally forgot how to post pics there for a minute... ha
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've had my eyebrow pierced and my nose and my belly button and my nipples.
    Currently the one piercings I have left are my ears.

I do have 7 tattoos though. And I want more.
  • TimelessRoses14
    Options
    I have 4 tattoos and 5 piercings, which are snakebites, lobes and a tongue piercing. :)
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love piercings & tattoos but I'm still pretty boring/modest with them. I have double lobe piercings, an industrial, & my nose pierced, and I have one tattoo on my wrist. I want many, many more, but my industrial was the most recent piercing [December] & it's taking foreverrr to heal. I also can't really afford it, especially tattoos. I have several more tattoo ideas in the back of my mind. I want lots more ear piercings too. I'd love to do a triple forward helix in the ear that doesn't have the industrial, & I'd like two or three more lobe piercings. I've never really liked the rook or the tragus or any of the inner ear-type piercings, so I'll probably just get a few more outer ear piercings & be done.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have one tattoo, double pierced earlobes. I had a cartilage piercing, but it scarred so much it overgrew and left this gigantic lump in my cartilage. It finally went down five years later.

I desperately want two more tattoos. One leg piece that I have all planned about as a tribute to my kids and my grandma, and one that is a reflection of how far I have come in life.

Any other mods are prolly out of question, because the profession I am going into is super-harsh on any facial mods and I have absolutely NO desire to pierce anything below. :)
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I love them. All forms of body modification. Hot.
    My reward when I hit my goal weight is a tattoo on my lower pelvic area. I can't wait. :happy:
  • CaptJackDaniels
    CaptJackDaniels Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have three small/medium tattoos (one of my smaller ones is across my chest), currently working on a fourth, my back piece... piercings: gauged ears (00) and I also have two other holes in each earlobe that I don't ever put anything in), orbital, tongue, eyebrow, nose (don't wear anything in it), lip (also don't wear anything in it), both nipples, two in my navel... more tattoos and piercings to come!
  • ThreePartBreath
    Options
    I love tattoo's and piercings, on myself and others.

I have three tattoo's, on my thigh, hip (the one in my picture) and on my hand.
    I tried to get my naval pierced but it rejected viciously- granted, I should have known that before hand as I could never wear earrings without my ears swelling and getting infected..Oh well, you live and learn!

I don't want any more tattoo's though as I feel the more I get the less important the ones I already have will be.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    In the past, I had my nipples pierced. It hurt like nothing I had ever felt before, and even after a year they never healed. I removed them and have been happy ever since, so in my opinion they aren't worth it. Luckily I was still able to breast feed my son but did have some problems with slow flow and leaking on different breasts (one with more and one with less scar tissue).
    If you don't mind, I have a number of questions:
    Do you mind elaborating on how they never healed? Were they simply tender or did they get infected easily? Did you use a barbell or a ring? Also, did they stretch out the nipple when you took the piercing out?

I'm considering getting only one done, and don't want my breasts to end up asymmetrical. I've had friends who had satisfactory results with their nipple piercings, but I want to get a more cumulative survey of everyone's experiences.

I had both nipples done by a professional piercer and they took forever to heal and were sore for a long time. He did them really deep. I took them out for a surgery and they healed up before i was coherent enough to put them back in. I had one redone by a Army medic (yay lidocaine) and it healed within a few months perfectly. BTW, the first time hurt like ...OMG I dont wanna do the second one.

Have belly button done, hurt but bearable. Hood done, the alcohol before the piercing hurt worse than the actual piercing. Also have 2 tats, looking to get more.
  • dintentions3
    dintentions3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    nipples navel and conch here. and others. everything hurt about the same except nipples. nipples is a killer. i have all my "private areas" pierced and nipples still took the cake in the pain dept