5 day water fasting?

Options
has anyone ever tried a 5 day water fast.? i have heard so many good things about it, you feel revived and you lose a good amount of weight... wondering peoples thoughts on this, have you tried it what was it like for you?

Replies

• YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I've never personally done it, but to me it doesn't even sound pleasant or healthy. Just eat a deficit and you will lose weight. To get rid of water weight just try to drink more water and balance your sodium with potassium.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    has anyone ever tried a 5 day water fast.? i have heard so many good things about it, you feel revived and you lose a good amount of weight... wondering peoples thoughts on this, have you tried it what was it like for you?

I would think once you started drinking water again the weight would come back but the loss of pounds would be water weight, not fat.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I would think once you started drinking water again the weight would come back but the loss of pounds would be water weight, not fat.

A water fast does not mean you don't drink water, it means you consume nothing BUT water.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    Options
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You will be miserable and hungry and it wont do anything more than lose and gain the same few pounds....but usually people just do it anyway.

Le sigh......just make sure you won't bump your head if you feel like fainting
  • ChaplainHeavin
    Options
    Oh, okay.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    What benefits would you be hoping to achieve?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    hell yeah
    it is great
  • Summer2014itson
    Options
    okay, i just heard its a good way to jump start it cleanses your body. so i thought id see opinions i wanna lose like 10 lbs a week before summer comes cause i dont wanna be as depressed as i was last summer ive looked at the water fast, the military diet, 2,4,6, diet, almost everything, i was very in interested in trying the eat your heart out.... what do you think
    ?
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I would surely end up in jail, having murdered someone in a state of utter rage and starvation.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mxwkl1Ec2x1rima5o.gif
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    If you try it, dial "91" on your cell phone so that all you have to do is hit "1" again and you can get help.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    okay, i just heard its a good way to jump start it cleanses your body. so i thought id see opinions i wanna lose like 10 lbs a week before summer comes cause i dont wanna be as depressed as i was last summer ive looked at the water fast, the military diet, 2,4,6, diet, almost everything, i was very in interested in trying the eat your heart out.... what do you think
    ?

aMvT99w.jpg

Stop with the fad diets. They don't work.

Make it a lifestyle change.
    Eat at a deficit.
    Do strength training.
  • piratesluver
    piratesluver Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    10lbs a week? That doesn't sound healthy. Maybe try 5lbs a month to start.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    ive looked at the water fast, the military diet, 2,4,6, diet, almost everything, i was very in interested in trying the eat your heart out.... what do you think
    ?

I think you're looking for quick fixes, which do not exist in the same universe as real, lasting loss of fat.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Give calorie reduction and exercising a whirl. You'll look good this summer.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I may be convinced if it was a 5 day ice cream fast...
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    ?

Stop it with fad diet!!!! Eat less, move more and make sustainable lifestyle changes
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    This is a ludicrous idea. Period. Eat at a deficit, move your *kitten* and the pounds will come off.