• ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Leg amputation.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Did you just find out or remember that summer starts in a few months???

Here's a helpful tip: it will also start about twelve months from when it starts this year. Use *that* as a goal date. Meanwhile, implement the necessary steps *now* so you aren't making a post just like this one in twelve months.

This.
    It took me almost a year exactly to lose 60 pounds. The good news is, if you start now, imagine where you'll be in 12 months!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Summer starts in a few months? :noway:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    It takes roughly a 3500 calorie deficit to lose one pound. This means it would take a deficit of 35,000 for the week (5,000 calories PER DAY) to burn that off.

To put in perspective, I just looked at my last week's burn with exercise was just under 28,000. Meaning to reach that goal, I would have to add an additional 1,000 calorie burn PER DAY and not eat ANYTHING to achieve this. I am obese, so my BMR is higher than your normal person, and I also exercise 6 days a week as is.

Weight loss is simple math/science. Once you figure this out, you will be much better off.

Amen.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Ummmm. No. :noway:

Maybe summer 2015 - if you're dedicated.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Big-Bang-Theory-Sheldon-No-GIF.gif
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You must have made a typo right? You meant to say 20 pounds in 20 weeks right? Please say you made a mistake.:noway:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    has anyone lost 60 lbs this quickly???? i need to do this i feel gross with myself i feel like the rate im going now is not going fast enough.... anyone lose 20 in 2 weeks? anything like that, that can help me trigger this weight loss.......... im stuck!

Why is it not going fdast enough? Where's the fire?

Did you put on 60 pounds in under four months? You know you didn't. So it is not possible, feasible or reasonable to expect the weight to come off that fast.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Ask Rachel Frederickson how she did it and you'll see that it wasn't the healthy way!! Wow if only I could take a magic pill to make me super skinny!!
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You don't need to, you just want to. Stick with a healthy, sustainable weight loss (keeping your expectations in check) and you'll definitely look better this summer (you have three months). Keep going and you'll look even better NEXT summer.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Took me 7 months to lose just over 70lbs...no way in hell you are losing that much that fast.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I've lost 53lbs in 10mos!! I believe I lost 20ish lbs the first 2 months, then it slowed down.

Stop with the quick fixes. Eat at a deficit, exercise, drink loads of water and take it slow. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    while we are at it, why not 60 pounds in two weeks????

Seriously, OP you need to stop, take a breath, and just focus on consistent, healthy weight loss. You did not get obese in two weeks, and you are not going to lose it all in two weeks either.

I would say..

focus on maintaining a 500 calorie daily deficit.
    work out/move more
    do not restrict foods; go with the 80/20 rule, 80% healthy and 20% whatever you want..cake, cookies, ice cream, pizza, etc…
    only weigh yourself once a week….
    it is a marathon, not a sprint
    and there are no quick fixes.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    MGTYSJ5.gif
  • snappyapples
    Options
    tumblr_mopdv4YTZM1ry4933o1_r1_500.gif
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    PR6.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mopdv4YTZM1ry4933o1_r1_500.gif

LOL
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Christmas is possible, and next spring/summer is even more plausible. And even then, you're losing more than 1 lb a week, which is average. But that doesn't mean you can't get fit and healthy by the time summer comes around. If you dedicate your time to working out very often and eating extremely healthy, you will like the physical results more than the results on the scale and will see physical results faster than your goal on the scale.
This discussion has been closed.