Found something shameful on facebook!!!

Options
I was just going through my facebook time line and i saw this one post...it is SO sick and Retarded... this guy has been using some of hugely inspiring(and famous) Before- After pictures of women who over came obesity in an inverse manner and Making fun of them n says "this is what happens when you eat Nutella"

This makes me so angry... some of these women are Members of MFP... and its heartbreaking to see how some jerk can use their pictures like this...... Is there any way to report this *kitten*??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

http://wildammo.com/2014/02/27/youll-never-want-to-eat-nutella-again-after-seeing-this-28-pics/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=nFB

Replies

• timrpm
    timrpm Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Seems like normal internet "List Article" rubbish. On what grounds would you report it, exactly, and why would it be your right to curtail his/her free speech on this matter?

I guess fundamentally if you don't want your pics re-used by random strangers in unpredictable ways, don't share them on the internet.
  • mrsslls
    mrsslls Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there will always be people who feel the need to shame others to make themselves feel mightier. Not much you can do about it though, it's true any picture you post on the net is available to the public.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    To be honest this is exactly why i dont share personal pictures with the www this is horrible :grumble:
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Don't use the word 'retarded' to describe something bad. It's offensive.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    To be honest this is exactly why i dont share personal pictures with the www this is horrible :grumble:

Agree with above, treat posting on WWW with caution unless you you are happy with any one using all, or selected bits, of content in any way they please
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

Yah.

That said when I come across things like the picture that dude posted which is clearly idiotic I don't get annoyed about it but rather take the p*ss out of it.

Like "dude, it must be sad for you that lady wouldn't want to date you no matter what her weight" or "well done on finally managing to post an image because let's face it if brains were dynamite you couldn't blow your own nose" etc etc.

Pay fools no mind.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Seems like normal internet "List Article" rubbish. On what grounds would you report it, exactly, and why would it be your right to curtail his/her free speech on this matter?

I guess fundamentally if you don't want your pics re-used by random strangers in unpredictable ways, don't share them on the internet.

The people who took the photos are the legal copyright owners of the photos, and people using them without permission is breaking copyright law. Additionally there are privacy laws about using pictures of people without their permission, which are separate to copyright laws. Even if you own the copyright of a picture of someone else you can't just use that picture for any purpose.

I agree with the general advice about being really careful who you share your pictures with online though. This kind of thing is pretty common, and frequently they can't track down the person doing it to take any action against them. Although if you know who's hosting the website, you can contact them to let them know that the person is using copyrighted images without permission and the web hosts may remove that person's account, although that doesn't stop them from setting up the same site with a different web host.

Wordpress (blogging web hosts) have some really good advice about how to deal with intellectual property theft in their help section, although maybe you need to have a wordpress blog before you can read that advice (worth a try seeing if you can access it without a wordpress account though, because you probably can)
  • Rachifloon
    Rachifloon Posts: 129 Member
    Options

This...

If there's one thing that people do with ease and in abundance on the internet, it's fat shaming. I doubt it's something that is ever going to change, and while we can only try to educate those that "poke fun" that what they're doing is counter-productive and hurtful, there will always be those with the mentality to hurt others regardless.

Facebook should have a "report" button in the upper right corner of any post.
  • AnnaChanges
    AnnaChanges Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    On what grounds would you report it, exactly, and why would it be your right to curtail his/her free speech on this matter?

Are you serious??? How is using other people's pictures called free speech???!!

Those women shared their pictures on mfp and other forums to inspire women and men out there that is possible to get healthy. It is a shame how someone so psychologically ill can use these pictures in such a humiliating way. And even if those pictures weren't reversed !! who is he to shame them ?!!
  • Dreamingallday
    Options
    The fat shaming is a low elementary school playground level of attack. If someone must resort to, " Oh you're fat, hur dur!", it speaks louder to their character than the people in the photos and they seriouisly need a more intelligent insult for someone than a fat jab.

Yes what they did was wrong,but nothing needs to be defended here. Those people in the pictures are amazing and have done soo much to reach a goal they and others probably didn't believe they'd ever reach, look at them now! Why do they need to go defending what needs no defense at all? The person on the other end probably has no accomplishment big or small of which to speak. Acknowledging this or opening up a dispute with them will only add kindle to their pathetic little troll fires.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... Nutella eh?
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

This...

If there's one thing that people do with ease and in abundance on the internet, it's fat shaming. I doubt it's something that is ever going to change, and while we can only try to educate those that "poke fun" that what they're doing is counter-productive and hurtful, there will always be those with the mentality to hurt others regardless.

Facebook should have a "report" button in the upper right corner of any post.

You can report the offensive post on facebook but you have to click into it then choose options at the bottom of the photo.
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    Options

^^^^ agreed, i find this more offensive too.

As people have said previously if you put your pic online expect it to become public property .. i wouldnt mind if they took mine and posted it on something like that if it taught people to look after their bodies better and not take it for granted . :smile:
  • khorton2715
    khorton2715 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Thank you...
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    *grabs Nutella and a spoon*
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I find that post just about as offensive as your use of the word "retarded".
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
  • bcolvin1259
    Options
    You click on it and a drop down should appear. Thereby, enabling you to report it to facebook as offensive. You can also hide it from your timeline. If you would like more friends please add me, I am also on facebook under the same name. Take care and God bless.
  • bcolvin1259
    Options

This discussion has been closed.