Gateway to 8k, starting today

Options
2»

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I hope so or I will get kinda lonely on this thread:) Week1Day3 done, it went fine. I was running at 5.5 the whole time, which is good for me! It resulted in 3.25 miles, nowhere near 8k but we'll see what happens in the coming weeks.
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I hope so or I will get kinda lonely on this thread:) Week1Day3 done, it went fine. I was running at 5.5 the whole time, which is good for me! It resulted in 3.25 miles, nowhere near 8k but we'll see what happens in the coming weeks.

Greag job! My life has been getting in the way, but hoping to do the whole thing next time, probably on monday or Tuesday. 8k is a whole lot less intimidating than the 10k. Great work!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I started week 3 last night. I hit the treadmill and jogged at 5.5 mph for the first two sets of 8 mins but then I backed off to 5.3 and 5.2 for the last two sets of 8 mins. It was harder than Saturday but not impossible. Anyone else?
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I started week 3 last night. I hit the treadmill and jogged at 5.5 mph for the first two sets of 8 mins but then I backed off to 5.3 and 5.2 for the last two sets of 8 mins. It was harder than Saturday but not impossible. Anyone else?

Just letting you know, you aren't alone. I'm heading out there tonight. Running with a friend so just doing 2 miles, not the G28K program plan, but will pick back up Thurs with the 2nd week.
  • cocoontheradio
    cocoontheradio Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i failed misearbly at c25k!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    i failed misearbly at c25k!

Sorry to hear that! Maybe you should give it another try? Many people try to run too fast/hard and end up giving up. It's also okay if you have to repeat weeks - tons of people do that , and there's nothing wrong with having to do so.

I found C25K a great way to introduce myself to jogging/running. I'm about to complete the program this week (I've jogged a complete 5k three times now). Before this, I hadn't jogged more than a minute or so since middle school! I'm not very fast yet - I jog a mile in 10 to 12 minutes, depending on the slope of the road, but I'm amazed at the change in my endurance in general.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Week 2 Day 2 of G28k and it went alright, I ran at 5.7 mph for the first jog, 5.5 for the second jog, 5.5 for most of the third jog, and 5mp for the last jog. But I wasn't dying, I even forgot to turn the fan on the treadmill because I didn't get hot until the last bit.
    anyone else with me here?
  • amysj303
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 today. Thought I would post here, just in case! I went about 3.95 miles. I have done all of Gateway to 8k on the treadmill.
  • amysj303
    Options
    I have been going steady, week 4 day 2 last night, just wanted to see if I had any other folks want to join up!
  • amysj303
    Options
    week 8 here, went alright. Just wanted to check in and see if anyone else was working on Gateway to 8k!