Calling all shorties!

Options

Replies

• idnac74
    idnac74 Posts: 71
    Options
    Hi! Also 5'2" here. My starting weight was 140. Current weight is 124 and my goal is 115. Its great to find people with similar stats :)
  • smallstuff76
    smallstuff76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. Have lost 23 or so pounds so far. Have another 10 to go then I will see where I am at. Would love friends!
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    5'4 over here (pretty much everyone I know is taller than me so I consider myself short)

Was 175 (12st 7), now 160.25 (11st 6 1/4), shooting for 112-120 (8st - 8st 8) but for now I'll be happy just to get back into healthy weight range at 147 (10st 7)
  • phys72
    phys72 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm 5'2", 41 year old mom

Just starting my journey…. again.
    SW 134
    CW 132
    GW 120 (we'll see)

Can't seem to get under 130. Would love some supportive friends. I've tried losing weight before but give up easily. I tend to do better when I have support and the occasional 'good job'. Feel free to add me!!
  • phys72
    phys72 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh and if anyone with my stats can share their daily calories I would appreciate it. I am not active (injured) and still confused about calories I should be consuming. I've heard its tough for us shorties and we should set our weight loss differently(?)
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5 1.5", 55 years old, and started at 126. My goal is around 115.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    You're Tall. :) I'm 4 10

Its darn hard being so short and not getting enough calories.

I keep my diary open. I also struggle on correct 'amounts'.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 5'2"

SW: 195

GW: 128-ish. Pretty much going with how I feel/look/toned at that point. I remember being pretty happy with myself at 150-ish, so I know any lower than that is all bonus. :)
  • jennycina93
    jennycina93 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jenny and I am 5'1" and 21 years old. It's always good to have more shorty friends :)
  • jennycina93
    jennycina93 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    BTW if anyone else is wanting another short friend, please feel friend to add me :)
  • amberletlmn92
    amberletlmn92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft 11 and 1/2 inches (that last inch is very important!) I'm 124lbs with an UGW of 100lbs :) I would love to meet anyone in a similar situation.
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3 1/2" and you can add me!
  • justinecarissa
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm looking to go down to my regular range so 125-135 lbs. I've become more aware about food desserts and having access to my favorite sports, Wushu, and grocery stores. I started at 185 lbs. I'm 5'0 currently weighing 163.
  • sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I'm 5'1".

SW-132
    CW-120.4
    GW-110

My GW is negotiable. I am currently strength training 3 x weekly. If I get the body that I want I don't care what my weight is. Good luck to everyone on reaching their goals.
  • erind2017
    erind2017 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi! :) I'm 5'3 CW: 187 GW: 120-130 Anyone feel free to add me!
  • ruthbwilliamson
    ruthbwilliamson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is my first post on these boards, and I am new to MFP. (I "joined" a while ago because a friend wanted me to, but I've only started using it this week.) My stats:

Height: 5 and feet and one half an inch
    SW: 129
    CW: 121
    GW: 110 or lower (110 is fine if I have success building muscle)

I'm more concerned with BMI than an actual GW. I've struggled with my weight on and off for years. I and 36 and have 4 kids. After my first child was born, I got back down to 110. And after my last pregnancy, I made it as low as 113. My youngest child is now 4, and after making it down to 113, I gained almost 20 pounds, AFTER losing all that "baby weight." (So frustrating!) I went through a stressful time, and put on the weight despite exercising regularly. So, I had to conclude my diet was a big part of the problem. Since I started logging my food nearly 3 weeks ago (first in a diary, and now on MFP) I've lost 8 pounds.

BUT (and this is a big BUT) I also struggle with daily calorie intake, portion size and all the rest due to my size. I read things that say stuff like, "Never go below 1200 calories a day!" and I *immediately* think, yeah, but what about ME--a person MY size?? I think being tiny really does make it a bit harder to regulate everything. I'm happy to meet other "shorties!"
  • lashortay
    Options
    il 4'11 XD i add me !
  • vivre17
    vivre17 Posts: 28
    Options
    I was wondering about calorie intake as well. I'm eating on average 1200-1500 plus working out, but I'm only losing about a pound a week. I'm trying to lose 2 a week, so I wasn't sure how that worked. My UGW is about 110 now, factoring in frame size.
  • jesstheturtle
    jesstheturtle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'1.
    My sw was 198. My cw is 191.2. My gw is 130 because that was how much I weighed in high school but I'm guessing once I get close to that I'll have a better idea of what would actually be my gw.
    Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • CheriiDarii
    Options
    I'm 5'1 trying to lose 50 pounds. I'm at 183 lbs RIT now