Roll call all Brits!

Options
Elby13
Elby13 Posts: 20 Member
Hi
Thought it would be nice to see where everyone in uk from and get to know each other a bit better
Here goes

Kirsty age 38 two children 1 boy 1 girl need to lose just under 2 stone currently watching calories and running 3 miles a day

Looking for inspiration and friends

Replies

• gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm from Somerset, 21, 15 pounds to lose (after losing previous weight with slimming world) have lost 2 so far on MFP. Add me please.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in East Sussex. I'm 36, a teacher, have 2 kids and am 33 weeks pregnant! I lost 66lbs after my 2nd child and was a size 10/12 before getting pregnant. I've been using MFP and exercising throughout, so I'm hoping I won't have loads to lose after, but I fully expect to need to lose around 20lbs (if I'm lucky lol).
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    Options
    hellooooooo ......
    cumbria

In short put my back out big time ,gained weight while resting it a few months on sofa...seen some pics, didnt recognise myself so went on diet chef signed up here.....lost 2 n a half stone so far... goal would be another 80lbs of but id be happy with 50-60lbs lighter :bigsmile:
  • kazxoxx
    kazxoxx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in uk, hoping to lose a couple of stone first then another couple!
  • markybmark83
    markybmark83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi

Mark from London. I want to lose about 1.5 stone.

I so need to learn to enjoy exercise but never have the motivation!! Hoping this site will help me to get up of my ar*e and move! I also need to stop eating such junk!

Good luck everyone. Feel free to add me.

Mark
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I'm Catherine, 28, from London. I'm aiming to lose about 20lb to get to my goal weight of 130lb, though I'm not sure if that's what I'll aim to maintain at - I want to see what I look like at that weight first.

I enjoy a load of different sports, used to play a lot of hockey, but now I mostly run/swim/cycle for cardio and am hitting the gym 2-3 times per week, aiming to get some really good muscle definition. I go to my local bodybuilders gym and look very out of place being the only girl there!

Feel free to add me

C
  • katew221
    katew221 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Brits! What a lovely idea :)

My name is Kate, I'm 22, live in Suffolk and I am 30lbs down with another 54lbs to go before I reach my first goal (6 stone loss), and another 2 stone after that!

Lots of factors have brought me to the weight I am. I suffer from Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) which causes weight gain and retention, and in the past I have struggled with emotional eating as well. I don't think I can remember a time when I WASN'T aware of trying to eat less, exercise more and lose weight, but a killer combo of personal happiness and weight loss supplements is finally working some magic and the pounds are coming off, hooray!

Motivations for losing weight are: my health (obviously!), weight loss in women with PCOS is proven to help aid infertility caused by PCOS and it is a dream of mine to have a family, and for my own self confidence.

Lovely to meet you all! xx
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Caitlin, 19 from Scotland :)
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Martha - from Cornwall. 58yrs old and about 3 stone to lose!!! Doing it using MFP recommendations and walking more!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    Alice in Shoreditch, London.

Need to lose another 13 kg to get the upper cusp of healthy BMI. I like cooking and eating out, so do big cardio workouts to afford to eat more. I just zone out watching TV on the 4oD and iPlayer apps on the elliptical for an hour most days. My weights splits are loosely organized as push, pull and legs.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    North Yorkshire here :happy:
  • raeesa07
    raeesa07 Posts: 54
    Options
    Birmingham here:D
  • wolfie640
    wolfie640 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi , 49 divorced dad from Suffolk here....trying to put some ' meat ' on my bones!
  • Jason3589
    Jason3589 Posts: 734
    Options
    Hi Jason here, living in the North East. On here daily feel free to add. Warning though l can kick *kitten* lol
  • dmacca666
    dmacca666 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don, 34, from Norwich now residing on the wrong side of the border in Lowestoft.

After living to excess for best part of 20 years, have finally got addicted to something useful. The Gym and the Pool!

Looking to lose 3-4 stone and finally feel happy in my own skin! Bring it on.

Hello to all! :smile:
  • dearannna
    dearannna Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Anna, 33, and from Hampshire. I have a lot to lose and am just taking it one step at a time - lost about 30lb so far by cutting out sugar and going to the gym 3 times a week.
  • aemp93
    aemp93 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hi 'm Alex and I'm 20 from Stoke.
    Don't have a goal weight as such but I want to be fit and have a figure that I want to show off. I've already lost a bit of flab but want to lose a lot more and with a holiday booked for July, I've got 120 days to get a gorgeous beach body and to be able to wear a bikini without feeling self conscious :)
  • lazykes
    lazykes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Shaun from Bolton, 2nd time using the site and app, started in Jan, was 12st, now currently at 10st12lb, trying to bulk up now, doing karate twice a week. I'm 48 ans 5ft7".
    Hope you all reach your goals.
  • twinklemcgee
    twinklemcgee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Stacey, 26, Cambridge. So close to hitting my target now I can smell it! MFP has helped me loads.

Good luck everyone!
  • Elsapie93
    Elsapie93 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello! I'm Elsa, 21, from Portsmouth. Wanna lose 11lbs before my friends wedding in June, and just altogether be healthier!
    Good luck!