how much had you lost before people noticed

Options
13»

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm down 20 lbs. No one has noticed yet, except my husband, but noticing stuff like that is part of his husbandly duties.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The only people who noticed, noticed it after they hadn't seen me for 3+ months.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The more you have to lose, the longer it takes for people to notice. I don't think anyone noticed on me until I'd lost 40 or 50 pounds, (other than people who knew I was working on it). But then all of a sudden everyone started saying something. I think people wait until they are *sure*, because they don't want to call attention to your weight if they are wrong. Keep going...it'll happen.
  • Conscott84
    Conscott84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Around 8lbs but that's just because I posted a two week result pic on my FB. I lost a lot in my stomach. I am now -10lbs and ending week 3. I wish I lost in my face first! Lol
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I've lost 31 pounds and nobody's noticed :(. I think it may have something to do with the fact that I gained all that weight in a short period of time (pregnancy), so maybe they're just used to seeing me smaller and I just look normal to them now?
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My boss was the first person to notice, after about 14 pounds.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    It took about 25-30 pounds for me (starting weight was 192) before people started to mention it. They may have noticed earlier but perhaps felt awkward about saying anything. My best friend noticed earlier, but then she knew I was trying to lose weight, so maybe that doesn't really count.

ETA: Time of year can be a factor as well. It was early spring and I'd started wearing shorts, tees, etc, so then it's easier to see the weight loss than if you're all bundled up in heavy sweaters or layers with long johns, for example.
  • Camish911
    Camish911 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've lost 33 pounds and only a friend at work and a couple of people who knew that I'm actively trying to lose weight have noticed . .. or at least said anything. I've certainly noticed a difference in myself in that both my fat jeans AND my tight jeans now require a belt so I don't have to hold them up as I walk.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say once I got below the 200 mark, so about 20+/- pounds.
    Now that I am down 56 pounds (as of this morning :embarassed: ) people are always commenting on the weight loss.
    Funny some people think I look different and it has something to do with my hair. Its like they can't put their finger on the reason I look different or are embrassed to ask ... but its all ok.

It took me until I lost 45-50 pounds before I began to accept it.
    I'd look in the mirror and still see the 'fat' in my face. Not any more. I remember the day I looked in the mirror and saw
    'thin' for the first time. Priceless moment.