Quest bars. Am I the only one?

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I don't like them either.

Have a whole box of chocolate chip cookie dough bars sitting on my desk.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I've tried a number of them to see if there was a flavour I liked. Nope, I don't.
  • randomworries
    Options

if i give you my address, will you send them to me? ;D
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Quest Bar fanboy checking in.

So far I've only tried Double Chocolate Chunk, Cookies n' Cream, and White Chocolate Raspberry. CnC was released recently and didn't exactly live up to all the hype and raving everyone was giving it, but I absolutely love the other two, especially once you microwave them for ~18 seconds.

.......or maybe I just love food.

and I do.

I love everything.
    and I regret NOTHING
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options

if i give you my address, will you send them to me? ;D

...or me
    I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands for you.
    and also because my first online order from GNC got stolen -- the package arrived at my apartment when I wasn't home -_-
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    They may have the best ingredients ever, but if they don't work for you (for whatever reason) you're better of buying something that does.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I *like* them and nutritionally they're great, but they're REALLY good baked. Cut into 4 pieces, roll into cookie shape, bake in oven. They go all soft and cakey and delicious.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I agree that if you're looking for a delicious treat, quest bars are not it...but it's true you get the most bang for your (caloric) buck as far as protein than any other bars I've seen. Cliff builder bars are amazing tasting...but you pay for that same protein with 100 more calories. Most so called "protein" bars that taste like a chocolate bar contain much less protein and/or significantly more calories.

Chocolate brownie had the worst aftertaste of all the quest bars I've tried. So far, I like chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies and cream, chocolate peanut butter, apple pie. Oh and coconut cashew was great. Strawberry cheesecake was blah. Banana nut was ok.

I also like that it won't melt in the heat, like if I keep some in my car or go hiking. It will get soft (which makes the texture nicer) but there's no melty chocolate like with some of the more delicious candy bar style options.
  • redambition
    redambition Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    In between my last post here and now, I tried the Apple Pie flavour - ok, I can see myself eating that one again! Not fantastic, but tasty enough that eating it wasn't a chore.
  • eilemu
    eilemu Posts: 1
    Options
    I just ordered the cookies and cream ones from iherb. :happy: Never tried quest bars before, but hopefully I'm one of those that loves them :wink:
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    The flavors can really make a difference I find.

Cookies and Cream are the best I've tried. Loved them.

Raspberry White Chocolate was also very good - competes with CnC

Cookie Dough - I found it a bit too sweet and rich somehow.

Chocolate Chunk - Tastes kind of like a tootsie roll but I find a horrible aftertaste.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I bought a variety pack of 12 bars. I have two left and I can safely say I really liked them all. I prefer the all natural ones becuase they don't have the weird aftertaste that the regular ones seem to have. I am usually SUPER picky about protein bars. The only other ones I like are Luna Protein (mint chocolate chip and chocolate chip cookie dough only) and I ate one every day as a morning snack but wanted to try something different. Quest bars have definitely taken over! I'm ordering the all natural variety pack next.
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Quest has the most bang nutritional and macros wise. They also dont contain sugar alcohols that can upset a lot of stomachs and digestive tracts. Because it dont have sugar alcohols they arent as sweet. You could try others out there but beware sugar alcohols and calories. Quest has 20g of protein for under 200 calories for most flavors. Kind bars are good but no better than eating an over glorified granola bar at only 7 grams of protein at 200 calories. Also the GNC bars are a whopping 400 cals a bar for the regular ones and 190 for the lite ones. Also with the GNC I noticed that for the regular you do get 30g of protein but the lite goes down to 15g. Honestly its a preference and everyone is different. I personally tried the Atkins bars and although I liked them they ripped my stomach to shreds and made me nauseous after 2 days of consuming them. IMO most of the bars have a chemical taste but after doing this for over a year I dont notice the taste anymore, to me they are sweet and keep me from binging on the real thing.

Also, it's a protein bar. It's not going to taste like a Snickers.
    Some aren't very good, but I think the cookie dough and cookies and cream are the best flavors.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I have one every morning for breakfast heated up in the microwave for 20 seconds and the topped with a big old scoop of peanut butter. :love:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Yeah that double chocolate chunk one that everyone else loves tastes like fermented sweet n low to me. Gross. But, I love many of the others.
    Mmmmm that one is my favourite, and then cookie dough!

Banana nut muffin was the worst, like dried out banana chalk. Ugh.
  • will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    that don't like them?

I just wasted 20$ :/

They are different. I like the choc chip ones heated up. Didn't care at all for the newer cookies n creme one. I tried random others but if I bought more I'd definitely stick with the choc chip.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    The couple flavors I've tried were pretty nasty. If it were my only option I'd eat them, but not worth the $2 a piece they cost around here.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the flavors, either. I do eat them as an emergency meal/snack for the nutritional profile.

The two I like the most (read: they taste fine, I can see eating them regularly without dreading it, but I'm not going to be looking forward to them, either) are:

PB&J
    Lemon Cream Pie <-- shocked I like this one, and it's probably the best. Light lemon flavor, not sweet.

I'm also one that can taste the sea salt. The bars I had didn't seem to have it mixed in well, so I'd get a hit of salt now and again. Disconcerting.
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i think you have to be prepared for their almost tootsie roll or bit-o-honey kind of texture.
    quest bars are pretty much like protein taffy.

they are very dense, so i fold mine in half back and forth a bunch of times before i open it to separate the bar into two portions, and then i break off tiny pieces of one half to enjoy as an in-between-meals snack on the go.

i find that a beverage is a must when enjoying my half quest bar.

i dig the cashew coconut & the chocolate peanut butter the best.

=^x^=
  • stephenryan758
    stephenryan758 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love the White Chocolate Raspberry and the cookies and cream. Gonna pick up the chocolate Chip Cookie Dough next time I go to GNC. I have one per day for an afternoon snack after lunch so I make sure to meet my protein goals for the day.