Extremely Insecure And Self-Conscious

Options

Replies

• Polygontus
    Polygontus Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Don't feel like you should "snap out of it". If you are truly depressed, you cannot do that.

I know... :,(
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Know that you are not alone. We all struggle and we all break down from time to time. When I have those dark nights I try and pray and ask God for strength, courage and wisdom. I find I cannot handle it alone and need to turn it over to him.
  • Polygontus
    Options
    Know that you are not alone. We all struggle and we all break down from time to time. When I have those dark nights I try and pray and ask God for strength, courage and wisdom. I find I cannot handle it alone and need to turn it over to him.

I'm sorry... I do not share the same beliefs...

"I believe in science."
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    When I start poking at myself, I turn that finger around and point at the door. Exercise releases endorphin's that make you feel better. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't when you are depressed. At least I am not poking at myself while I am walking or at the gym. Also I don't feel guilty about not doing it.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Perhaps as you get older you will have experiences that will change your mind.

"I believe in science."
  • Polygontus
    Options
    Perhaps as you get older you will have experiences that will change your mind.

"I believe in science."

......................... No.
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    If i were you, i'd start reading "Feeling good: The New Mood therapy". It's a book based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (Google it!) and it has changed my life in a million ways. Just dont think and get your hands on it right away. You'll thank me.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you should see a psychotherapist or social worker. Psychiatrists are fine, but they usually specialize in the medication side. You need to talk to a professional that you trust and can be completely open with.
  • Dragonslayer183
    Dragonslayer183 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Stay strong sweetie, everything gets better with time. :flowerforyou:
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options
    When I start poking at myself, I turn that finger around and point at the door. Exercise releases endorphin's that make you feel better. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't when you are depressed. At least I am not poking at myself while I am walking or at the gym. Also I don't feel guilty about not doing it.

OP is underweight and is either suffering from disorered eating or is on the brink of it. I don't think advising to her exercise is really the best option. I know when I was extremely underweight back when I was a teenager (only for a short period of time) the only thing that caused me to "snap out of it" was a few months of consistent therapy, including one-on-one, family therapy, food therapy.. et cetera.
    It's about rebuilding the relationship with food and healthy thinking, not doing more such as working out to make the anxiety "go away".
    Feel free to message me if you ever want to talk to someone who's been in your shoes OP, but I'll warn you I'm not the type to sugarcoat anything, especially now being older and looking back at how stupid and burdening I was for those few months...
  • Polygontus
    Options

OP is underweight and is either suffering from disorered eating or is on the brink of it. I don't think advising to her exercise is really the best option. I know when I was extremely underweight back when I was a teenager (only for a short period of time) the only thing that caused me to "snap out of it" was a few months of consistent therapy, including one-on-one, family therapy, food therapy.. et cetera.
    It's about rebuilding the relationship with food and healthy thinking, not doing more such as working out to make the anxiety "go away".
    Feel free to message me if you ever want to talk to someone who's been in your shoes OP, but I'll warn you I'm not the type to sugarcoat anything, especially now being older and looking back at how stupid and burdening I was for those few months...

<3
  • jimmason20
    jimmason20 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think the first thing you need to do is talk to your family doctor. Not only for physical health tips but also for your mental well being. There are plenty of people here to help with your support but you have to be in the right frame of mind to tackle it! If you want my help I'll give ya all I got. We'll say **** the fat and take this **** head on!!!! It's gotta start with you though!!!!!!
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Time for therapy.
  • Nikkiash667
    Nikkiash667 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I agree with maybe seeing a therapist.
    Also, do not poke at yourself.
    Do not measure yourself but every couple of months. Don't become obsessed.
    And Also, please remember that when you look at yourself in the mirror, you are only seeing a 2-D image of yourself.
    This may blow your mind, but you do not look like the person in the mirror. We see each other the way you truly are.
    I am sure you have friends who think you are beautiful. Trust them, even though it can be hard.

My 16 yr old daughter who is a dancer, 5'4 and 120 lbs, talks about the little skin roll she gets when wearing her skinny jeans and she sits down. Its only skin! So remember some of that is just skin. Remember this too when you do start loosing.

Hugs darling!:happy:
  • Polygontus
    Options
    I agree with maybe seeing a therapist.
    Also, do not poke at yourself.
    Do not measure yourself but every couple of months. Don't become obsessed.
    And Also, please remember that when you look at yourself in the mirror, you are only seeing a 2-D image of yourself.
    This may blow your mind, but you do not look like the person in the mirror. We see each other the way you truly are.
    I am sure you have friends who think you are beautiful. Trust them, even though it can be hard.

My 16 yr old daughter who is a dancer, 5'4 and 120 lbs, talks about the little skin roll she gets when wearing her skinny jeans and she sits down. Its only skin! So remember some of that is just skin. Remember this too when you do start loosing.

Hugs darling!:happy:

It's turned into a habit. Poking at my hips, wrapping my hands around my wrist, stepping on the scale, measuring anything and everything.
    I think it's already become an obsession.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Get some professional help.
  • Polygontus
    Options
    Get some professional help.

Almost everyone is saying this and I have already stated that I am, it's just not working.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    How long have you been seeing the therapist? It takes time to make changes.
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Don't feel like you should "snap out of it". If you are truly depressed, you cannot do that.

I know... :,(

Well let me tell you this, just my experience.. I suffered from horrible depression when I was about 27. It lasted a year and half. Trust me when I say I sympathize with anyone who suffers from this, it is horrible. The docs had me on meds, I saw therapists, nothing really seemed to help. Then one day.. I thought to myself, hey i don't feel the way I usually do. It was so weird. I am here to say, I just snapped out of it, and to this day I have no idea how it happened. So I guess what I am saying, is there is hope, I am living proof of that. Things just seem to work themselves out.
  • Polygontus
    Options
    How long have you been seeing the therapist? It takes time to make changes.

Since January. So 2 months about.