Very Sad this morning

Options
13»

Replies

• marisol2066
    marisol2066 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Try to reflect on the awesome things you are going to with the next year of your life :D
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    happy belated birthday!

my birthdays always been a bit meh, my familys been forgetting my birthday since i was a little child infact i forgot my 22nd birthday, i only remembered in the evening when the date came up on the tv box
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday. I'm not sharing this in judgement, but sometimes it helps to have someone else say this.

It was shared with me when I was complaining about my husband sending me flowers to work on my birthday rather than give me something I would actually like (I actually don't like cut flowers). It was gently said even though it won't read that way. "… and so … you control the gift giving?" In other words he was showing he loved me, and that I needed to accept that the thought was my gift, rather than the gift itself.

Many people (myself included) feel that a birthday greeting sent on Facebook is the same as any other birthday greeting and feel loved that you have friends who will tell you happy birthday on Facebook.

I have to admit I'm a little jealous that your father calls you on your birthday. My father and I shared the same birthday, he passed away this year, and not once in my entire life did he tell me happy birthday. He could not use the excuse that he forgot … it was his. Yes I did call him and tell him happy birthday … even then he did tell me … he would say thank you.

It is okay to be sad and even disappointed, do that … then take a moment to be thankful you are loved.