protein problems!!!!

Options
MFP gives me 108 g of proteins per day ....how can i eat all these proteins ?? O.o

Im 18 years old and my parents dont want to buy me powder proteins ;(

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THIS PROTEIN BAR IS GOOD ??=)

INGREDIENTS : milk proteins, 16% dark chocolate coating (cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, emulsifier: soy lecithin (E322); aroma) glucose syrup, soy proteins, syrup fructose syrup, hydrolyzed collagen, moistening agent: glycerol (E422); vegetable fats, glucose, light cocoa powder, caramel, cocoa crisps (rice flour, corn grains, sugar, wheat grains, light cocoa powder, milk serum powder, salt), aroma, lyophilized egg white, thiamin hydrochloride (vit B1), riboflavin (vit. B2), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vit. B6), DL-alpha-tocopherol (vit. E), L-ascorbic acid (vit. C), calcium-D-panthotenate. May contain traces of shell fruit.

IT HAS GOT 16g of proteins and 18 g of carbs per bar :)

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Meat.
    100 grams of chicken has over 20 grams of protein in it.
  • fedup30
    fedup30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Try to fit protein into all your meals, and snacks. One of my favorite snacks is boiled eggs!
  • hazeljordan1974
    hazeljordan1974 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I posted a similar problem here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1199984-how-does-everyone-manage-to-eat-enough-protein

There are some really great ideas there! I have started adding 5g of Whey protein (original) to my milk for my cereal, having a protein shake most days and increasing fish and meat - I am hitting my 120g protein most days now.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    MFP gives me 108 g of proteins per day ....how can i eat all these proteins ?? O.o

Im 18 years old and my parents dont want to buy me powder proteins ;(

I feel the protein powder awkwardness too... My parents would look at me like I was crazy if I made a protein powder shake in front of them!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Eggs for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, steak for dinner, nuts, cheese, yoghurt for snacks.
  • Nickih4619093
    Nickih4619093 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I had/ am having the same problem! A can of tuna has 32g of protien for 170 cals, so that will help to get you closer to your goal if you like fish.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Dude, you're 18. You can buy protein powder yourself. There's nothing your parents can say against you buying it.
  • INSANITYsh
    INSANITYsh Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    the problem is that they dont want to see me drink powder proteins :(
    Should i eat 108 g of proteins a day ??
    i think they are a lot :(
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    Egg whites
    Meat (eat larger portions than you use to)
    Greek Yogurt
    Cottage cheese
    low fat cheeses
    Milk
    edamame (soy beans)
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    hemp seeds
    chia seeds
    peanut flour
    etc.

Yes eat 108 or preferably more. Unless you are 120lbs or less you should be getting more than that.
    @145lbs my aim is a minimum of 130 grams, I usually end the day with 120-160, but usually does include one shake at 30ish grams of protein.
  • drapleb
    drapleb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and string cheese are great snacks and high in protein. Those are my go to snack foods. They're also low in calories.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    MFPs default settings are usually quite low on protein - did you give it your owm mix of macros, or where did you come up with 108?
  • INSANITYsh
    Options
    Eggs
    Egg whites
    Meat (eat larger portions than you use to)
    Greek Yogurt
    Cottage cheese
    low fat cheeses
    Milk
    edamame (soy beans)
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    hemp seeds
    chia seeds
    peanut flour
    etc.

Yes eat 108 or preferably more. Unless you are 120lbs or less you should be getting more than that.
    @145lbs my aim is a minimum of 130 grams, I usually end the day with 120-160, but usually does include one shake at 30ish grams of protein.

i think is impossible for me o.O i will eat a lot during o.O
  • INSANITYsh
    Options
    I posted a similar problem here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1199984-how-does-everyone-manage-to-eat-enough-protein

There are some really great ideas there! I have started adding 5g of Whey protein (original) to my milk for my cereal, having a protein shake most days and increasing fish and meat - I am hitting my 120g protein most days now.

My parents dont let me to buy whey proteins ??=(
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Eat the sources listed, and if you still don't make it just buy protein yourself if you have money.

Not being bought for you isn't even bad, my mother once threw my Whey Protein out! and I didn't even live with her lol 'bulking compound' she called it!
  • almx00
    almx00 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I get about 120-150g of protein a day and have no problem fitting them in!

I get a high carb breakfast with about 20g protein (eggs,turkey,soy milk,yogurt)
    Snacks include greek yogurt or hummus with a form of veggie
    Lunch: chicken,TUNA*,turkey
    Dinner:usually salmon
  • Yazza2
    Yazza2 Posts: 31
    Options
    MEEEEEEEEEEAT

Eat lean meat.
  • INSANITYsh
    Options
    What will happend if i dont reach the daily proteins ??:)
  • INSANITYsh
    Options
    What will happend if i dont reach the daily proteins ??:)
  • bevtyndall
    bevtyndall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    it's hard for me to hit my target fpr protein as well.....106g....is what mine is set to and I rarely hit that.....however, I have no problem going over on my carb targets.....:(