I need some friends on here!

Options
I've been a "member" of MFP for quite some time, but have never had any friends and thus have never remained active. I'm 23 years old, 5'8" and nearly 300 lbs. I've tried many things over the years but I'm challenged by a literal addiction to fast food, and some sort of mental block from making any real healthy changes in my life.

Last Tuesday I think I might have finally made a real positive change. Starting last Tuesday I've been walking 1.5 miles a day every day on my lunch break instead of driving to McDonalds, and I get through the whole work day eating a carrot, some celery, or an apple. With these two changes combined, my net calorie intake is dramatically lower.

Anyway, I really want to keep this up! Please add me, help to make MFP something that will hold my attention so I can stay motivated and participate! I'm sure that if I have some sense of community here, I can make this a lasting lifestyle change.

Replies

• kncybul
    kncybul Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi, I'll add you. I'm sure you'll have plenty of more invites as well.
  • sumofRactions
    sumofRactions Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I just joined on here today so as of right now I've got 0 friends on here. Please feel free to add me, thanks! :)
  • idnac74
    idnac74 Posts: 71
    Options
    Hello, i will add you too. I am on here everyday and hope to offer motivation and support.
  • pilatesXOpixie
    pilatesXOpixie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!

I'm 23 as well, Just sent a request :happy:
    I hope being involved in this community helps give you the push you need to make lifestyle changes stick!!
  • Burstingintolife
    Burstingintolife Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Boom. Friend. Right here. ;) I'll send you a request. You are so much more likely to go further with a little support and seeing everyday people like yourself getting out there and kicking butt.
  • SpyridonGR
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Wow I never knew the MFP community was so active. I've got a handful of new friends already. Awesome! :D
  • Lupin2010
    Options
    Hi, I have just started really using this app. I also like to walk everyday with my dog. I follow Dr. Oz a lot he has a lot of good points. I hate the word diet, I always do good for a week or two then go back to my old habits. This time I have changed this. I am choosing to watch what I am putting into my Body. Lots of water is key also. And yes Mcdonalds is a no no lol. But if I'm dying. For something from there I get a Happy Meal and don't feel bad about it. I have joined Curves it's just for women and there is al shapes and sizes. Weight loss can be a slow process. But keep your chin up and keep trying you will feel a lot better. I watch my salt intake also.. Hope I have helped you a little and don't get discouraged if you have a bad day, get back on track the next day!!!
  • airika
    airika Posts: 6
    Options
    I'll add you. I just started getting active and would help keep you motivated if you do the same in return!
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm new, just started this week and I have a lot of weight to lose 100lbs+ and I'm here everyday and logging. That's great you are making positive changes and that will really help you towards your goals! What helps me when I crave fast food is I think to myself, sure its quick and easy, tastes good but it won't help me on the scale or make my clothes fit any looser. Mind over matter, a little willpower, and support from this site is helping me wonderfully. I'm hitting my daily calorie goals, working out 5 days per week, and drinking tons of water! Its tough but I can already feel my body adjusting to it and it feels amazing :)

If anyone would like to add me as well feel free!
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'll add you... and anyone else here is welcome to add me.
  • SpyridonGR
    Options
    I'm new, just started this week and I have a lot of weight to lose 100lbs+ and I'm here everyday and logging. That's great you are making positive changes and that will really help you towards your goals! What helps me when I crave fast food is I think to myself, sure its quick and easy, tastes good but it won't help me on the scale or make my clothes fit any looser. Mind over matter, a little willpower, and support from this site is helping me wonderfully. I'm hitting my daily calorie goals, working out 5 days per week, and drinking tons of water! Its tough but I can already feel my body adjusting to it and it feels amazing :)

If anyone would like to add me as well feel free!

I'm in the same boat, over 100 lbs to go. I know what you mean with the body adjusting, the first couple days last week I was so starving and it was agonizing to walk 1.5 miles. Now I hardly notice how much less I'm eating, and the walk is so easy!
  • keilee0408
    keilee0408 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi! I will add you also. And anyone else feel free to add me. I just recently started using mfp again. I am on daily. :)
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear! I'm doing 2 miles per day and I figure when that starts to get easy I will set my treadmill on an incline or attempt to jog for a few short bursts here and there. Another thing that helps me is I watch a show while walking and that really takes my mind off what I am doing. I use a tablet to watch netflix, or hulu, and some headphones ;)
  • AnnasGrammie
    AnnasGrammie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Glad to add you as a friend. Not sure I remember how to do it since it's been a long time since I've been on here regularly.
  • lyn_2013
    lyn_2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • twilaklasen
    twilaklasen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yay for MFP friends! I'm in!
  • amyroth77
    amyroth77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I requested to add you as a friend. This site is amazing for the amount of support it provides everyone. I agree that it's hard to stay motivated without a good support structure. So those nights I feel like eating my whole cabinet of junk food i get on here and ask for support or simply reading the posts from others distracts me and keeps me motivated to eat healthy.
  • greeneyegrly
    greeneyegrly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    it sucks when youre just starting out but the people i've friended are awesome and super supportive. Feel free to add me :)
  • LesleyL30
    LesleyL30 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You sound like me! I have been on here and fatsecret for several years and have very few friends also. I like to keep to myself but I need that daily support from others also. The first step is deciding to make a change, so way to go everyone!
  • Fizzgig168
    Fizzgig168 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for about two years now, and have only ever had friends on here that I knew IRL, but they always flake out and quit after a while. I'm really pushing to drop my last 10 pounds (I've lost 70 so far), and it's gotten mighty lonely being the only one on my news feed. I'll be happy to add you, and please feel free to reach out if you need motivation/advice :) Same goes for anyone else reading this thread. It'd be nice to feel like a part of the community on here.