I need some friends on here!

Options

Replies

• mslovelykj
    mslovelykj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm just really getting started myself. I just sent you a friend request. We could all use some support and encouragement as we strive towards our goals :-)
  • katethegreat1212
    katethegreat1212 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like to =)
  • JenRoblin
    JenRoblin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I have been in your shoes in the past and think I could be a great person to lean on. I have lost over 100 pounds and have kept it off for over 10 years, so I am sure I can give you the right encouragement :)
  • SpyridonGR
    Options
    Thanks again everyone, I never expected to get so many people responding and adding me as a friend!! The amount of weight some of you have lost and kept off is really inspirational for me, losing 100+ lbs seemed kind of unrealistic to me before, but now it sounds possible.

Those of you who have dropped drastic amounts of weight, how do you do it and how long did it take for you? As you might notice on my profile, I've seriously considered weight loss surgery. However, I would like do to anything I can to avoid surgery. I'm just sick of spending my best years in this cumbersome body.
  • Radmomdo91
    Radmomdo91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I add you man everybody needs a bit of support and friendship
  • hellykill
    hellykill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for new friends! :)
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I am not out to lose as much as you (I had 65 pounds to lose when i informally started Dec 21st by quitting drinking) I'm down 25 at this point and walking 7km (about 4 miles) a day. I have an addictive personality so I get the need to have something (In hte past year I quit my last 2 major vices Cigarettes and Alcohol) If you need the encouragement I'm happy to give it.
    At this point even without having lost all the weight (35-40 pounds to go) I feel better than I have in years
    You will too just stick with it, a point will come where it becomes easier
  • agnesguedes
    Options
    Please, add me guys. I've been on MFP for a while as well, but I only have one friend, which makes it harder to keep motivated. I've been overweight my whole life and it's been extremely difficult for me to lose weight.
  • ajalcazar84
    ajalcazar84 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!!
  • lkh1234
    lkh1234 Posts: 41
    Options
    Friend request sent !!
  • Moonwillowtree
    Options
    Looking for friends I need supporters to keep me motivated.
  • Sikketh
    Sikketh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've also been around the site for quite a while, and have been coming and going without seriously doing much. I was up to 260 pounds, and now I've been hovering around 250 until I recently got back in and got to 240. My goal is 180, and I've got a Spartan race to run in July that I'd like to build endurance and get in shape for.
  • cfclarey
    cfclarey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keep on going! You can do it! I will add you. :happy:
  • stevefisher4274
    stevefisher4274 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I too am new to mfp. One week in and I have found this community to be very supportive and encouraging. I am almost twice your age and need to lose 200 lbs. I have lost and regained that many times over but joining this site and using these tools and seeing so many wonderful people accomplish what I am trying to do, which is change my lifestyle has given me so much hope that I can achieve my goals. I will encourage you, if you promise to encourage me. And anyone else who needs or would like another friend, feel free to add me.
  • SolitudesMuse
    SolitudesMuse Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've sent OP and several others Friend Requests.

Anyone else is welcome to add me. :)
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    We have all looked for friends because friends are part of the success of MFP. Also, to keep up the motivation, make sure you make a point of reading success stories. Everyday, amazing losses are documented with pictures. A lot of people, have been in your shoes and have lost hundred of pounds. I am always excited at other success. 100 lbs. and they are unrecognizable! Heck 35 pounds makes a huge difference. These successful people like to share how they did it, so don't just make friends with those losing. Make friends with people who have succeeded, too.

I did want to say though that your food choices shouldn't be "all or nothing." Just because you are taking a walk and not having fast food for lunch, doesn't mean that you can't eat a decent, satisfying meal. If you keep to raw veggies alone, you will fail.

I eat out almost every dinner. I even eat some fast food. Steak'n'shake single burgers(plain) with grilled portabellos and a cup of veggie soup is a very low-cal meal. When I have the calories to spare, I even will do a double (plain) with portabellos, baked beans, and a salad with dressing on the side. (I never get cheese, or sauces, fries, or mildshakes). I eat also eat at Taco Bell and Arby's, too. If you really feel that you can't drive into a fast food restaurant without binging, then don't. But, it doesn't have to be eliminated if you can handle it. The main thing is you must plan ahead. Read restaurant websites or figure out in advance what you can eat at these places. (we are going for a birthday dinner at Longhorn tomorrow. I already have my breakfast and lunch planned so I can have what I want for dinner).

Why not pack a sandwich to go with those veggies at lunch.? The walk is a great idea. Now that the weather is nice, I do that, too. Otherwise, I walk at on the gym track and do stationary bike.

Glad you are asking for friends because they will help encourage, commiserate, and cheer for you! Good luck! You can do this!
  • Antoinette577
    Options
    Hi! I will add you also, since I am new to myfitnesspal and need friends too! :smile:
  • jessicastinson94
    Options
    Hey Antionette! I'm starting this fitness journey as well. Would love to give and receive some support from others traveling through this season of their life as well. :-)
  • kirstenflood
    kirstenflood Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    hey im in the same boat i need friends too! ill add you :)
  • livingfortheone
    livingfortheone Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    anyone is always free to add me!