Condiments on chicken breast?

I'm curious what other people use as a condiment for their chicken breast. I used to eat it alone, but I find it harder to eat it alone the more and more I do. So what do you all use? What do you consider healthy? BBQ sauce? Salsa? A1 steak sauce?

Replies

• AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    I feel exactly the same. After eating it multiple times, it gets pretty boring. I've tried ketchup, but, really, that makes me sick, and isn't exactly healthy. BBQ sauce has been something I've tried too, but it makes me sick too. Lately I've been putting an ounce of cheese on it. Changing it from cheddar to pepper jack. Comes out really nice, and hides if the chicken is too dry. :D Lol.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Sriracha
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    My new favorite is hummus. I cut a breast into strips (butterflied or cutlets would work just as well), smear with hummus, perhaps sprinkle on some parmesan cheese, and bake in the oven 425 for about 15 minutes (depends on thickness of chicken, of course). I cannot get enough of it.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    eat what you like on it - or try marinating it and cook it on a foreman grill (or something like that) so it doesn't get too dry.

or check out some slowcooker recipes then you could do a couple days worth of meals at one time

you could also toss it in a stir fry - it usually stays moist that way
  • huck23
    huck23 Posts: 116 Member
    mustard give it some time though
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Green salsa!
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    I'm a big fan of chilli so if I am grilling/pan frying in a non stock pan I will coat in chilli flakes. I also use various other herbs/spices to mix it up (like Tuscan seasoning, garlic salt, buffalo wing seasoning).

If you have the time I find the tastiest thing to do is marinate. I have a mixture of soya sauce, marmalade, ketchup, wostishire and oyster sauce I go to most of the time (sounds gross but all together DELICIOUS!). Otherwise there are some pretty tasty and low cal store bought marinades you can buy.
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Sriracha

or this! My favourite condiment of them all!
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    I like it with a bit of fat free Italian dressing in my salad ... Or stir-fried with mushrooms and green beans (had that tonight, yum) ... It's amazing on a George Foreman grill after marinating in lemon juice with some rosemary and thyme ... change up the seasoning to a touch of cayenne pepper and garlic for a spicy change.. I don't use any condiments on it like bbq, ketchup, or other sauce besides the Italian. I just alter the way I cook it for a different flavor.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Olde Cape Cod Toasted Sesame Soy & Ginger dressing...my new favorite dipping sauce for grilled or plain chicken.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    buffalo wild wing sauces, light ranch, bbq, yakiniku sauce, pico de gallo, pizza sauce
  • GhoulMango
    GhoulMango Posts: 10 Member
    I make a creamy mustard sauce. Mix a bit of cream and mustard together, sprinkle in a bit of lemon pepper. It'd absolutely delicious on green beans too :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I did it with taco seasoning and salsa tonight, tomorrow it will be bbq. depends on how many calories I have left...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I have a few different marinades that I use
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    1. stir-fry it with lots of veges and serve with rice
    2. sliced chicken, mushrooms, olives and jar of bolognese sauce and serve with pasta

quick and delicious
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    This is a good buffalo marinade:

1 tsp cayenne
    1/2 tsp celery seed
    2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
    1-2 Tbsp olive oil (opt)
    Some garlic powder or 2 cloves minced

I usually marinade a bunch if chicken breast at once (in a couple of dif marinades) cook, and freeze in individual portions. It's easy to grab what ever flavor will work best for different meals.
  • Erinelda
    Erinelda Posts: 96
    I use tex mex seasoning and it tastes like tacos. I also like lemon and pepper. You could also put in in things instead of eating a hunk of meat. Like mock chicken "fried" rice made with brown rice, egg and veggies etc.

Oh and sriracha.
  • Auntzeus
    Auntzeus Posts: 5
    Have an easy good recipe for lemon garlic chicken in the crockpot, also white chicken chili,chicken con arroz burritos...sweet and spicy chicken w/ red peppers.... I could go on and on
  • suuta
    suuta Posts: 23 Member
    I have a new favorite: pound it flat, and roll it around a filling made of spinach, fresh basil, feta cheese and garlic. Insert into slow cooker and cover with diced tomatoes, then cook for 6 hours... when you get home from work: Yummmmmm.

My mom puts a thin layer of mayo on her chicken breast with a bit of paprika and bakes it. The mayo keeps it from drying out and gives it a slight sweetness. I think she got the recipe from a really old weight watchers book.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    I mix 1 cup of fat free yogurt with 2 tbsp dried mint, garlic powder and a diced jalapeno or cayenne pepper.... This goes well on rice too. ..