Replies

• klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Italian dressing!! yum!!
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I use the chicken to help the taste of my veggies.. (A little chicken in with the salad, or on the fork with green beans or spinach) If nothing else I use Franks Red Hot or Kickin' Chicken seasoning. I've started buying those grilled frozen breast fillets and I love their taste alone..
  • stefsc1
    stefsc1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I mostly use a lot of herbs on mine for flavor, but teriyaki sauce has also been a favorite go-to.
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm curious what other people use as a condiment for their chicken breast. I used to eat it alone, but I find it harder to eat it alone the more and more I do. So what do you all use? What do you consider healthy? BBQ sauce? Salsa? A1 steak sauce?

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/22342/portuguese+chicken+wraps

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/33157/portuguese+chicken+with+rice

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/25902/chicken+burgers+with+avocado+salsa

also you can eat your chicken breast in almost everything you desire SO LONG that you count that macros on that condiment, spices, herbs, etc. you are going to use.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Country Bob's!
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Herbs and spices.

Here is one of my favorites from Pioneer Woman Cooks Chicken Tortilla Soup:
    2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
    1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
    1-1/2 teaspoon Cumin
    1 teaspoon Chili Powder
    1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
    1/2 teaspoon Salt
    1 Tablespoon Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix cumin, chili pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on chicken breasts, then sprinkle a small amount of spice mix on both sides. Set aside the rest of the spice mix.

Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is done. Use two forks to shred chicken. Set aside.
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms dressings are good with lots of lettuce and a little tomato.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Salsa all day e'er day.
  • mandi272
    mandi272 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use a pinch of butter with flaxseed and Mrs dash!! Moist and yummy!!
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Avocado and chilli sauce.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    As it's going in the oven I sprinkle on Rosemary, Tarragon, Parsley and some fresh ground pepper and a small pinch of kosher salt. Sometimes I add a light dash of Tarragon infused olive oil on in place of the herb.
    In my opinion Tarragon goes with everything, I think it's one of the few spices/herbs that tastes exactly like it smells and I love it!
  • jcast92
    jcast92 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    If I'm really struggling, I'll eat it with mustard, tomato, spinach, and bread. So good in an open-faced sandwich!!

However, usually I'll just season it with chicken parmesan seasoning or marinate it overnight with fresh orange juice and garlic, then the flavor doesn't need accompaniment.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm curious what other people use as a condiment for their chicken breast. I used to eat it alone, but I find it harder to eat it alone the more and more I do. So what do you all use? What do you consider healthy? BBQ sauce? Salsa? A1 steak sauce?

Soak it in sriracha sauce and cook on the stove top. Super spicy and yummy.
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Spicy brown mustard. Yum!
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    My way is pretty boring, but sometimes I add a little squeezed lemon.
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I just lather it in spices. Chili, curry, paprika, pebber, oregano etc. Delicious!
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Don't know where you live but in Scotland we have Maggis so juicy range. They have one that is just a bit of cooking paper impregnated with herbs and you wrap it round the chicken and fry it in the frying pan (with no oil). It cooks in its own juices so is really tender and tastes amazing. I'm having it tonight :smile:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,623 Member
    Options
    Salsa verde, ginger and scallion pesto.
  • labtech666
    labtech666 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I spread the top of the chicken breast with pesto (green or red) before baking.
  • KLiburd86
    KLiburd86 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I spread the top of the chicken breast with pesto (green or red) before baking.

Was just going to suggest this, except with a bit of low fat mozzarella as well :smile: