I don't over-eat too much and I workout..

Options

Replies

• karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I feel like I need to repeat this for everyone: it says I am often OVER but I do NOT always log my workouts because when it says I am WAY over, it encourages me not to eat.

Anyway, thanks everyone, I changed my goal to 1260.
  • karmahunger
    Options
    Also, I just drank a lot of beer over the weekend...not the best week to post this I guess.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    First of all, go get checked. You might have thyroid problems or some other health issue that interrupts weight loss.

Invest your money in a food scale (with grams and ounces) before you invest money on getting your thyroid checked. The percentage of the population to whom this applies is VERY VERY tiny and most likely not you.
  • firelight4321
    firelight4321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Cereal, vanilla milk, yogurt... Check the labels on these as they are likely sugary.

Yesterday there are 6 tbsps of frosting.
    Saturday there are two big reese's cups & chocolate fudge cake.

Just for starters...
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Just curious...
    You mentioned that you weren't a "french-fry vegetarian" so I'm guessing that means you see French-fries as unhealthy... how is 6 tsps of frosting, peanut butter cups, doritos, fudge cake, nachos, beer (a 3000+ calorie day), more doritos, more beer, quick add calories, (a 2,200+ day), a 2400+ day ... ok, I stopped clicking back at that point. How are these choices somehow healthier than "french-fry vegetarians"?

You know exactly why you aren't losing weight. Look at your diary, be honest with yourself. Start weighing your food and eat less.

ETA: There was nothing wrong with the goal you already had set. It was that you continually went over it that caused your weight not to come off. Changing it to 1260 is not going to resolve that until you take an honest look at what you have been eating.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I feel like I need to repeat this for everyone: it says I am often OVER but I do NOT always log my workouts because when it says I am WAY over, it encourages me not to eat.

Anyway, thanks everyone, I changed my goal to 1260.

You are having issues at your higher goal and you think lowering is going to make it better?
  • karmahunger
    Options
    OMG PEOPLE I ATE OVER THE WEEKEND BECAUSE I WAS DRUNK. Sorry but the way you guys are going about this is just rude, I know over-ate but I was talking about IN GENERAL. Jesus **** christ.
  • firelight4321
    Options
    If this was true then you would be meeting your current goal... Try to stick to what you've already set for yourself. Changing the limit won't fix the problem. You have to make better choices every day. Always log your workouts. You may not be burning as much as you think you are.
  • karmahunger
    Options
    ALRIGHTY. Well, thanks to the people who did help, and cheerio to the ones who did not.
  • karmahunger
    Options
    Yoltwag: it is so sexist to tell someone to "man up", regardless of gender.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    OMG PEOPLE I ATE OVER THE WEEKEND BECAUSE I WAS DRUNK. Sorry but the way you guys are going about this is just rude, I know over-ate but I was talking about IN GENERAL. Jesus **** christ.

In general, you need to get a food scale to see if you are really eating as much as you think you are.

Another thing, rely more on measurements. Due to water retention, food intake etc - the scale can be unreliable. Weight loss isn't linear and it can take 4-6 weeks for your body to adjust to any changes in calorie intake and exercise routine changes.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Not one person here was rude to you.
  • firelight4321
    Options

What about during the week when you were eating 1800 calories a day? Don't cheat yourself by making excuses. If you really want to lose weight, accept that you will simply need to lower your intake and watch what you eat...
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Yoltwag: it is so sexist to tell someone to "man up", regardless of gender.

I think you are just finding ways to get butthurt. I think you need to take a step back, breathe, and realize there is a lot of good advice being given to you regardless of the tone you are imagining it being said in.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    OP:
    You have received some great advice. Relax. Listen. Learn.
  • karmahunger
    Options
    I am listening to the advice, anyway, this thread is over. Thank you and good bye.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    And rage quit.