Help! I can't seem to get enough protein.

Options
13»

Replies

• aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

im on the default i guess setting, 30% protein, 30% fat 40% carb.

I know most days im usually eating at 50% or more from carb- so I am gonna ride with this trying to meet 130g of protein for a few weeks and then try in crease from there. Small changes over time work well for me! it doesnt feel so unobtainable!
    [/quote]130 grams is probably more than sufficient. Generally the rec is 1 gram per pound of lean body mass. I go for total body mass, but that's just me.
    [/quote]

I have no idea what my lean body mass even is!
  • dreams4sale
    Options
    Lean, high quality "lunch meat." Im not talking prepackaged stuff in the fridge section thats cut an pressed to shape. Boar's Head is a good brand but most things you get in the deli at your local grocery store are better than prepackaged. I usually get roast beef or chicken or turkey. All protein and low cal. Also, seafood, or imitation crab meat. Eating smaller portions of carbs with your proteins helps too. Put 6 oz of meat on a sandwich instead of 4, eat 50 more grams of chicken with dinner and less rice, etc.

My personal opinion; Protein shakes and bars are cool, but I try to supplement my diet with them, not eat them all the time, because they are a supplement, and are meant to be used as...a supplement lol, to an already balanced diet. They're not supposed to be a cure-all for a lack of the small bit of effort it takes to eat protein from natural sources. There are days when I can't take meat with me or just have a woeful lack of protein, and I usually have a protein bar of sorts to boost it. But I try not to make a habit of it.