Ask me any weight loss question (certified)

Options
13»

Replies

• thebradzter
    Options
    Yup I know. To clear that up everyone that reads this... it is your TDEE... DO NOT subtract calories from your BMR.

That is not what I was trying to get across.
    You don't do it permanently. Only until you lose the weight and then you increase the calories and eating a couple hundred under is fine for a weight loss goals or you will forever stay the same.
    Sorry I should mention 500 is a bit high for lower calorie targets. Females should set to 300 especially if you are short.

Yea, the thing is....I know you have all those certificates, and I'm just a regular guy, but I don't think anyone should ever be eating below their BMR/RMR.
    Welcome! Thanks for answering questions.

However,in order to create a calorie deficit, they need to cut a percentage from their TDEE- total daily energy expenditure.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Sorry that some people have nothing better to do then to be *kitten* holes. If your willing to answer one ? for me, please inbox me if not, its ok. Have a good night.
    No they are not. The original poster did not provide correct information and was called on it. Nothing wrong with that, we all make mistakes.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Yup I know. To clear that up everyone that reads this... it is your TDEE... DO NOT subtract calories from your BMR.

That is not what I was trying to get across.
    You don't do it permanently. Only until you lose the weight and then you increase the calories and eating a couple hundred under is fine for a weight loss goals or you will forever stay the same.
    Sorry I should mention 500 is a bit high for lower calorie targets. Females should set to 300 especially if you are short.

Yea, the thing is....I know you have all those certificates, and I'm just a regular guy, but I don't think anyone should ever be eating below their BMR/RMR.
    Welcome! Thanks for answering questions.

However,in order to create a calorie deficit, they need to cut a percentage from their TDEE- total daily energy expenditure.
    Thank for clearing that up. I did not see the prior replies before posting.
  • thebradzter
    Options
    I was just thinking faster than I can type, its a problem at times haha.
  • lavender_fairie
    lavender_fairie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You helped me! Thanks OP. :)

This was the coolest thread I've seen since I found the stickies.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I have a master's degree in English. If I offered to correct someone's essay and clean up the errors, I would expect to be called out if I made a mistake. I would own it and learn from it.
  • itsnojokeanymore
    Options
    YES WELL U HELPED ME-SO THANKS
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I have a master's degree in English. If I offered to correct someone's essay and clean up the errors, I would expect to be called out if I made a mistake. I would own it and learn from it.

He ALREADY did.
  • itsnojokeanymore
    Options
    i have respect for u for taking time out ur day to answer questions
  • thebradzter
    Options
    Yep I''ll apologise again.

To confirm again..
    Subtract calories from TDEE target and not your BMR. I'd hate for someone to take away bad advice from this thread.

To the last few replies... Thanks for the positive words guys it means alot!! If anyone still has a question PM me and i'll answer it today/tomorrow when I have some more time.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

You weren't called out because I was being a prick, but you were suggesting something considered by most as unsafe. It was obvious to me what you meant but that doesn't mean it was clear to everyone. Especially not the ones asking you questions as they are most likely pretty new to all this based on their questions. Frankly, their safety is more important than your feelings.
  • thebradzter
    Options
    Noted and in hindsight can see where you are coming from. Thanks mate. I just took it as a personal attack and that was my bad.

You weren't called out because I was being a prick, but you were suggesting something considered by most as unsafe. It was obvious to me what you meant but that doesn't mean it was clear to everyone. Especially not the ones asking you questions as they are most likely pretty new to all this based on their questions. Frankly, their safety is more important than your feelings.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Also, checked out your blog. Great work. You've came a long way. Great job.
  • thebradzter
    Options
    Thanks man much appreciated! Your profile pic, you look solid man well done!
    Also, checked out your blog. Great work. You've came a long way. Great job.