Salad Dressing??

Options
lacar60299
lacar60299 Posts: 52 Member
I'm not a big salad eater, but I've learned to like it more and more since I started on MFP. What are some of your favorite dressings? I've been eating Ken's Creamy Caesar with Roasted Garlic, but it's not a "light" dressing, and the calories and fat are way too high. What are your go-to dressings?

TIA!

Replies

• Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Zesty Italian Fat Free dressing. I think its 10 or 15 calories every 2 tbsp.
  • trishthedish04
    Options
    Walden Farms, it's a brand that has zero everything. 0 calories, 0 carbs.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Balsamic Vinaigrette, Newmans Own is my go to brand.
  • ramsx1991
    ramsx1991 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love fresh lemon juice over a salad with some pepper.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have a low calorie creamy caesar! It's Bolthouse Farms Caesar Parmigiano yogurt dressing. It's delicious, and only 45cal every 2 tablespoons. I only use one tablespoon, and it is more than enough. I highly recommend it, it's fairly cheap and you can get it at Kroger.
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar has nothing in it and I love the tang!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options

^^^^this. They have some good flavors.
  • Dolorese4560
    Dolorese4560 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

How are their products? I've placed an order for a few of their calorie free items on Vitacost.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Renee's Mighty Caesar - so creamy and full of garlic!
    Otherwise I use Tzatziki on everything!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I use half Ken's buttermilk ranch and half fat free zesty italian. It reduces the cals to 98 from 180 for 2 tablespoons and is still creamy and delicious. I actually like it better this way. I also like doing 1tb ranch, with 1-2 tablespoons of guacamole, salsa, or both. Also truly delicious and changes up your salad.

I tried this with half Ken's light italian with basil and romano but it was disappointing.

The other go to is a bit of the italian, a bit of olive oil, lots of vinegar and/or lemon, with herbs.
  • bassclef19
    bassclef19 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i like making my own.
    Vinegar, olive oil, garlic clove, red onion, salt, pepper. yum.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning sprinkled over the salad with vinegar (white, apple, or rice). 0 calories and very satisfying!
  • Betty_Rubble
    Betty_Rubble Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Kraft makes a whole bunch of tasty dressings that I love. I marinated with them also: Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic, Sun Dried Tomato, Balsamic, Tuscan House Italian, Poppy Seed, Red Wine Vinaigrette....
    Sometimes I make my own too - balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, Italian spices, pepper... delish!
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm really loving the Bolthouse Farms Ginger Miso Vinaigrette on my kale salads right now, and it's only 45 calories for 30g which is like 2 tablespoons. I've heard the ranch and other flavors are also very good and all low cal. They are found in the refrigerated produce section.
    I just can't wrap my head around the Walden Farms 0 calorie stuff. How is that possible without it being something completely unnatural?
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Ken's light creamy Caesar and Kens light honey mustard. :) Fan of Kens lol

The light Caesar is 70 cals per serving and is plenty! On occasion I use light french. I have also made my own using light Mayo, FF ital dressing, one equal (or less depending on if I am making more than one serving), vinegar, garlic powder, pepper & salt.
  • jess_the_snail
    Options
    Newmann's Own Light Caesar Vinaigrette. It's so delicious!
  • junnipr
    junnipr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i make my own sometimes(which i learned from a friend of mine): 1/2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive oil, 1 Tbsp balsamic Vinegar, andhalf cup of Blueberries
    add everything into a blender and ready!! i divide that in two portions. each portions is 50 cals aprox.
    pd, you can add some salt and pepper
  • thatismesammyg
    thatismesammyg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love Brianna's dressings, particularly the chipotle cheddar flavor. Two tbsp is 110 cal and since it's got a kick you won't want any more than that (and I put it on 4 cups of lettuce).
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Ken's italian dressing. 2 tbsp is 150 cal though. Yikes!
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I use Kraft Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette (2Tbs/25cal) or Kraft Fat Free Zesty Italian (2Tbs/15cal)

I love Ranch but wow - not worth it, lol.