Options
1235»

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

lolwat

:laugh:

it's pretty much true. You can't live without fat or protein, but you can live without carbs. Maybe it's not optimal, but you can do it.

Considering carbs are the body's preferred source of energy, and the fact that those sugars fuel your brain.... Your body needs carbs.

:noway: The body burns Glucose first because it wants that *kitten* out your system (just joking - but its not the bodys preferred fuel).

Granted, a quick google search shows that fat may be the primary preferred fuel source, but carbs aren't something your body doesn't need.

Carbs are NOT a necessity. Look at any medical journal. Fat and protein are the only necessities.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

lolwat

it's pretty much true. You can't live without fat or protein, but you can live without carbs. Maybe it's not optimal, but you can do it.

Considering carbs are the body's preferred source of energy, and the fact that those sugars fuel your brain.... Your body needs carbs.

Human body does NOT need carbs. ZERO.

Gluconeogenesis is a metabolic pathway that results in the generation of glucose from non-carbohydrate sources such as fat.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    The currently established human essential nutrients are water, energy, amino acids (histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, and valine), essential fatty acids (linoleic and α-linolenic acids), vitamins (ascorbic acid, vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6, pantothenic acid, folic acid, biotin, and vitamin B-12), minerals (calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and iron), trace minerals (zinc, copper, manganese, iodine, selenium, molybdenum, and chromium), electrolytes (sodium, potassium, and chloride), and ultratrace minerals (4). (Note the absence of specific carbohydrates from this list.)

The theoretical minimal level of carbohydrate (CHO) intake is zero, but CHO is a universal fuel for all cells, the cheapest source of dietary energy, and also the source of plant fiber.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/75/5/951.2.full

Theoretically speaking.

Carbs are pushed because they are cheaper than fats and meats. Plain and simple.

Grains are pushed because the government is in bed with the likes of Monsanto, Dupont, Cargill and other Big AG, hence the reason the amount of grains "recommended" in the food pyramid crap keeps going up and up.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

lolwat

:noway: The body burns Glucose first because it wants that *kitten* out your system (just joking - but its not the bodys preferred fuel).

Granted, a quick google search shows that fat may be the primary preferred fuel source, but carbs aren't something your body doesn't need.

Carbs are NOT a necessity. Look at any medical journal. Fat and protein are the only necessities.

Not a necessity is a far cry from CARBS IZ POISON, isn't it?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    The currently established human essential nutrients are water, energy, amino acids (histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, and valine), essential fatty acids (linoleic and α-linolenic acids), vitamins (ascorbic acid, vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6, pantothenic acid, folic acid, biotin, and vitamin B-12), minerals (calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and iron), trace minerals (zinc, copper, manganese, iodine, selenium, molybdenum, and chromium), electrolytes (sodium, potassium, and chloride), and ultratrace minerals (4). (Note the absence of specific carbohydrates from this list.)

The theoretical minimal level of carbohydrate (CHO) intake is zero, but CHO is a universal fuel for all cells, the cheapest source of dietary energy, and also the source of plant fiber.

Theoretically speaking.

Carbs are pushed because they are cheaper than fats and meats. Plain and simple.

Grains are pushed because the government is in bed with the likes of Monsanto, Dupont, Cargill and other Big AG, hence the reason the amount of grains "recommended" in the food pyramid crap keeps going up and up.

Here we go...

You do know that most grains produced in the US are for livestock, right?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Theoretically speaking.

Here we go...

You do know that most grains produced in the US are for livestock, right?

Why are we poisoning our livestock?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Lulz.

Ain't no hangry like keto hangry.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Keto has cravings under control

We just angry.
  • swaggityswagbag
    swaggityswagbag Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Everyone in this thread acting like giving up carbs is dangerous...smh.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Everyone in this thread acting like giving up carbs is dangerous...smh.

I find it hard to believe that any person can have a diet containing no carbs, unless you're completely carnivore.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    I'm a carnivore. But I still eat some grass to clear the fur balls.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    good luck with that OP …

I am Italian and I am never giving up carbs…I heard they revoke your Italian card for stuff like this…

is there a specific reason, besides lent, that you are doing this? Just curious..
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I will still continue to eat the "good carbs" that are in most fruits and veggies! So I guess there will still be a little carb intake.

LOL at "good carbs"….

sigh, MFP threads..where every food has to be "bad" or "good" ….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I am doing, "No to all sugar products." for the next 40 days to see if I can make it a HABIT.

There has got to be a way to say no to those products and live with fresh fruits as desserts or between meal snacks.

:bigsmile:

You do know there is sugar in that fruit, right?

I was thinking the same thing...
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    Wait, so you're giving up carbs for Lent... but you're not supposed to eat meat on Fridays...

Damn girl, are you doing it Jesus in the desert style?

But didn't Jesus eat bread and drink wine. Aren't those carbs?

He didn't eat bread and drink wine during the 40 days in the desert.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh my.....:noway:
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Charlottesometimes23 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    As a pastafarian I doubt I could give up carbs.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    Wait, so you're giving up carbs for Lent... but you're not supposed to eat meat on Fridays...

Damn girl, are you doing it Jesus in the desert style?

But didn't Jesus eat bread and drink wine. Aren't those carbs?

He didn't eat bread and drink wine during the 40 days in the desert.

I though he manufactured them as opposed to eating and drinking them?