Healthy Indian recipe!! Only 300 cals for a HUGE serving!

Options

Replies

• Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • Amymahari
    Options
    ohh i like this...thank you!! :)
  • yolohunter
    yolohunter Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump :) thanks- it sounds delicious!
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    bump
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Copied and shared in my Google Drive! Thanks!
    I also recommend looking into Bangladeshi recipes too. All the great flavors of Indian, without the ghee and cream.
  • Spartan_1_1_7
    Spartan_1_1_7 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • banshee78
    banshee78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just made this, I used I tin chickpeas, 2 chicken breasts, 2 big peppers and mushrooms came in at 200 a serving, it was gorgeous
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!

I have some friends from Nepal that taught me how to cook. I make several dishes. Will have to check this out
  • angelzxy321
    angelzxy321 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Great recipe! Bumping.
  • Mrsrawsoul
    Mrsrawsoul Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yinaely
    yinaely Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • seashell709
    seashell709 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump!
    ]
    sounds good
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    YAY i buy a packaged version cuz im too scared to ruin another dish with curry! THANKS!:drinker:
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I need this in my life and diary! Especially love that it's already meat-free! \o/ Chickpeas are the greatest.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Save recipe
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Wish there was a way to pin this D: oh well. Thank you!
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Okay, so anyone who likes Indian food knows that it is a) delicious and b) filled with coconut milk, ghee, cream, and oil. I love a nice warm, creamy Indian stew and have been working on this for awhile to get it right. If anyone is familiar with butter chicken or butter channa (chickpeas) (called chicken/channa makhni at some places), this is my healthified version! Makhni sauce is tomato-based but usually made with a ton of cream and ghee. I totally removed the cream and ghee from this recipe and replaced it with fat-free plain yogurt (regular, not Greek) - it is just as creamy but saves a LOT of calories. Plus the spices make it so flavorful that you really don't miss the fattiness.

Thanks for sharing. I'm thinking about trying this with lentils in lieu of chickpeas and with sautéed spinach as a side.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    That's just sorted lunches for next week, nom nom nom.
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Just made this last night, with a slight variation: I basically cut the recipe in half and substituted chicken for half of the chickpeas, so I ended up with about 10-12 oz of chicken and one can of chickpeas. Everything else, I cut in half. It was delicious!! I just had one problem. I used fat free Greek yogurt, and while the flavor was great, it kind of separated in the pan. I took it off the heat before adding it, but it was still hot. I'm wondering if it was because its was Greek yogurt, or if was still too hot to add the yogurt when I did. Though it didn't look pretty, it still tasted great. I added a couple tablespoons of sour cream to see if it did the same thing, and it didn't. Does anyone have any tips to prevent that from happening? I may just use sour cream in place of the yogurt, or I may try it with regular yogurt instead of Greek. Either way, delicious dish! Definitely worth a try! Thanks for the idea, OP!! :flowerforyou:
  • 30secondstome2013
    30secondstome2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump