5ft6 ladies?

Options

Replies

• FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" At my heaviest weight I was 225 and where I began my journey years ago. 2 years ago i took myself a little too far and got down to 121 which was just not a good place for my body. I was freezing cold all the time, had no period, and the weight was hard to maintain. I gained a lot of weight back after being too low which was frustrating. I got back up to 154 pounds last year. I think I look my best between 125-130. My goal is 125 before going to maintenence so that I can stay under the 130's as I eat at maintenence calories.
  • swtmint667
    swtmint667 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies new to MFP here, I am 5'6 and 147 pounds... I want to say medium frame but I'm not sure might be small because I look on the smaller side depsite being almost 150 pounds. I have no portruding bones though, I'd say I'm nicely coated in a layer of fat with bones hiding somewhere in there. I'm a size 8/medium in most pants. My goal weight is somewhere between 125-130.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm thinking around 155. When I was in high school, I weighed between 135-140 and was very skinny. I don't think those numbers are even possible for me now that I have hips, boobs, butt, etc. I'm just shaped differently.

ETA: I would say I am medium-large frame, leaning more towards medium.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Interesting how some people, at the same height, didn't have periods when they were 120+. I got pregnant on accident when I was 110-115 and have never not had a period!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    In high school I was 135lbs and wore a size 10...

In my early 20's I was 158 and a size 8...

I am 42 and weigh 164 and wear a size 7....

Ideal weight...eh...I care about BF%
  • JamieMommy1985
    JamieMommy1985 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 with a medium frame but I would say large frame in the hips area. I currently weigh 155 lbs but my goal is 138lbs. I was my goal weight before I had my son and was a size 4/6.
  • RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 25. Just lowered my goal weight from 135lbs to 130lbs
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    At 5'6'' and 32 years old, am 151 +/- depending on the day, and have gained 10 lbs since starting with heavy weights, so size 8 stayed steady as the scale went up,but things are much more firm... If i went to 145 i would be happy but no lower...
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    5'6'' here and I find that anything in the 130's is a good weight for my body type.
  • CaitMcKenzie13
    CaitMcKenzie13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5 1/4", CW is 188. I spent a lot of my late 20s and early 30s (36 now) at around 155, which at the time seemed awful to me, but I'd love to be back there now. I'm a classic yo-yo dieter. My GW in the past has always been 130, but the couple of times I've actually gotten there, I'm not satisfied and want to lose another 10 lbs.

So my realistic goal is maybe 145, my secretly hopeful goal is 135, and my super secret I'd be so happy I couldn't stand it goal is 125. Or to put it another way, size 10 (US) would be good, size 8 would be great, and size 6 would be AMAZING.

This sounds EXACTLY like me, CW and everything! I would love love LOVE to be back at 130, but would still be quite happy with 145. :)
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You can't go by "scale" weight. It really is meaningless. I am not trying to be mean but realistic. I'm 5'7 33" inseam (close to 5'6) At 26% body fat I weighed 145 lbs and wore a size 14. At 17% body fat and quite tone I wore a size 6. I also weighed 145 lbs.

Medium frame, broad shoulders. (never petite)
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    5'6'' here and I find that anything in the 130's is a good weight for my body type.

I am 5'5.5" and my name is Josie too! I am think that the 140's is my sweet spot.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    In high school I was 135lbs and wore a size 10...

In my early 20's I was 158 and a size 8...

I am 42 and weigh 164 and wear a size 7....

Ideal weight...eh...I care about BF%

what she said :)
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This is tough because it matters what your body composition is. I'm 5'5.5" (husband says 5'6" lol) and I'm 131 right now. I've been 125 (size 2) but everyone told me I was too skinny. I go between 130-140 and am pretty happy here (size 4/6). I also look better at 130 than I did at 125 because of weightlifting.

The thing about being taller is that your hips get in the way of getting into too small of a size. I looked emaciated at size 2 because my pelvic bones were sticking out. At the point where your bones are sticking out and you still think you are too big, you have unreal expectations. So yea I like 130-140 and fit rather than lower and skinny.

So...at 130-140 you are super lucky to wear 4/6. You must have a lot more muscle then I do. I am 5'6", just under 140 now and medium build, but I am still in size 12. Not complaining as it is a big difference from the 16/18 I was in, but I don't think I will ever be a 4/6. I am jealous...
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    My ideal weight for me would be back down to 120-140lbs. It is what i felt most comfortable being around that weight and it is the weight that is healthy for me as well. everyone is different though.
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    I'm 5'6'', and looked "too thin" at 115 lbs. I think anywhere 120-135 still looks good :)
  • FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Interesting how some people, at the same height, didn't have periods when they were 120+. I got pregnant on accident when I was 110-115 and have never not had a period!

My lack of a period was probably more related to being in a calorie deficit for such a long period of time. Although at 121 people did feel I was too thin. I was doing a lot of modeling at the time and even photographers who knew me back then think I had gone too far and have been pleased to see me take more a direction towards fitness modeling. But plenty of people can be 5'7" and lighter than 121 and be fine. I think for me, I naturally carry so much muscle mass from years of sports so now rather than fighting against the grain of what my body want to do I am embracing it and letting it take me a new direction with my career.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    This is tough because it matters what your body composition is. I'm 5'5.5" (husband says 5'6" lol) and I'm 131 right now. I've been 125 (size 2) but everyone told me I was too skinny. I go between 130-140 and am pretty happy here (size 4/6). I also look better at 130 than I did at 125 because of weightlifting.

The thing about being taller is that your hips get in the way of getting into too small of a size. I looked emaciated at size 2 because my pelvic bones were sticking out. At the point where your bones are sticking out and you still think you are too big, you have unreal expectations. So yea I like 130-140 and fit rather than lower and skinny.

So...at 130-140 you are super lucky to wear 4/6. You must have a lot more muscle then I do. I am 5'6", just under 140 now and medium build, but I am still in size 12. Not complaining as it is a big difference from the 16/18 I was in, but I don't think I will ever be a 4/6. I am jealous...

That's why a lot of us don't care about weight...it's more BF%...it's Muscle mass.

I can wear a size 6...it's tight but I have bought some for my 158-160 mark (actually have worn a 6 when I was 161 a couple weeks ago before vacation)

Lifting weights does that...eating enough protien while lifting does that.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and my CW is 168 but I would like to get down to 145 pounds. My ultimate goal is to fit in a single digit pant size!!

Same here! LOL...although, I"m 44:laugh: The lowest I've been was 156, but looking back...I didn't have the muscle I do now. I"d love to see the 140's. Heck...I"d be thrilled to get out of the 160's!! I was told by a trainer that my goal /could/should be 136. Eh...maybe. Seems kinda low for me. Ultimate goal...145 :happy:
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5" with a goal weight of around 115lbs. Small frame, no children, and 34 years old. It's an adult weight when I was fittest and had the most energy. Currently 142 and tired.