Best Protein Powder

Options
13»

Replies

• BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard All Natural Whey.....love the chocolate, vanilla is also good :-)
  • jkregers
    jkregers Posts: 15
    Options
    Use isolates if you are just taking protein post-workout. Most proteins nowadays are combination proteins (egg, milk, whey isolate/concentrate), and they rock.

Whoever suggested Visalus is hilarious. Visalus is the most overpriced junk you could buy. Why do they not sell it in supplement stores? It wouldn't sell when it is next to a protein that has 20 more servings, tastes better, has a better amino acid profile, better protein sources, and about 18g more protein per serving....oh, and costs less. Shakeology is junk too.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    This >
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey

Right now is leading protein powder,

How does one rate a protein powder ?

- Mix-ability
    - Flavor
    - Nutritional Profile

As for flavors hands down the best is "extreme milk chocolate " and going in a close second is mocha

Most supplements are BS but if you are going to spend money DONT SKIM ON WHEY PROTEIN

Yes, something like Body fortress or Six Starr ranks pretty low in all of those categories.

I've tried many protein powders, and they all taste awful to me, but some less awful than others. I don't concern myself with hydrolyzed whey protein isolates; Optimum Nutrition has the best protein powders for the price. I assume some people who want their carbs low or who are lactose intolerant to want a whey protein isolate to reduce lactose.

"ISO-100 uses only whey proteins derived from cross-flow microfiltration processing (cold-filtered) to preserve the many important whey protein fractions including lactoferrin and immunoglobins, which can be lost in other forms of processing."

According to Will Brinks, protein powders that use microfiltration processing (cold-filtered) are the best.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    If you have a taste for coconut, I am enjoying ON's Choc-Coconut and often mixing it with Silk Almond - Coconut milk (and other times just plain water). The Silk is just for added Cocount flavor - nothing against regular milk, etc. I have a taste for coconut, obviously :love:
  • Jrk_fitness
    Jrk_fitness Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey

Right now is leading protein powder,

How does one rate a protein powder ?

- Mix-ability
    - Flavor
    - Nutritional Profile

As for flavors hands down the best is "extreme milk chocolate " and going in a close second is mocha

Most supplements are BS but if you are going to spend money DONT SKIM ON WHEY PROTEIN

Pretty much this and everyone else who said ON. They have awesome flavours!

These two brands are hella expensive is South Africa due to shipment and our bad exchange rate....pay like R2000 ($200) for a months supply....**** that
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey extreme milk chocolate. I mix with water and it's like chocolate milk, mixes well, and tastes good. I mixed it with milk today for the first time and it was overly rich and sweet. I'll stick with water mix.
  • Viking1122
    Options
    Today I had orange creamsicle by v-core vantage. It was incredible! So much better then the usual chocolate or vanilla. With just water it was just as tasty as the real deal. I bet milk would make it even better. Really very good. If you dislike protein shakes this is a good bet. Also, complete nutrition is giving away samples for free...

And!

Just as many grams of protein as any good powder (25g per scoop).
  • iDrix
    iDrix Posts: 21
    Options
    ON GOLD WHEY is the best but expensive as hell for me. Go for it if you can afford it, if not search online like me for a deal for MUTANT WHEY, I got a great deal for a 10lbs bag. A GREAT ONE!
  • BillyJan1992
    BillyJan1992 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    whey protein chocolate and or strawberry or muscle milk
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Muscletech-chocolate phase 8
    Nature's best- ISO 100 cookies & cream
    Myofushion - Peanut butter cookie dough
    Cellucor- corfetti cake
    Giant sports - chocolate-banana
  • iDrix
    iDrix Posts: 21
    Options
    Muscletech-chocolate phase 8
    Nature's best- ISO 100 cookies & cream
    Myofushion - Peanut butter cookie dough
    Cellucor- corfetti cake
    Giant sports - chocolate-banana

*getting on one knee* - WILL YOU MARRY ME? x_x
  • kapoorpk
    kapoorpk Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Nature's made Isopure zero carb protein powder either in cookies and cream or strawberries and cream is the best. No to very low fat, cholesterol, sugar, etc. Just pure high quality pure whey protein. Check it out. Good luck!