PCOS Success stories...

Really want to hear some really good weightloss stories from women who have PCOS. As someone who has it and knowing how difficult it is to lose weight with it, I could really use some light at the end of my tunnel...:frown:

Replies

• orangeskiesinlove
    orangeskiesinlove Posts: 49 Member
    I have POCS too, and trying to lose weight was hard untill I cut down my carbs :) Then the weight dropped off, 11lbs so far :D
    And the pain has lessened a little, still growing hair in some strange places but hoping in time with more weight loss that will resolve itself! Ahaha, I would like to hear sucess storys too :)
  • lauramblair
    lauramblair Posts: 74 Member
    I have PCOS and I'm down 39 pounds! :)
  • orangeskiesinlove
    orangeskiesinlove Posts: 49 Member
    I have PCOS and I'm down 39 pounds! :)

Go you! :D That's amazing!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Hi. I have PCOS and started 9 months ago on this workout journey. I lost most of my 46 lbs (fluctuates -/+ 4 lb) in my first 2 months. 3rd month lost 6 lbs and then about 3 lbs per month after. 6 & 7 & 8 month I lost NOTHING. I have lost 25+ inches overall and my symptoms of migraines, high blood pressure (is lower but still working to contain) , anemia, endless menstrual bleeding , and crazy facial hair growth is diminished. I feel healthy.

My best advice is just eat healthier, and workout . Get some for of activity everyday. The scale is not your friend. Judge it from the way you feel. I have lost this amount but I feel like a new person.

I only did cardio the first 9 months (now starting weights). I could only do that due to a tumor I had removed from hand . I had a bad ankle, I was depressed, and just tired. Add all the symptoms together, I hated to work out -trust me. I just did it. I did it everyday. It wasn't easy. I would wake up at 5 am to go to the gym. I basically did it without thinking. I would just wake up and put my gym clothes on and run out. By the time I realized it was early and I was tired, I was already at the gym. I felt great after though. Just ready to tackle my day. Day in day out I did it and before I knew it, if I DIDNT work out-I felt tired, sad, and guilty.

First picture is of me about 6 month progress:
    dykitc.jpg

This one says on it. lol :
    303dztf.jpg
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    I have PCOS and Type 2 Diabetes. Down almost 60 lbs. in 135 days.
  • kmr72
    kmr72 Posts: 24 Member
    Diagnosed with PCOS in July of last year. Made an effort to lose weight January 21. Lost 14 lbs from January 21 to Feb 21. I stay in induction level. I was also diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in Oct. of last year. Atkins induction is not for every one. But it works for me.
  • lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    At my job we put the patients on 100 carbs or less per day and 30 min of walking everyday.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    huge difference...congratulations
  • cjen323
    cjen323 Posts: 20 Member
    Hello all...this is my 2nd week, I lost approx. 5 pounds the first week, but am extremely disappointed the scale has not moved this week. I went to the Dr. last Fri, and she told me I may have PCOS. I have the symptoms but How does one get diagnosed for PCOS? I did lab work on Monday and she will give me results soon, However I do know I have high cholesterol, borderline low Thyroid and waiting on Hormone levels. I can't imagine staying at this weight and even gaining more,,,I am about to turn 42...and need to loose all the weight I've gained in the last 7 yrs (which is a lot...approx. 85 pounds) So far I've done a lot of reading on foods to eat and avoid to help with PCOS and loose weight. I have applied a lot in the short 2 weeks. I've read lots of success stories even while struggling people do succeed in loosing weight, BUT I have to admit I'm terrified this is it for me....even if I eat right and exercise I will remain this way and maybe even gain more. I just cant see myself this way forever.
  • whyhelloheart
    whyhelloheart Posts: 82 Member
    I've been diagnosed with PCOS since I was 18, so we're talkin' 6 years now, and I have lost 87 pounds :)
  • leachjg
    leachjg Posts: 63 Member
    I've lost 59 lbs in two years. I am not on medication as my sugar levels are normal, but all other levels are off. I do take BC. I started using Chromium in late August. It is a mineral vital to blood sugar. I did it on my own for two years and two weeks ago joined crossfit. I do know circuit training is great for a PCOS body. I basically do my best to eat good healthly food most of the time. No planned cheat days because of life they come on their own. Some months I lose a lot some not at all. It is very normal for "us" to only lose weight two weeks out of the month the week of and after our period. That comes from the doctor. Trust the system. I told myself that for a long time.
  • TwinMamma09
    TwinMamma09 Posts: 140
    I have PCOS. It took fertility treatments to conceive my twin daughters. I was later put on bed rest for the last 4 months of my pregnancy. I had a long road to change my body after I was done nursing the twins.

I'm 5'4 and under 125lbs.

Lower carbs, although I love them dearly, and HIT workouts was what it took for me. Now I am trying to get into lifting heavier to gain more shape.

PCOS is rough but it doesn't have to stop you from your goals. The lighter I am, my PCOS is almost not detectable. ;)
  • cjen323
    cjen323 Posts: 20 Member
    Thank you Whyhelloheart, Leachjg, and TwinMamma
  • lj5109
    lj5109 Posts: 81 Member
    I was diagnosed when I was 17. I am currently on metformin and bc. I've lost 33 pounds in the past few months!
  • BillyJan1992
    BillyJan1992 Posts: 171 Member
    what exactly is this??? I have never heard of this before
  • lj5109
    lj5109 Posts: 81 Member
    Poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Its basically a hormonal imbalance in women that affects their reproductive organs, metabolism, and more.
  • I have PCOS and I'm down 50 pounds. It's taken me 6 months.
    I have been eating around 1200 calories a day and excercising, mainly focusing on weight training.

I wish I had of taken a before photo!

Best of luck to you, you can do this! :)
  • I have PCOS. In 2003 I lost 6 stone (84lbs) on Weight Watchers. Unfortunately, two children later I've put half of that back on so I'm having another go at weight loss. You can lose weight, it's hard but it's possible.

I generally follow a Low GI diet and limit carbs where I can, I've found this and calorie restriction works - think smaller portions.

Maintaining is the hardest thing to do, with PCOS you always have to watch what you eat, better to accept that straight away. With MFP you have all the tools you need. Good luck.
  • DogLoverLiz
    DogLoverLiz Posts: 25 Member
    You guys are all my inspiration! I have PCOS as well and have been struggling a lot with it. I've only lost about 5 pounds in the past two months, but have just a week or so ago decided to cut out almost all carbs. I'm glad that some of you said that's what worked. I can't take BC pills because the hormones make me super depressed, and the spironolactone made me really tired and unable to focus in class so I am currently on no medication. I'm going to keep up with this thread for when I'm feeling frustrated! Thanks for sharing your success :)
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    I have PCOS and was diagnosed at the age of 13. I have struggled with weight like many of you and also binge eating/emotional eating (which I've been told many ladies with PCOS do). Insofar I've lost 64 pounds and am eating modified Paleo. I eat 100 g of carbs a day (I count the carbs in fruits and vegetables too). 1-2 times a week 1 spike to 150-200 g of carbs for my sanity.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!