Lol, I has to finish my workout XD
    -snugggs Jules-
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

11:40PM right now.
    Getting ready to go back out the door.

Wow...I think it's time for bed...I totally read that wrong :laugh:
    Bed? What's that? I'm loaded on coffee haha.
    I'll sleep as soon as I burn it off. :flowerforyou:
    Edit: (I slept all day, by the way LOL).
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    This thread is officially off the rails.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Is getting sun burn harmful and potentially dangerous? Yes.

Is excessive sun likely to prematurely age your skin? Yes.

Is a moderate tan, gained slowly and without burning harmful? No.

Should people with a very fair skin type take more precautions than someone with skin that tans easily? Yes.

This any amount of sun is harmful, wear sunscreen all year round band-wagon has got ridiculous, no wonder so many people are vitamin D deficient...

(Aged 54 and not turned into a leather couch just yet.)
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Is getting sun burn harmful and potentially dangerous? Yes.

Is excessive sun likely to prematurely age your skin? Yes.

Is a moderate tan, gained slowly and without burning harmful? No.

Should people with a very fair skin type take more precautions than someone with skin that tans easily? Yes.

This any amount of sun is harmful, wear sunscreen all year round band-wagon has got ridiculous, no wonder so many people are vitamin D deficient...

(Aged 54 and not turned into a leather couch just yet.)
    Damn. 54. I had to check profile just to be sure.
    Great and sound advice and your skin looks great!
  • tryingtoshed
    tryingtoshed Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Do it! Wear some spf, and don't lay out for hours. Be smart about it--it's all about moderation (like eating and exercising!)
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    try out melanotan

/thread
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    at least tanning beds you can control how much you do, you get sunburnt and it's worse. to be honest i've only used tanning beds if I'm going to go somewhere hot and know that i'm going to get sunburnt, so if I go with some base done already it's better. But i tan easily so might be irrelevant.

this has made me thing of sunny places to go on holiday now :(
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Do it! Wear some spf, and don't lay out for hours. Be smart about it--it's all about moderation (like eating and exercising!)
    Oh yeah and dont layer yourself with olive oil :)
  • CometMeebru
    CometMeebru Posts: 122
    Options
    I like to maintain a caramel color year round.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Pale skin is beautiful, too. As is black skin and, well, blue skin. Not sure about green skin, though.</specieist>
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Good luck whatever you choose. If you have pale skin like me, you might end up with cancer if you sun tan. You might not, there are a lot of factors that will determine your outcome.

I had my first cancer cut out of my face when i was about 23. The next when I was 26. I was young enough that the tiny stitches healed well and although they scarred, it's not a big deal unless you look for it.
    I'm in Australia, we have a lot of skin cancer. My parents were careful, always had sunscreen and hats on me as a kid.

It is not the same as having an overfull, distended stomach - as another person stated.

Do what you will, knowing the risks. I would get a fake tan if I wanted a different tinted skin.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I've used tanning beds in the past but a couple of months ago I had a mole go "funny". I had to have a biopsy and the week I had to wait for the results was the worst week ever! I was so worried.

Honestly at the end of the day it's up to you. What we say on here probably won't sway your decision. All I will say is PLEASE read up on the risks and make sure you are well informed. I was amazed at how much more at risk of skin cancer you are by using these things. I had no idea they were so bad and certainly won't even be using them again and taking much more care in the sun.
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Tanning not only causes cancer (this has been prove many, many times.) but also wrinkles.
    I'll take my chances looking pasty and young, thanks.

THIS!

I'm pale but GODDAMNIT I look young!
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Pale skin is beautiful, too. As is black skin and, well, blue skin. Not sure about green skin, though.</specieist>

The blue family from Kentucky appreciates your support. :wink:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPrWkZaTZC7OsjcJgg8Fu2eBc3Y2A4T5moa-oAiRcgwluLQwUp
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I bought an airbrush. I'll tan that way. I prefer to be tan too, but I already had one skin cancer removed from my nose. I still am outside all the time, but I use sunscreen now. Not the baby oil I used to use.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I think it would be a mistake not to tan. Your life will improve by about 2% according to my calculations.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I haven't read other peoples remarks, but as a white chick (the majority of us) who tan DO NOT age well. Unless of course you have a good amount of play money to fix what you've messed up. I'm almost 32 and most of the people I went to HS with tanned like crazy and look like they are in their 40's. I do like the look of having a sun tan glow, but I slather on the SPF to preserve what I have left. You have beautiful skin and in my opinion you should keep it this way. I just have issues with aging and looking old.
    PS. My friend has an organic spray tan salon and the tans do not look orange, but they only last 5-6 days at best.