Vegitarians

Options
HikerRR50
HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
I just don't understand some vegetarians.... if you don't eat meat because it's killing an animal....did it occur to them that the animals that are farmed for the byproducts eventually die and have crappy lives for the most part? wth is the difference

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    The plants are alive, too. Getting torn to shreds and being nommed.

I nom both. Because yes.
  • HikerRR50
    Options
    The plants are alive, too. Getting torn to shreds and being nommed.

I nom both. Because yes.

Except for Kale....I'm not sure that was ever alive or is any way some sort of food....hate it bleh
  • HunterKiller_deleted
    Options
    I hear the cries of the carrots!
  • Chillyfrog
    Chillyfrog Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I hate vegetables (except lettuce) so I'll take the meat and leave the green stuff to the non-hunters.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Yes, the egg and dairy industry are just as horrific as the meat industry, that's why I'm vegan.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

I DON'T LIKE THEM!!! LET THEM CRYYYY!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't eat meat because I'm picky as hell and just don't like it. I eat fish though.

Poor fishies. Swimming around all happy...
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Tomorrow is the harvest day, but for them...
  • Brack3t
    Brack3t Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian on and off (mostly on) since I was around 12 years old. I am a picky eater and do not like the taste or texture of meat.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand some vegetarians.... if you don't eat meat because it's killing an animal....did it occur to them that the animals that are farmed for the byproducts eventually die and have crappy lives for the most part? wth is the difference

I'm no vegetarian, but I think they probably don't like the fact that animals are being farmed and live crappy lives.

It's not for me, but I respect that they're standing up for something they believe in.
    Thank you.

I just don't understand some meat eaters who are so concerned with what others eat and their reasons. Maybe you, OP, need to find something more interesting to do with your own life.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    "I'm bi-vegetarian.

Vegetarianism for me is about saying yes to things... even meat."
  • 80sFanatic88
    80sFanatic88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, but I really don't care about the animals being killed, that's how it's been since forever. What hasn't been around forever is factory farming. Until they stop injecting hormones and creating harmful bacteria in foods for humans who consume them, I won't eat meat. I'm not going to die over a hamburger.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for 16 years. It is a personal choice that I don't force on anyone else. My husband and children eat meat. I believe in the freedom to make your own choices about what you eat. Live and let live.

IMHO I believe humans are given the right by God to eat meat. The problem I have is the conditions the animals are raised in and the methods used to kill them. If it was like it was on Old MacDonald's farm I would have never stopped eating meat. I also don't wear leather/fur and am very selective about my milk and eggs.
  • HikerRR50
    Options

I'm no vegetarian, but I think they probably don't like the fact that animals are being farmed and live crappy lives.

It's not for me, but I respect that they're standing up for something they believe in.
    Thank you.

I just don't understand some meat eaters who are so concerned with what others eat and their reasons. Maybe you, OP, need to find something more interesting to do with your own life.

Just throwing my cunfusion on the subject into a post ...I'm sure with your ultra busy life with 13k plus posts you would understand voicing opinion.

spelling errors aside my point is if you eat animal bi products you might as well eat the rest. The animal is treated the same way. just my opinion.

Vegan I can understand the logic though I just don't agree but at least it makes sense.

Vegetarian that doesn't eat meat for texture or digestion issues ...okay I can see that logic
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    My question would be, why do you care what someone else eats let alone why they eat it, unless they are trying to get you to follow suit, or putting you down for your own choices?

Edited to add: If it means more steak, bacon, and chicken wings for me - who am i to disagree?
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

Thank you.

I think he meant..

If you don't eat meat because you are opposed to killing animals or the cruelty farmed animals can be subjected to, why do you still consume animal biproducts as those are also farmed from some of the same animals that are subjected to the same cruelty...basically why not be vegan..

However, I agree with rml...why concern yourself with what others are eating. rml is VEGETARIAN ( I corrected that for you) and I eat meat..we gets along just fine chief.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    You can measure an animal's mortality by it's proximity to my BBQ.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My question would be, why do you care what someone else eats let alone why they eat it, unless they are trying to get you to follow suit, or putting you down for your own choices?

QFT! :flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Vegan I can understand the logic though I just don't agree but at least it makes sense.

Vegetarian that doesn't eat meat for texture or digestion issues ...okay I can see that logic
    It's a good thing I don't need your permission or care if you understand why I do what I do or eat what I eat. :flowerforyou:

How do you "disagree" with being a vegan? Is this something that people have an opinion on? I mean, I get having an opinion on whether YOU should be vegan, but not having an opinion on whether someone else should be a vegan. Where's the logic in that?

As for my 13K posts, I've been here a lot longer than you have and I often have slow periods during the day at work and this place keeps me from being bored by that. Outside of work hours, you will rarely see me here. In short, I have enough going on in my life that I don't feel the need to question people about their eating habits that have no effect on me whatsoever.