short people problems and tall people problems!

Options
ChristinaOrtiz23
ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
short people problems and tall people problems! who has it worse? and why? I'm a short friend and i have a very tall friend and we were going back and forth with who has it worse! What do you think?

I say short people have it worse

1. Bottom of our pants gets soak when it rains.
2. People think your head is an armrest.
3. Cooking becomes a workout because you have to climb the counters to get stuff
4. You buy a crop shirt and ends up being a regular shirt!
5. The back of the freezer and uncharted territory!

Replies

• ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options
    1zg5951.jpg
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    You know what I hate about being short? Having to climb stuff to reach things that are up high. It's ridiculous.
  • abbylbrown23
    abbylbrown23 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    short people problems and tall people problems! who has it worse? and why? I'm a short friend and i have a very tall friend and we were going back and forth with who has it worse! What do you think?

3. Cooking becomes a workout because you have to climb the counters to get stuff

1. Atleast you have bottom of pants, regular pants are capris on tall people! For example I tried on ankle pants sooo cute right, yea they came to half way up my calves!!
    2. Neck stiffness from having to look down to people.
    3. Once again neck and back issues from hunching down to cook!
    4. Regular shirt is a crop shirt on tall women
    5. The bottom drawers of the fridge have things growing mold, I am not bending down that far to clean!! :bigsmile:
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options

1. Atleast you have bottom of pants, regular pants are capris on tall people! For example I tried on ankle pants sooo cute right, yea they came to half way up my calves!!
    5. The bottom drawers of the fridge have things growing mold, I am not bending down that far to clean!! :bigsmile:

omg lol how tall are you abby. Too funny!!
  • abbylbrown23
    Options

omg lol how tall are you abby. Too funny!!

LOL only 5'11"
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    It's much easier to cut off and hem pants than it is to add length...
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options

oh buuuuuurnnnnn :embarassed:
  • abbylbrown23
    Options

AMEN!!! I try telling my short friends this all the time!
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    All sports cars are too small
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I am not super tall, 5'8" but I can definitely relate to some of the tall people problems!

The way pants and jeans were made before like 2005 (especially plus sizes), I could NOT find any that came down far enough to hide my socks. Embarrassing. My ex husband was average to short for a man, and would always tease me about my "high waters"! Then magically that problem went away though when super long pants with heels became a thing.

To this day I have issues with long sleeve shirts being 3/4 length sleeves on me. Out of all the long sleeve tops I own, I think like 4 of them actually come to my wrist. This problem's getting even worse now that I'm out of plus and into misses sizing. My winter coat doesn't really even come close to covering my wrists :-/

If I hug a shorter woman, man, or kid, my boobs are pretty much in their face. Especially if I'm wearing any kind of taller shoe with a heel. This can be major AWK.

Old ladies of shorter stature in the supermarket or PetSmart always ask me to lift things from high shelves for them. Like, monthly this happens. I don't consider it a problem though.

Mostly I like being 'tall' but maybe I'd have more issues with it if I were truly tall like 5'10, 6', etc. Being 5'8" it was pretty easy to find guys my height or taller to date. I did date some shorter guys and not against that! But I admit to being glad my husband's much taller ;-)
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    5'11" 36.5 inch inseam

I cant just walk in and buy pants in any old store

I cant wave my magic wand and create extra material at the bottom of pants where short people can hem.
  • FrankieFrench1
    FrankieFrench1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Being a 5'10 tall female I find it impossible to find things that fit my arm length and girls tshirts never fit my body length! Same with jeans, so basically clothes in General are a pain.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    My civic is perfect height for me, but I can barely see over the steering wheel in some vehicles, I discovered this the last time I had to rent one. My 4'11 mom has to sit on a cushion not matter what car she's in :P
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I am not super tall, 5'8" but I can definitely relate to some of the tall people problems!

The way pants and jeans were made before like 2005 (especially plus sizes), I could NOT find any that came down far enough to hide my socks. Embarrassing. My ex husband was average to short for a man, and would always tease me about my "high waters"! Then magically that problem went away though when super long pants with heels became a thing.

To this day I have issues with long sleeve shirts being 3/4 length sleeves on me. Out of all the long sleeve tops I own, I think like 4 of them actually come to my wrist. This problem's getting even worse now that I'm out of plus and into misses sizing. My winter coat doesn't really even come close to covering my wrists :-/

If I hug a shorter woman, man, or kid, my boobs are pretty much in their face. Especially if I'm wearing any kind of taller shoe with a heel. This can be major AWK.

Old ladies of shorter stature in the supermarket or PetSmart always ask me to lift things from high shelves for them. Like, monthly this happens. I don't consider it a problem though.

Mostly I like being 'tall' but maybe I'd have more issues with it if I were truly tall like 5'10, 6', etc. Being 5'8" it was pretty easy to find guys my height or taller to date. I did date some shorter guys and not against that! But I admit to being glad my husband's much taller ;-)

Lol I love that! I have a 6'1 friend (I'm 5'3) and it's a recurring joke of ours that I'm the perfect height for motorboating...
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    If this is a couple you're talking about 69 ends up being 68 with an iou
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't think being short is much of a problem. Only that all furniture is made for someone taller than me and sometimes I actually worsen injuries and structural issues I have from not being able to sit in a way that is healthy for my body. That's the only one I can think of that presents a genuine problem.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

Truth.

Also, I keep busy at the grocery store because people see me and think, "Hey, a tall person! I'll ask her to reach all this stuff I can't reach myself." :tongue:
  • FemmeFatale83
    Options
    Hmmmm, maybe short people do have it worse lol but if it helps, with tall people, everyone can always see up their noses, they look ridiculous in photos, and have a hard time finding other tall people to date, especially women. Oh and the hemming pants vs adding length thing too.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    My civic is perfect height for me, but I can barely see over the steering wheel in some vehicles, I discovered this the last time I had to rent one. My 4'11 mom has to sit on a cushion not matter what car she's in :P

Yes, not fitting in a car is an issue and honestly I just stopped driving and walk and take the train. Most of my injuries were from car accidents anyway (as a passenger and pedestrian).
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Old Navy, Gap, Eddie Bauer all make tops for "tall". It's awesome.

Also I have a really nice pea coat that came in a "tall" from Victoria's Secret.

(But I'm also not that tall, only 5'9" but I guess I have long limbs.)