Man loses 56 pounds eating McD's

Options
Siege_Tank
Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
http://www.today.com/health/man-loses-56-pounds-after-eating-only-mcdonalds-six-months-2D79329158

:noway:

I suppose he's like that twinkie diet guy, trying to prove that calories are *indeed* calories?

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    As high calorie as those Mickey D's are.. I feel bad for him!
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    I'm sure he is in perfect health! Super size me anyone?
    I'm saying b/c I ate one of the "Value meal" burgers a while back, think it was 550 cals?!
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    The salads and wraps aren't that bad nutrition and calorie wise. But 6 months?! naaaahhhh I'm good.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    One way to do a cleanse...
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Bahahahahahaha
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options

You mean a human bottle rocket. Has anyone seen the South Park episode with the asian food giant crap bono episode?
  • Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If I were only to eat McDonald's for six months I'd probably lose a lot too. Mostly by losing the will to eat.
  • bermudamel
    bermudamel Posts: 212
    Options
    ouch my heart hurts LOL
  • zzonked
    zzonked Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I'm very dubious about that movie because Morgan Spurlock refuses to release the diary of what he actually ate. I seem to remember people calculating that he must have been eating a lot more than he claimed to gain the amount of weight he did.

Eating McDonalds every day is not healthy by any means, you will miss out on a lot of micronutrients. That said, macronutrients are 10x more important in my opinion. I think it might be psychological if you feel bad every time you eat McDonalds. I ate some tonight as part of a balanced weekly diet and feel perfect.
  • wannaBrunnner81
    wannaBrunnner81 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    yeah yeah yeah and the virgin Mary appears to orphans in France, lots of crazy unexplainable **** happens hahahaha
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My thought exactly! I lost 12 pounds after a bout of food poisoning last month…I can easily imagine losing 56 pounds after 6 months of food poisoning. :drinker: :sick:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    And some people lose weight by binging and purging.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I had an image of Moses parting the red seas in my spaghetti once...wait, what thread is this?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I'm very dubious about that movie because Morgan Spurlock refuses to release the diary of what he actually ate. I seem to remember people calculating that he must have been eating a lot more than he claimed to gain the amount of weight he did.

Eating McDonalds every day is not healthy by any means, you will miss out on a lot of micronutrients. That said, macronutrients are 10x more important in my opinion. I think it might be psychological if you feel bad every time you eat McDonalds. I ate some tonight as part of a balanced weekly diet and feel perfect.

I'm not saying you can't have it every once in a while as part of a balanced diet. You're doing it the correct way. The point was that you could eat there all the time, lose weight, and seemingly be perfectly ok. I think not. Someone could eat nothing but peanut M&Ms, stay under their calorie, and lose weight. But will they be healthy? Probably not.

This is a false equivalence. The McDonald's menu and specifically the food this particular person was eating is a lot more varied and includes far more micro and macronutrients than a diet composed entirely of peanut M&Ms.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I'd get bored with the menu after a month. I've never really been a fast food person, it was always a special treat growing up or if we were on the way someplace we'd stop but it was never 3x a week like it is for a lot of folks. I'd love to have one now and then but 5.00 for just a burger isn't worth it.