Has anyone gotten rid of huge breasts with weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Yes, at my heaviest weight, I was a 38H. I've dropped 16lbs and I'm now a 38G. I get fitted professionally whenever I think my size has changed and I need a second opinion. Having boobs this size is all about wearing the right bra and being as comfortable as possible. Is hoping I'll maybe drop a band size and a cup size with my next 16lb loss :)
  • annabeladcock
    Options
    Hey there. I'm also 5"2 and 60kg! Im 18 :) My bra size is 30G, and all my friends tell me they're big, but I don't see it... It's such a pain though, especially buying bras. Whenever I go shopping with my friends they look at all these really pretty, sexy, and reasonably priced bras, and I walk up to them and read the label, only to see "available up to a D cup!!!!"... Bloody fantasic :( That upsets me... And also most bras start at a back size of 32 or even 34, so being a back size 30 doubles the problem! It's so hard for us big busted girls to find bras that are pretty (most of them are bloody awful and ugly - and my boyfriend doesn't understand when he asks me to buy a sexy push up bra and I tell him I can't...!), fit well (can NEVER find the right size!), and are reasonably priced...

HOWEVER - there is hope. I know of 2 shops where I can get bras from. The first is Debenhams - they have a "fuller bust" section which is reasonably good, and I get most my bras from here. They have a range of standard bras to prettier ones (whooo), and the ladies in the changing room help you assess your size and which bra is best for you, very helpful and nice :). The bras are sort of pricey - about £30 each :/ The 2nd I am reasonably new to, it is a mostly online shop (but there are some outlet shops) made especially for us bigger busted girls, called bravissimo. They are more expensive (£30-£50 per bra), but they have an AMAZING range of sizes!!!! And the bras are amazingly pretty and fit well. They also do sports bras, swimsuits (buying myself one from them for by birthday :D) and some clothing. They're partnered with a clothing shop designed for larger busts (called pepperberry) which I have yet to try out, but seems amazing!!

Hope this helps :) I would go to debenhams and get yourself properly fitted by the lovely ladies - they can also offer you advice on which bras to buy to keep those girls in place!!

EDIT - sorry I didn't answer your actual question. I think losing the cup size isn't going to happen, I'm sorry :( but hopefully my advice will make living with your lovely assets a joy rather than a burden!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I have always been busty (34H) and when I lose weight I tend to go done a band size (I'm assuming you don't want to keep back bra fat either) but the cup size doesn't vary much. It took me awhile to accept my size (both mentally and physically) but these things helped:

- walk tall, posture is everything!

- buy bras that not only fit well but are also sexy, fun and/or beautiful

- get resourceful when buying lingerie since large cup sizes can be bland and expensive - for some reason the UK is great for internet ordering with great deals - http://www.ebay.co.uk, http://www.figleaves.com and www.belle-lingerie.co.uk are some suggestions with fantasie, panache, freya, and curvy kate are some brands I like. I tried ones on in a boutique shop and brought a few until I knew the right brands and size for me

- if you aren't already doing so, lift weights with an emphasis on creating a strong back and shoulders - this works miracles for posture and pain reduction (elimination in my case)

- find styles that flatter your figure and look for role models. Fashion magazines are somewhat of a help but with the fashion industry considering a D cup large you may find this a bit challenging. Salma Hayek is a short women who certainly knows how to rock her curves

- have a stiff drink before trying to find a bathing suit that fits

(just kidding on that last one)
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Well, I was a "normal" 40DD and that was my professionally fitted size. In three months, I'm now a 36C. It just means my boobs were mostly fat, which is completely genetic. Otherwise, Houlihan's list is brilliant for anyone!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    BACK to OP - if you only have 5k to go , you will most likely not go down in size,
    EVERYONE ELSE
    Measure yourself !! reddit feed "a Bra that Fits" is the beast,about Breasts and bras
    the measurement guide if you read NOTHING else!!