Only fruit&veggies during day w/ protein @ night

Options
13»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Veggies DO count and fruit is not low in calories ans natural sugars but sugars none the less. Sugars make glucose that triggers the body to store fat.

Every thing counts. Moderation is key.

Insulin is a fat storage hormone.
    I like how this is the one thing some people latch on to about insulin
    http://www.ericcressey.com/understanding-insulin

Considering I have insulin resistance, I know what I'm talking about.

The more insulin you have floating around, the bigger your stomach is going to get.

No, no you do not.

Oh right, I forgot. You know me so well!

I know that you do not know what you are talking about.

ETA my prior edits:

Did you even read the links?

Answer me this...how do you store fat in a caloric deficit.

Also, why are you assuming that everyone is insulin resistant, even if that did cause you to store fat, which it does not at a deficit?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Veggies DO count and fruit is not low in calories ans natural sugars but sugars none the less. Sugars make glucose that triggers the body to store fat.

The more insulin you have floating around, the bigger your stomach is going to get.

No, no you do not.

ETA my prior edits:

Also, why are you assuming that everyone is insulin resistant, even if that did cause you to store fat, which it does not at a deficit?

I'm not assuming. All I said was insulin is a hormone that stores fat, which is absolutely 100% true.

I did eat at a deficit and I STILL stored fat. It is all part of having the condition.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

No, no you do not.

ETA my prior edits:

I'm not assuming. All I said was insulin is a hormone that stores fat, which is absolutely 100% true.

I did eat at a deficit and I STILL stored fat. It is all part of having the condition.

Lol, you gained weight at a deficit? ok then

ETA: better stop eating protein then!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

No, no you do not.

ETA my prior edits:

oh, you again ..

out/
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    smh
  • EatTrainWin
    EatTrainWin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So at the end of the day I'm usually in between 500 and 800 calories, and I'm never hungry.

Is that an okay way to look at it?

Absolutely not! 500 - 800 calories is an extremely bad idea.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

No, no you do not.

ETA my prior edits:

Let me inform you… Individuals with insulin resistance have a diminished ability to respond to insulin. Normal amounts of insulin are inadequate to produce a normal insulin response from fat, muscle and liver cells. In order to compensate, the pancreas produces more insulin. Consequently, the process where glucose passes through the cell wall via insulin to be converted into energy is highly impaired. As a result, excess glucose remains in the blood stream, causing elevated levels of blood sugar. This is sent to the liver. Once there, the sugar is converted into fat and carried through the blood stream throughout the body. This process leads to weight gain.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

No, no you do not.

ETA my prior edits:

Let me inform you… insulin resistance reduces the sensitivity of your cell walls to insulin. Individuals with insulin resistance have a diminished ability to respond to insulin. Normal amounts of insulin are inadequate to produce a normal insulin response from fat, muscle and liver cells. In order to compensate, the pancreas produces more insulin. Consequently, the process where glucose passes through the cell wall via insulin to be converted into energy is highly impaired. As a result, excess glucose remains in the blood stream, causing elevated levels of blood sugar. This is sent to the liver. Once there, the sugar is converted into fat and carried through the blood stream throughout the body. This process leads to weight gain.

I know what insulin resistance is, and it still does not mean that you gain weight in a caloric deficit. Again, please read the links.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

No, no you do not.

ETA my prior edits:

Let me inform you… insulin resistance reduces the sensitivity of your cell walls to insulin. Individuals with insulin resistance have a diminished ability to respond to insulin. Normal amounts of insulin are inadequate to produce a normal insulin response from fat, muscle and liver cells. In order to compensate, the pancreas produces more insulin. Consequently, the process where glucose passes through the cell wall via insulin to be converted into energy is highly impaired. As a result, excess glucose remains in the blood stream, causing elevated levels of blood sugar. This is sent to the liver. Once there, the sugar is converted into fat and carried through the blood stream throughout the body. This process leads to weight gain.

I know what insulin resistance is, and it still does not mean that you gain weight in a caloric deficit. Again, please read the links.

I'm living proof that you gain weight eating at a caloric deficit. Along with many other individuals here.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

No, no you do not.

ETA my prior edits:

I'm living proof that you gain weight eating at a caloric deficit. Along with many other individuals here.

lol - if you say so.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    1) Insulin is also a muscle protein synthesis hormone...why does it not get called that?
    2) Protein is insulinogenic - why are carbs always given the bad rap?
    3) BMR for people with insulin resistance is impacted, and impacted moreso by carbs - but you still need to eat at a surplus to gain weight.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    1) Insulin is also a muscle protein synthesis hormone...why does it not get called that?
    2) Protein is insulinogenic - why are carbs always given the bad rap?
    3) BMR for people with insulin resistance is impacted, and impacted moreso by carbs - but you still need to eat at a surplus to gain weight.

I believe this ties in nicely to what you are saying:
    http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=319