40 pounds down (with pics)

Options

Replies

• candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! It always amazes me how much younger everyone looks in their "after" pics compared to their starting pics. You look fabulous! Be proud! Be very, very proud!!!!:bigsmile:
  • aquavitae30
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Good job.
  • Fiskmama
    Options
    40 lbs lost in less then 12 weeks!!! How did you do that? That comes out to greater then 3 lbs lost per week. That's serious weight loss. You look great by the way!
  • ambercscott87
    ambercscott87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and I am sure you feel even better ! THat is what is important!!!
  • Katiekat1182
    Katiekat1182 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I am totally inspired!!
  • srhines117
    srhines117 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! Wonderful job! Keep it up!
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, CONGRATULATIONS:drinker: But you must share your secrets on how you lost 40lbs in 2 months?????:wink:
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing the pics ~ it's always so inspiring! Keep up the awesome work! :flowerforyou:
  • MAbbate
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! You look wonderful and I am sure you feel AMAZING! You are an inspiration to all of us....keep up the good work and let us know how it's going. Good luck with your "final 20" ~ I'm sure you'll do great! ;)
    Marlene
  • yeahbaby
    Options
    Lori, you are AMAZING!!! I particularly love how you look kinda grumpy in the before pic - makes you look all the better in the after pic!! Ha ha!!! Congrats!! You look gorgeous. I'd better (gulp) go take a before pic.

Your admiring cousin. XO
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Congrats!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing! I can't wait to look like the new you! So great! Even your "girls" look smaller. lol Weight loss helps out with that. haha Keep up the good work!
  • margnutt
    margnutt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look great. I love before and after pics. Thanks for sharing.
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I feel great... I feel better than I have in ages, and I can actually keep up with my kids! It feels so good to feel good!

As far as my 'secrets' I can honestly say I have none, and that's why I think this worked so well for me! I'm not 'dieting' - I'm just watching what I eat, CAREFULLY! Everything I eat I log here! I haven't missed a day since I committed to losing this weight. Sure, there are days that I go over, but even so, I log it all.

When I first joined and posted a tentative welcome message, someone replied saying, "It's just math." And that stuck with me. I eat less, I move more, and it works, it really, really works!

I think everyone needs to find some form of exercise that they love, and for me, that's running. I'm a recent C25K 'graduate'. Before starting the program I couldn't run for a minute, and now I run 5k three times a week! I love it, it's freeing for my mind, body, and soul - but that's me! For each of you, it may be something different.

Anyway - all that to say that there is no secret, really! Just eat less, and move more!

Thanks again everyone!!!
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Lori, I've said it before and I'll say it again: you are a total inspiration woman! Like someone said already, you look completely at ease in your running stuff - ready for anything!! I have watched you from the beginning just doing the right things in the right way - eating proper portions of good stuff, treating yourself occasionally, and just moving! You are the poster woman for perseverence and dedication. I am proud to be your sister!
  • goal30Lori
    Options
    Lori, I've said it before and I'll say it again: you are a total inspiration woman! Like someone said already, you look completely at ease in your running stuff - ready for anything!! I have watched you from the beginning just doing the right things in the right way - eating proper portions of good stuff, treating yourself occasionally, and just moving! You are the poster woman for perseverence and dedication. I am proud to be your sister!

I can say the exact same about you Theresa!! :heart: :heart:

And LOL about the 'girls' being smaller - I am SO thankful for that!!
  • goal30Lori
    Options
    Here's a couple more!

sofarside%20copy.jpg
    sofarback%20copy.jpg
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Ohmygoodness, you should be SO immensely proud of yourself!!! I don't have to tell you how difficult is it, because you've done it! So amazing! I hope and pray I can have as much self-discipline and determination as you. I'm only looking to lose 25 lbs., but I sometimes feel like it won't ever happen. Your post reminds me that it's possible for all of us! Thanks for inspiring me! :happy: Congratulations and tally ho!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!!
  • aconley12
    Options
    You look AWESOME! congrats & keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!