Plateau Busting in October: Challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal weight this week and the temptation to go out to eat in celebration has been tough, but I'm even more thankful for this challenge because it is keeping me from an upward swing!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm stuck again. I was out to sea for a few days and now that I'm home I'm hating my scales. I couldn't wait to get home and get on mine because the ones out there are worn and not correct. WELL... Now mine or doing what I feared. I heard from other people that have WW scales that they give them a different reading every time. Mine started this morning. I stepped on and was freaking because it told me I gained 1.5 so I come back a few minutes later and gained 2.5 then stepped off, zeroed it and back on gained 1.. like WTF! So.. tomorrow morning I'll try again and then I'll break out the measuring tape. My clothes don't feel different. And I can usually tell by my jeans. ....................:mad: :grumble:
  • RaeN81
    Options
    Scales are such a tricky thing. Honestly, I am fortunate to have a weight loss group with a very expensive digital scale so that I don't have any confusion about the numbers. Give yourself a few days of grace and get a new one if you need to. Don't let it derail you!
  • SugarDiva
    Options
    Oh I'm not gonna let it throw me, it just kinda bugs me.:ohwell:
  • RaeN81
    Options
    Okay, so tomorrow is the big restaurant test: going to Red Lobster for a belated birthday celebration. Need to stay clear of the clarified butter and not eat my weight in cheddar cheese biscuits. I've been checking out the data base and it looks like the shrimp scampi is a good choice, so I might get that. I worked out hard at the gym today so I have a little leeway anyways, hoping to have a good time and be good to my body at the same time!
  • SugarDiva
    Options
    doing your homework. :smile: good work. enjoy yourself :drinker:
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    Red Lobster? High sodium, not sure there's anything safe to eat there, lol But enjoy being with your father, what a treat!

You don't have any plateau busters...this is what I've picked up from Jillian Michaels and I'm doing it...it's not word for word but here it goes:

I consume 1200-1400 calories everyday except 1...One day a week eat 1800 calories.
    Mix up the exercise and increase...I gave myself a 3 month break recently, which was too long...I lost motivation...But I like to ride 8 miles on my mountain bike. SO for these first two weeks I'm only riding 4. 2 miles up hill and they're a doozy. So this past week was week one...I lost 4 pounds. This week I'll also ride only the 4 mile loop 3 days this week. And workout arms on the home gym 3 days. This gives me something to work up to and it's about my physical limit at this point. I ride hard ;)

So up calories one day a week, mix up the exercise and up it.

So that cup of coffee may have upped your calories enough that your body let it go! :D

Are you going to be on maintenance for a while using the site?

If so...here is the formula to set a new plateau/goal weight

12 calories X weight plus 3-5 hours of exercise a week to maintain...counting calories for 12-16 weeks I think...
  • RaeN81
    Options
    Unfortunately, it looks like shrimp scampi is from the dinner menu, so I had crab cakes (not the greatest choice, oh well). Lots of calories, but for a special treat, not so bad. I'll work out later to make up for the excess. Just recently I have entered the maintenance phase of my journey, but I have set my weight loss goal to half a pound a week until I see how my body reacts to more calories. I think easing in the extra calories is not a bad idea and if a few more pounds come off, it's no big deal.
  • SugarDiva
    Options
    So today we were out for dinner with my sister. Went to Wok Box. I'm really proud of myself.. I knew what I could have and I only ate half. Cost me 306 calories. :) and with lunch for tomorrow lol
  • RaeN81
    Options
    Good for you!!! That's hard to do when you are out, enjoy the leftovers!
  • RaeN81
    Options
    Only a few more days left!!! I am looking forward to taking my hubby out at the end of the month to celebrate achieving my weight loss goal. I think we will probably go to Applebee's since they have some tasty options that are still figure friendly. I am weighing in tonight....I wonder if I've lost anymore?
  • SugarDiva
    Options
    mmm applebee's yummy *drool* LOL I'm back out a sea again til the 4th so hopefully the scale will have dropped by the time i get home. However, somedays it does that weird "WW scale syndrome" where it tells me something crazy then changes it's mind a few minutes later. So hopefully it's PMSing is over lol. I've lost inches though that's awesome. Went from a size 11 jean to a size 8 :happy: the Sixes fit my butt better but I couldn't close them. I bought them anyway haha Old Navy had a sale on so I bought the eights to fit now and the sixes to fit later. It'll give me something to really work towards :) Ohh.. and exciting news... I'm hoping that when i get home I have a new job. *crosses fingers* so not only will it be a new job but they have their own GYM! YES!!!!! I'll be at work even on my days off! Enjoy Applebees :)
  • RaeN81
    Options
    No weigh in tonight due to an early snow storm. Have to wait until next week to see if all my hard work paid off. I'll be happy to simply maintain anyways, but an extra pound or two off would be fine too :)
  • RaeN81
    Options
    Only three days left! I was so craving a burger and fries that I made them at home...way fewer calories and still super yummy. Started a new challenge (a fitness challenge) today too so that the momentum continues.
  • SugarDiva
    Options
    I started the hundred pushup/squat/situp challange a few days ago. I started with the pushups cuz I have a problem doing them. then I noticed the squat and situp ones, so I figured why not.. :) Did the scale hold true for you?
  • RaeN81
    Options
    They more than held, I lost more weight! Well, at least according to my new wii fit!
  • SugarDiva
    Options
    woot!! :happy:
  • RaeN81
    Options
    Okay, the final day has arrived and I am happy to say that there were very few blips along the way. The one time I did go out with my dad, it wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be! LOL So, I need to be careful to not completely revert to my old ways, but I will have some take out in the near future and enjoy it. Thanks for coming with me on this journey to building healthier eating habits.
  • SugarDiva
    Options
    thank you for the invite:happy: It was actually pretty easy to do and I tried so many new recipes. I'd tell you what the scales say but I'm at sea and the scales here SUCK. :laugh: We'll have to try this again sometime. Good luck maintaining :drinker: