Most amusing response to "you've lost weight"?

Options
13»

Replies

• Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Well, if I could edit my post I would!! But I can't!! So, I sincerity apologize if I uses the cancer word!! I did not meen too offend anybody with my post!! I'm sorry!!

Dan

You can make light of any situation.

Some people choose (yes, make a CHOICE) to be offended over small things.

my uncle died of colon cancer last year

friend of mine is going through hell with his 17 month old daughter who has leukemia.

some things you just shouldn't joke about, just for karmas sake.

I'm sorry about your uncle and his daughter. How do such good people get such bad luck? I'll never understand it. The world has a strange way of treating us.

The cancer joke was just an example to get things going and not meant to be a main topic of discussion here. I believe if we eliminated joking from everything that might offend somebody, we would lose the ability to laugh. I heard the "joke" initially from someone that had cancer and wanted to make light of a bad situation. Different people have different ways of reacting to the world. Some people have cancer and it's a depressing subject that just destroys them. Others might joke about it to relieve tension because they feel they only have so much time left and they went to spend it laughing.

I personally hate it when people joke about prison rape regarding males. Rape is bad. We all agree. But when it's a man in jail for any reason at all, we make light of it and joke? Like "screw him. He deserves it. Haha have fun with butch in that small jail cell". How could you wish that on ANYBODY? To think that someone deserves to be victimized and you're endorsing it? And joking about it isn't even controversial. People do it on tv all that time like they're talking about some kind of ghetto justice. Blows my mind.
  • Scampimom
    Scampimom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Youve lost weight!!!

Yeah, its a revolutionary diet system. I can eat anything I like and as much as I like, but I have to liquidize it and eat it from a colander using chopsticks. I'm not allowed to eat anything that runs through............

Hahahaha, I'm gonna try that diet. Or there's the toddler diet - you give a toddler a bowl of food, and you can only eat what you can catch in your mouth before it hits the floor/walls/ceiling
  • Scampimom
    Scampimom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Or if you're a man you could always look sly and sassy and whisper that it's actually extensive corsetry. And it makes you feel so....alive!
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Just tell them it's Spanx-especially if you're a guy.
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Just be happy they notice! I'm still waiting ... :ohwell:
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Just be happy they notice! I'm still waiting ... :ohwell:

Ohhhh swift! Have you lost weight?
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options