Ack! Better work that off!

Options
MamaRiss
MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
So I made some "pizza bread" today, which is one of my favorites. Then I created the recipe using the handy dandy little tool on here.

CRAP! Even with the 3 miles of walking I did this morning I was over my fat allotment for the day. I'm so ready to not be fat; so as much as I hate it, another 30 minutes of areobics and 10 for calisthenics this afternoon

So note to self. no more pizza bread!

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Physiology fail.
    Until you understand that you cannot outperform your nutrition, you'll not succeed.
    IMO you should pop out 100 pushups, body squats and knee tucks, within any time prior to bed to deplete glycogen in the muscle for that tasty treat to fill later.
  • MamaRiss
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I'm still new to this so I'm happy to see better tips than " Just work it off"
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Physiology fail.
    Until you understand that you cannot outperform your nutrition, you'll not succeed.
    IMO you should pop out 100 pushups, body squats and knee tucks, within any time prior to bed to deplete glycogen in the muscle for that tasty treat to fill later.
    Huh?

OP would you open your diary?...perhaps you are being too hard on yourself. No reason you cant enjoy some pizza bread.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Notice you say over your fats for the day,
    So you still under your calorie goals with that delicious pizza?
  • MamaRiss
    Options
    Ok , I think I have it opened up now, but I havn't actually eaten dinner yet, just have it planned out
  • MamaRiss
    Options

Yes, I would still be under my calorie goal, just over my fat without the extra exercise
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Ok , I think I have it opened up now, but I havn't actually eaten dinner yet, just have it planned out
    you are completely fine having fat go over a bit. You dont have to have perfect macros...i would, however, consider changing your protein goal to be a little higher.

do NOT stress over those few grams of fat. seriously.

:flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Yes, I would still be under my calorie goal, just over my fat without the extra exercise

So? I'm over my fat 5 days a week, it's nbd
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    you are completely fine having fat go over a bit. You dont have to have perfect macros...i would, however, consider changing your protein goal to be a little higher.

do NOT stress over those few grams of fat. seriously.

:flowerforyou:

This. Fat doesn't make you fat. Excess calories do.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Physiology fail.

Did you just grab a box of words and dump them on the screen?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

So? I'm over my fat 5 days a week, it's nbd

This... I don't think there has been a day where i don't go over my fat macros.
  • MamaRiss
    Options
    Thanks. How do I go about changing my macros? I just have it basically on default for a 1 lb per week loss
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Physiology fail.

BWAHAHAHA! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Your calories are too low. Don't worry so much about going over on fat, MFP has their fat goal set low. But you should be aiming to hit your calorie goal, not come in significantly under it.

I also wonder about your logging though-- butter toast, 2 oz for 28 calories? That doesn't seem right. Unless I'm not understanding what it is. Toast (just the bread) runs me 70 calories per slice, so 140 for two pieces.
  • MamaRiss
    Options
    Thanks for making feel a bit better everyone. I'm trying to not be too hard on myself in the beginning of this journey. It helps to see that people who have gone a lot farther also go over sometimes
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Thanks. How do I go about changing my macros? I just have it basically on default for a 1 lb per week loss

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

Go into goals and hit manual. Then adjust.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Physiology fail.

:laugh:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Your calories are too low. Don't worry so much about going over on fat, MFP has their fat goal set low. But you should be aiming to hit your calorie goal, not come in significantly under it.

I also wonder about your logging though-- butter toast, 2 oz for 28 calories? That doesn't seem right. Unless I'm not understanding what it is. Toast (just the bread) runs me 70 calories per slice, so 140 for two pieces.

...huh.

Huh. :ohwell: :huh:
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    GOALS> CHANGE GOALS > custom... then change the percentages.

I do 40% carb/ 30% fat/ 30% protein

you can do whatever you like.
  • MamaRiss
    Options

I started out using the basic one serving is two slices, which they had set at 8 oz. When I weighed mine, it only came in at 2 oz for BOTH pieces, then I go in and add in extra butter, usually about 20 grams total ( I do see that I logged that one wrong today)

I am really low on my calories today, I just did not feel like eating a lot this morning, so I pretty much was forcing the eggs down, and ended up feeding some to my son. I've got 4 hours until I actually have dinner, so I'll try to figure out something by then to get me closer to my goal
    '