Losing 200 Pounds, a Success Story in Progress

Options

Replies

• sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    So glad I saw your post. Thanks for sharing. I'm just beginning my journey. You are truly an inspiration.
  • pettijdj
    pettijdj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Kevin,
    Thanks for sharing your story and "never quit" philosophy. You are a real inspiration for all of us!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!
  • sherry0614
    sherry0614 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Kev, you are just amazing. You put things so simply and humbly that it almost makes one not want to praise you. But we have to. You have achieved something that very few people have. I am so incredibly proud of you and inspired by you - and I, too, never want to quit. Thank you for the motivation and inspiration and for sharing your story with us - your fans and avid readers :-)
  • oceanbreeze27
    oceanbreeze27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This is an incredible achievement and you have every right to celebrate! Thank you for sharing your success and allowing us to celebrate with you. :o)
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. Very inspirational. Thank you.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    :love: Wow. You're amazing success and determination will be an inspiration to all who read this story. Thanks for sharing. And a humongous congratulations on your success. :drinker: You've given yourself and your loved ones a fantastic gift--a longer, happier life with each other. :happy: :heart:
  • MindMelter
    MindMelter Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Holy moly! You lost an entire person!! Amazing. Your hard work has really paid off.
  • jcubedatund
    jcubedatund Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your truly amazing story. You are an inspiration. I believe that it is nearly impossible to celebrate too much. I celebrate if I made it through the day and hit my calorie goal. Give yourself all the credit and freedom to celebrate all of your successes, no matter how big or small :happy:
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Amazing. An inspiration to those of us on the journey. Dont let a bad today be a bad tomorrow. Excellent.
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Kevin! I love it, you are amazing and inspiring and I love you...eh it? You know what I mean! You shoukd be proud and maybe you should celebrate by dancing! You may feel like you have a long way to go and that is the hard part but you are amazing and dknt forget it!
  • meyerliz
    meyerliz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You worked really hard for this. You should see the new Lego Movie and adopt the theme "Everything is Awesome"-because you are!
  • wordsandmusic51
    wordsandmusic51 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I read your post with tears streaming down my face. Your story is my story, as well as the story so many of us are living. I weighed more than you when I began my journey. I had that exact same moment when I bought a scale and stepped on it for the first time. It make me sick, literally. I threw up. Just the effort it took to step on the scale was enormous, and all I wanted to do was sink back into my comfort zone, the chair I literally lived in because it was the only thing that would hold me. I even slept in it. I would have been an easy excuse to continue slowly killing myself, wearing blinders to the reality of what I actually did weigh. I could have given up then and there.

Instead, I did the scariest thing I think I have ever done in my life. I called the hospital and told them I needed to know my weight and asked them if they could help. The allowed me to come in, in a wheelchair, and sit aside while they weighed it, then had me get back in it and weighed me with the chair, subtracting the chairs weight. On a freight scale. I cried the entire time. I was shaking so badly I was unable to stop. I was having trouble breathing and felt sure I would pass out when I saw the reality right there before my eyes.

It took me several days to calm down, stop eating in an attempt to drown the pain, and formulate a plan. It has not been an easy process, and as with you, even after losing the first 200 pounds I have trouble remembering at times to give myself credit for how far I have come.

You have done an amazing job, and I know your family and friends are incredibly proud of you. All the best to you as you continue on your journey!
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Loved this - you are a true inspiration! Thank you so much for letting us see into your mind and struggles!
  • jessicamoye33
    jessicamoye33 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Woohooo! excellent success story, you've given me hope. So excited to read your story which is similar to mine. Celebrate it, embrace it, and keep it moving!
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    you inspire me every day and i am so very happy for you my amazing friend. You are a success story that give so many people motivation, inspiration and hope, i am glad you are sharing it and celebrating your accomplishments xoxoxoxox
  • flyygirl802
    flyygirl802 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspiring and your post brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations on your success and achievements!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    amazing story, thank you for sharing
  • kimkay1985
    kimkay1985 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story and the good advice!
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Inspirational!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!