Sitting next to each other on a date = inappropriate?

Options

Replies

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are "same side sitters". That way we can touch each other under the table and whisper filthy things into each other's ears. I only recently found out we were "weird" in this regard. Oh well.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Next. That way, when she asks if I've seen the "The Notebook, I won't spray her when I blow my drink out of my nose.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I generally go for a lap DANCE.
    Fixed it for you. Me, too.
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I do prefer sitting on their face but i may also go for the face to face and playing with my foot ????????????
  • ReginaldBrontosaurus
    ReginaldBrontosaurus Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Sitting in the car. Sitting at a movie. Sitting on a couch. All the side sitting, why not break up the routine for a little.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

I was waiting ever so patiently for someone to do that :drinker:
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have always sat next to each other at restaurants. Still do. It's preference. :)
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options

I was waiting ever so patiently for someone to do that :drinker:
    Glad to oblige. *commences lap dance for you*
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Let's ask CS Lewis: "Lovers are normally face to face, absorbed in each other; Friends, side by side, absorbed in some common interest. "

I prefer to face my lovers and rub shoulders with friends. But you know, whatevers.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    My first date with my fiance, we sat next to each other. We are still together and it will be five years soon. Not understanding the whole, awkward for servers thing either. Ummm, how do they know its a first date, or a second date, or if you are married? Sit where you are most comfortable. Whatever other think, let them think it and don't let it bother you. :drinker:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I think people should mind their own business and let people sit wherever the hell they want.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Let's ask CS Lewis: "Lovers are normally face to face, absorbed in each other; Friends, side by side, absorbed in some common interest. "

I prefer to face my lovers and rub shoulders with friends. But you know, whatevers.

It wouldn't be weird if there were two friends and they both sat on the same side of the booth with just the two of them?
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Awk.Ward... Someone sat next to me on a dinner date like 12 years ago, and it was very awkward. (I did NOT want to see him again.)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

It wouldn't be weird if there were two friends and they both sat on the same side of the booth with just the two of them?

I think two people on one side of the booth is weird no matter what.

This topic just make me thing of that quote.
  • BeautifulChaos27
    Options
    During the meal, across from each other. Splitting the dessert is when we sit next to each other.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I think people should mind their own business and let people sit wherever the hell they want.

THIS!!! Why the hell would it bother anyone how someone else sits????
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    During the meal, across from each other. Splitting the dessert is when we sit next to each other.

I wouldn't split my dessert with anybody!!
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Sitting next to each other on a date?!

SLUT!!!

Joking. Don't even care.

You would sit next to me!! You would sit next to me so hard!!!!
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Siting on the same side of the table allows for superior tag-team people watching
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    I like sitting next to each other. Cheap feels are easier. :smokin:

This. Especially if you both enjoy being naughty in public.