Need tips to up water consumption.

Options
13»

Replies

• will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This might sound silly, but I found a water bottle I really liked and that helped me pick it up more throughout the day and drink more from it.

+1. Get a 24 oz or larger one and it is easier too.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    well...there's liquid juice but...don't use too much... it's not the healthiest thing but one drop won't kill you
    or add lime or lemon to it....

make light real ice tea....more water than tea..still will give it a little taste.
    Not can or nestle ice tea...home made all the way
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Drink more water. This is the ultimate first world problem, with the easiest solution.

Tough problem, OP.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the world...
    1234022_602393926469910_623562385_n.jpg
    1912448_819879678027481_985494565_n.jpg
    happy-children.JPG
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Drink until your urine color is clear.

...that's what I do.

That is slightly excessive. A very pale yellow colour is ideal. If your urine is entirely clear then you are probably over-hydrated. Urine, after all, is your body expelling fluid it has finished using and doesn't have a need for. If you're expelling almost 100% water (how it would appear clear) then your body is saying thanks but no thanks.
  • HealthySOM
    Options
    I have to drink a gallon to a gallon and a half a day.. it's not always easy, so I carry one of those annoying gallon water jugs with me everywhere everyday. It helps me keep track of how much I have had and how much I need to finish before the day is over. Not the most exciting thing, but I found it helpful for me.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I have to drink a gallon to a gallon and a half a day.. it's not always easy, so I carry one of those annoying gallon water jugs with me everywhere everyday. It helps me keep track of how much I have had and how much I need to finish before the day is over. Not the most exciting thing, but I found it helpful for me.

What do you mean by "have to"? As in, a doctor has prescribed it? Or you read somewhere that it was necessary? Or perhaps someone is holding a family member hostage and has threatened you with bad things if you don't? ("Have to" has a really wide range of possibilities.)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee/lattes when thirsty.
  • Inner_Goddess
    Inner_Goddess Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Start by making a habit. I have to have 2 glasses in before I shower, then 2 before I get to work. After that it's normally another 4 before lunch, another 4 before I go home and at least 4 more at home. Usually 2 of the glasses is hot tea and another 1 is protein shake.
  • HealthySOM
    Options
    Yep, I have to.. in terms of, that's part of prepping for a fitness comp.
  • Madner70
    Madner70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I drink ice water with all my meals. It's the only liquid I have with meals. Took some time getting use to, but it's old hat now. It's hard to wash down a meal on less than 12 ounces of water for me. I probably drink about 48 ounces at lunch and dinner alone.