personal trainer pissed off!

Options
tumblr_mnnjhprRld1rrgn2so1_500.jpg

I'm an advanced certified personal trainer and can make anyone have the physique they want, if they follow my plan. I spend so much time laying out instructions, customizing and educating that client. Occasionally I get a lame client who doesn't do exactly what the plan is.

DSC00627.jpg
not going to kill lame *kitten* client who is not doing what he has been instructed to do.... not going to kill lame *kitten* client.....

AND
going to train with another trainer who contradicts everything I tell you to do, then you complain to me about you are not improving =
Crap_Im_Stuck_600x930_540.jpg

Will you people who pay CPTs please make our life and your lives easier? DO WHAT YOUR TRAINER TELLS YOU TO DO.

fitness_20.jpeg

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    lol… i think people hire PT's so they can blame someone other than themselves when their "plan" doesn't work.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different...not everyone is good at following directions.

Patience. Isn't it part of the job? Or are these extraordinarily different and difficult clients?
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I get this. Try being an Elementary School teacher though...those little turds rarely do what you want them to!
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your clients aren't progressing because you missed your true calling: teaching people how to be condescending.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    The people I know who use PTs are fat and lazy and never improve because they think spending money means they don't have to put the work in.
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I hope you are just blowing off steam and you don't really feel this way! Teachers, doctors, trainers, etc. all have to do the best to help someone become better, even when they are not always compliant.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Breathe! :P

You must've known you were going to run into this when you started the job. Either way you are getting paid. When they realise they aren't getting results without doing the work some will step it up, others will quit. Its just the way it goes
  • 175michael
    175michael Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have lost 60 lbs with my personal trainer and think very highly of him. But I still get frustrated
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Although I understand your frustration, I think we ALL work/live in a society where people (partners, co-workers, subordinates) don't always follow our directions. Personal training isn't only about giving direction. You can only do so much and be as positive and motivational as possible.

I am not a "treadmill walker", but I just might drive to the gym to walk on the treadmill if I felt it was better than walking alone in an uninspiring, pathless, unlit neighborhood, such as mine.

Best of luck with your clients, and your career!
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I have used a personal trainer and it was fantastic! It was not to blame him It was for my own safety first and formost. I had been out due to medical issue and returning was going to be hard because I wanted to go back the way I had been too fast hence MD said trainer was a must. He helped me go slow and yes I listened , at times I hated what he said but it was always right and thats what I hated the most. I wanted more but he knew where the danger line was and wasn't about to let me cross that line and get injured. I would recomend him to anyone in my town and to use one if you are serious if not just to start but regularly
  • lynnkieu
    lynnkieu Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I get this. Try being an Elementary School teacher though...those little turds rarely do what you want them to!

Wow, I hope you never teach my child. It would break my heart to know that a teacher called my child a "little turd". Maybe you are in the wrong vocation.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your clients aren't progressing because you missed your true calling: teaching people how to be condescending.

Good to know I wasn't the only person who read OP that way.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

That made me laugh out loud lol! :laugh:
  • Choc46
    Choc46 Posts: 23
    Options

This
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

Wow, I hope you never teach my child. It would break my heart to know that a teacher called my child a "little turd". Maybe you are in the wrong vocation.

Probably. Mine own kids are turds though...what can I say?
  • futurejedi
    futurejedi Posts: 111
    Options
    dont hate on those lazy people it makes us in the gym making progress look that much better :bigsmile:
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options

Good to know I wasn't the only person who read OP that way.

God forbid a person be frustrated when the sound advice they're being paid to give is ignored. That's a frustrating thing to experience. I'd probably just be frank with my client. "You won't get the results you've told me you want if you're not following the plan. I can see by your body whether you're following the plan or not."
    The harsh reality is no matter what is SAID, the body doesn't lie.
  • teach54
    teach54 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

I was thinking the exact same thing. And I am an elementary teacher.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    The people I know who use PTs are fat and lazy and never improve because they think spending money means they don't have to put the work in.

I had a trainer for a while. Worked with him for 1.5 years actually. When we started I had the opposite reaction from him, because I was so big. After a few sessions, he realized he could push me pretty hard. Before long, he was using me to test new ideas for his other clients. It was all outdoor work, so things like running up hill with logs, sit ups with log across the chest, stairwell burpees.

This overgeneralization of people who use PTs is as bad as the OP. Although I am assuming OP is just venting...
  • ducttapegonewild
    Options

Probably. Mine own kids are turds though...what can I say?

Do teach my kids? Those little turds don't do anything I say...

As for breaking your heart that your kid is a little turd... I blame it on parenting... or lack thereof...