Eating habbits that can reduce weight

Options
2»

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    In order to stay fit and healthy its very important to eat balanced meals. Everyday you should eat fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, lots of water, lemon etc.

1) Vegetables are generally very low in calories, very high in fiber, and full of flavor and nutrition:smile: , but avoid fatty dressings :noway: or dips.:grumble:
    2) Fruit provides a good source of soluble fiber:smile: , releasing energy more slowly and keeping you feeling full longer.
    3) Whole grain products like brown rice, quinoa, and wheat berries, will help you maintain a lower weight, reduce your risk of stroke, and lessen your risk of heart disease.:grumble:
    4) Low-fat dairy products:noway: , such as yogurt or cheddar cheese, are good sources of vitamin D and can make your bones strong.:grumble:
    5) Lean meats like poultry and fish are naturally low in fat:grumble: , and certain fish like salmon, sardines, and fresh tuna are an excellent sources of antioxidants and Omega-3 fatty acids:smile: , which are beneficial to your health.
    6) Drinking lemon and green tea is also very useful to reduce weight.:noway:

D+ - not a bad effort.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I really need some fat. If I don't get enough fat in the morning I turn into a shakey basket case at 10:00. My preferred fat is walnuts added to my oatmeal. Eat at a deficit, eat heathy food and exercise. Do that and the rest will take care of itself.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I thought this said, "Eating hobbits can reduce weight."

45317210.jpg
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    folks cut the OP some slack..obviously a newbie - 2 posts etc!

it just looks cut and pasted to me..

calories in deficit is what works, hitting macros and getting up and moving :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

I don't see where anyone gave the OP a hard time. :huh:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Good suggestions for a healthier diet, but I too disagree with "low fat dairy".
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I don't see where anyone gave the OP a hard time. :huh:

Bully... you're a BULLY!!!!......just thought i would get in there first.....
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

See...if we "cut" him "slack," then other noobs are going to think that his bad advice is correct...and that does nobody any good.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten rabbit.
    Not an amazing meat, but tasty enough if cooked right.

And yes, I was going to be sceptical, but all are things that CAN help people stick to a deficit.

I would caution against cheese however - personally the only two I can really have are either Weight watchers Mature cheddar (30g protein, 10g fat for 214 calories - very good protein/calorie ratio for something that's not lean meat) or light mozzarella (20g protein, 9g fat for 167 calories) which is better on pizza. Other 'low fat' cheese can be more like 300 calories for 30g protein, which is starting to push it too much for me.

Edit: actually, I re-read it. Lemon and Green tea? Citation, please. I find it easy to eat LOADS of fruit if I'm not careful. Whole grain products often don't taste as nice. Also if you're otherwise fit and healthy, likely have little real impact.

I manage to stay 'fit and healthy' often eating far from 'balanced meals'. Further, a lot fitter and healthier than many that do.
    How? I get out and do exercise - which makes a much bigger difference to fitness :).