Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sweating for the Wedding, anyone?

Replies

• Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    I'm getting married on 23 Aug this year. Still got 30 lbs of fat to shift....I think I've got 24 weeks left....
  • Kimber250
    Kimber250 Posts: 27 Member
    Such great motivation! June is in the near distance, but I know you can do this!

Where is the wedding?
  • Kimber250
    Congrats! :flowerforyou:

I've been engaged since September 2012. We finally set our date - June 14th, 2014! :smile:

*******June will be beautiful*******
  • Kimber250
    I am getting married on October 4, 2014 and I am in the same boat! I want to lose 10-20 more pounds and tighten up! No soft underarms anymore, dammit!

So great!! Glad you are here!

What kind of excersizes are you doing?? I need ideas :)
  • Kimber250
    I'm doing this due to some unexpected weight gain in the last year. My wedding is June 1st though, so I have less time.I'm wearing a sari, which can be fairly forgiving since most of it is a huge piece of cloth, but my blouse underneath is going to be tailored. I had a lot of success with paleo last year at this time but got derailed around finals and never got back on track.

Tell me about Paleo.. what is it exactly?
  • Kimber250
    I'm sweating for a wedding on October 18, 2014 too! It's my son's wedding - does that still count? He's marrying a tiny little thing, who comes from a family of tiny little things. I'm hoping to lose 50 lbs by then.

Absolutely!! Welcome aboard! :)

How long have you been losing? Whats your strategy?
  • Kimber250
    I am sweating for the wedding. Our wedding date is Feb 12, 2015. I'm looking to lose about 30 more lbs before I buy the dress.

So Great!!! Feb will be beautiful!! :) Where are you getting married? Destination? what are your colors?
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    My partner wants to get married this year. I refuse to set a date until I am around a size 12.
    Maybe end of the year shotgun wedding :) I never wanted anything big and we both have no family coming so it will be a town hall service followed by drinks and canapés with friends at a suite we will hire for the weekend in the city :)

Good luck to you all. Feel free to add me :)
  • Chandra01
    Chandra01 Posts: 2 Member
    Congrats im getting married September 20
  • Kimber250
    My partner wants to get married this year. I refuse to set a date until I am around a size 12.
    Maybe end of the year shotgun wedding :) I never wanted anything big and we both have no family coming so it will be a town hall service followed by drinks and canapés with friends at a suite we will hire for the weekend in the city :)

SOOO FUN!!! I wish I could wait, I just wanna run down that aisle so quickly... :)<3

what is your strategy? what is your daily diet like? exercise?
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Congrats! I'm engaged but haven't set a date yet, but considering I have about 80+ pounds total to lose to be "healthy weight" why not consider it sweating for the wedding too? :)

SW: 226.4
    CW: 198.6
    GW: 150 is my point where I am choosing because I haven't been under this number in about 15 yrs (when I was in my mid 20s).

:)
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member

That's kind of how I'm feeling, he wants to get married this year, I want to be smaller/healthier. We also don't have a lot of family around or friends really as our "people" are spread all over the US and to be honest, I'm not sure I want to get married around here with a bigger wedding as the only florist in our small town, my fiance's ex-wife works at, and that's weird to me lol... among other reasons, I just don't want a huge wedding, never really have, but we both have huge families, so its hard to figure out what we want to do. Your idea sounds awesome!
  • brittk2013
    brittk2013 Posts: 141 Member
    I got married last June, but I'm hoping to lose weight by my first anniversary this year. :) I have friends getting married next June, and I'm just waiting on one of my best friends to get engaged and will probably be in her wedding so I want to get looking fabulous and stay that way. I also love weddings and can offer my experience in the planning as well as the experiences of around 80 friends I have who also got married last June. Any of you are free to add me.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    I am trying to lose a few pounds for my dad's wedding in May. Does that count? lol Hoping to lose 10 to 20 lbs.
  • nbenoist87
    nbenoist87 Posts: 12 Member
    Me too! Our wedding date is 12/13/14 :)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Planning but no dates because I wanted to make sure I'd fit in that dress, haha!
  • 1808kristin
    1808kristin Posts: 23 Member
    Getting married on1 November, still got 8kg (16 lbs to loose).
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    me
  • doover3
    doover3 Posts: 25
    Congratulations! Impending engagement this year, hoping to get married in the summer of 2015, so I guess I could be sweating for the wedding?! Our goals are so similar - CW 244, GW this year 190 - good luck!
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Our wedding is 20th September 2014 (squeeee!!!) and I'd like to lose another stone (14lbs) by then. I am definitely sweating for the wedding with 45 mins to an hour of blogilates every morning, two spinning classes per week, netball training once a week and swimming and running if I can fit it in on the other days! I am eating as clean as possible too.

I am giggling at what I just wrote because it sounds like I am absolutely mental, but actually I am super pumped and motivated right now so I'm really enjoying it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!