Sweating for the Wedding, anyone?

Options

Replies

• nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Oct 31st here!! Same reasons for getting my butt in shape! That dress is gonna look EPIC. =D
  • Kimber250
    Kimber250 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose a few pounds for my dad's wedding in May. Does that count? lol Hoping to lose 10 to 20 lbs.

You bet!! Hello! :) where is your Dad getting married?
  • Kimber250
    Options
    Oct 31st here!! Same reasons for getting my butt in shape! That dress is gonna look EPIC. =D
    Damn Right it will :) are you doing a different colored dress for Halloween? or are you going with white? I always thought about getting married on H-day, and doing a HUGE dark/purplish/black dress... would be sweet!

Where are you getting married?
  • Kimber250
    Options
    Our wedding is 20th September 2014 (squeeee!!!) and I'd like to lose another stone (14lbs) by then. I am definitely sweating for the wedding with 45 mins to an hour of blogilates every morning, two spinning classes per week, netball training once a week and swimming and running if I can fit it in on the other days! I am eating as clean as possible too.

I am giggling at what I just wrote because it sounds like I am absolutely mental, but actually I am super pumped and motivated right now so I'm really enjoying it!!

You my dear are quite an inspiration!! :) I am working out 2x a day.. right away in the morning and then again after work..i feel great, but, I need to get my eating habits in order... tell me how eating clean works? if it grows in the ground, eat it?

Where are you getting married???
  • Kimber250
    Options
    Congratulations! Impending engagement this year, hoping to get married in the summer of 2015, so I guess I could be sweating for the wedding?! Our goals are so similar - CW 244, GW this year 190 - good luck!

Summer will be gorgeous!! Thanks for adding me as a friend! What is your strategy? What is your daily (usual) diet and excersise look like? I need different ideas, I am not seeing the results I thought I would with how much im doing....

rawr...

• MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm Getting married in Jamaica on June 13th (a wedding-moon) and then doing the pictures/reception (everything but the ceremony) back home July 26th.

My starting weight (prior to begin engaged, but knowing it would come)- 222
    current weight- 175
    goal weight for wedding- 164

I started ChaLEAN extreme on March 1st. It's a 3 month program, so it should take me right up to June :) I'm not shooting for a big weight loss since the program should build lots of muscles and reshape my body pretty good.

I'd like to say I'll get down to 159 by my reception back home, but I have a feeling after 13 days at an all-inclusive resorts, I might not stay on track, lol
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose a few pounds for my dad's wedding in May. Does that count? lol Hoping to lose 10 to 20 lbs.

You bet!! Hello! :) where is your Dad getting married?
    He is getting married in Florida. I am going to be a bridesmaid as well. The dress fits, but I would just love to lose a little more weight and maybe it will look better on me than it already does. :)
  • doover3
    doover3 Posts: 25
    Options
    Congratulations! Impending engagement this year, hoping to get married in the summer of 2015, so I guess I could be sweating for the wedding?! Our goals are so similar - CW 244, GW this year 190 - good luck!

Summer will be gorgeous!! Thanks for adding me as a friend! What is your strategy? What is your daily (usual) diet and excersise look like? I need different ideas, I am not seeing the results I thought I would with how much im doing....

rawr...

I restarted yesterday. I planning to average around 1500 cals (MFP set for 1650) just generally eating what I want within my numbers, will start c25k shortly too. I'm going to attempt weekly mini goals to keep me going, so this week I am aiming to stay under my weekly cal goal. How is your week looking?

If all goes to plan we will get married in Oxford. I'm desperate for an outdoor ceremony but they aren't legally binding in the UK so I need to get creative!
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

Goal #1 is to be trimmed down by my brother's wedding which is the week before Thanksgiving this year. I began taking my health more seriously last year in October and it has been a slow but steady journey filled with . After my brother's wedding it will be goal #2 my destination wedding in Nicaragua during March 2015. :3 - So there are ZERO excuses, plenty of time to get it right!!!
  • jessicaadair
    jessicaadair Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am getting married this year in Septmber and have my soon-to-be Sister in laws wedding in Mexico in June. Hopefully I can do this! Good Luck and Congrats to everyone!!!
  • fordmusic
    fordmusic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am getting married Oct 3 2015!! Tying to slowly work towards my goal weight and I have plenty of time. Feel free to add me and good luck everyone!!
  • jennnymccarthy
    jennnymccarthy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just began SWTW -- Maid of Honor in my sister's wedding in November 2014 :) We are both trying to lose weight!

Also, my BF & I are about to move in with each other and I have a feeling that my own wedding may be within the next two years :) Why not start now?!
  • amw5471
    amw5471 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just added all the other bridesmaids in this thread! Maid of Honor for my couin's wedding and bridesmaid for a childhood friends wedding, within 10 days of eachother in May 2015. Bother are beach weddings and we haven't picked out dresses yet. I am hoping to be lighter by the time we go bridesmaid dress shopping as well as (hopefully) have reached my goal by next May for pictures.
  • Rankinlm
    Rankinlm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm sweating for 2 weddings both my best friends are getting married one July 26 2014 and one September 27th 2014 it is important to me to get to a healthy weight regardless of the dates but it is fabulous motivation. Anyone feel free to add me we can support each other :)

SW: 271
    CW: 234
    GW:160

Good luck to everyone!! We can do this!!
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    SWEATING FOR THE WEDDING HERE!! JUNE 14, 2014!
  • Germangirl_Steffi
    Options
    YES!!! LET'S DO IT! I will marry the love of my life in September and I want to loose at least additional 15 pounds until then! Right now, I am a little lazy - only sports twice a week...sometimes more, but I know I need to do more! Great group - with you all, this will work. Feel free to add me as a MFP buddy :-)
  • beekaki
    beekaki Posts: 12
    Options
    Yes! Wedding date here Oct 4th 2014. I don't weigh myself but I'd like to fit in a size 14 dress! Don't know if
    I'll get there, but it won't hurt to try :)

Started on Jan 11th and I really see a difference. my size 18 clothers are starting to be super loose :)

Trying to lose 2 lbs a week.
  • beetsalad327
    Options
    Hi and congrats to all of you!! I am sweating for the wedding too :) eeeek so excited we have been together for 9 years :) I'm getting married on September 7 this year!! I'm trying to tone up nicely since we are honeymooning in Costa Rica for almost 2 weeks hello bikini. I also am wearing a strapless gown and want to have awesome arms! I began cleaning up my eating habits in early February and going to Koko Fitclub 4-5x a week. I use a polar ft4 heart monitor when I workout for an extra bump of motivation I love it.

Height: 5 ft 2ish
    SW: 136
    CW: 130.4
    GW: 110-118
  • dlibonati
    dlibonati Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone!

I just got engaged this month too :) We haven't set a date yet, eyeing either Sept this year or June next year. June would be better for the waistline and wallet, but we'll see!

Is there a active wedding/bride group? I'd love to have a supportive group of girls going through the same thing.

Looking to lose 40-50lbs by the big day. Done it before but gained it all back!
  • tigerlilly24
    tigerlilly24 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yep getting married next June 2015 so lucky me I have just over year to see how much weigh I can drop. I am currently 208.2 and so close to my first goal reaching ONEderland and then on to goal number 2 of my 180 lb prepregnancy weight followed by goal #3 150lbs and my ultimate final dream goal of 130lbs. For the wedding though if I can just rea:drinker: ch a single digit size I'll be over the moon. For my very first dress fitting last week I was a solid size 16. I'm hoping I'm a 13/14 for the next round of dresses in a few months. Good luck!:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!